Thread: Question About Skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Question About Skills.

Hi guys, I started my third character as a commander and I'm loving it. I have a few questions though :

1. Can anyone post their Singularity and Graviton Slam damage range? Both at level 6 preferably. I tried both against red sun mobs, and Graviton seemed to do the same damage as Singularity (Level 3 and 6 respectively).

2. Nebula. I am hearing different opinions but I just unlocked this skill and all I can say is waste of mana at this point. Mobs are already dead in 2 seconds. So how many of you have it?

3. I have Kinetic Reservoir at level 3, and it heals barely a quarter of my mana, not enough if I use all my skills. So should I remove it completely?

Thanks in advance to whoever who answers. I mostly want to know #1, because those are my biggest damage dealers. My mind is pretty made up about removing Nebula and Kinetic Reservoir, just want other opinions.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I'll try my best

1. I think all are consistent now, sorry can't give you exact figures yet. If it helps, that thread with all the skill ranks and damages might be correct if things haven't changed.

2. Not a big fan of it either, but for heavy mobs I can see it's use. 5 ticks of 20 damage is 100 damage already, 200 if you pot up. So it can get quite good too. Depending on build I guess.

3. Not a big fan at all. I'd rather use a mana stim than waste skill points here. 2 seconds for more damage? It's almost impossible to time the post-buff damage buff into two seconds of precise skill/attack usage IMO.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 08-28-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I'll try my best

1. I think all are consistent now, sorry can't give you exact figures yet. If it helps, that thread with all the skill ranks and damages might be correct if things haven't changed.

2. Not a big fan of it either, but for heavy mobs I can see it's use. 5 ticks of 20 damage is 100 damage already, 200 if you pot up. So it can get quite good too. Depending on build I guess.

3. Not a big fan at all. I'd rather use a mana stim than waste skill points here. 2 seconds for more damage? It's almost impossible to time the post-buff damage buff into two seconds of precise skill/attack usage IMO.
    Thanks Elly

I don't think Horsethe's skill damages are relevant anymore after the update. The damage descriptions used to be influenced by weapons etc, and now they are fixed if I'm not mistaken? I checked anyways and he didn't post the damage for Singularity I was doing 30-40 damage with both skills, so I would think that Graviton Slam maxed would be more effective than Singularity. I will probably remove Nebula and Kinetic Reservoir soon. I guess you're right, 3 points is too much for some mana regen.

What do you think of my new build? I'm not sure how well it would work.

1 Neutron Stomp
    6 Singularity
    6 Graviton Slam
    6 Increase Mass
    5 Gravity Well

What does that Rage skill do? I haven't unlocked it yet. And is one point in Force Hammer worth it? I'm aiming for a more attack focused Commando, with mostly AoE attacks so I don't know how useful a single-target skill would be, aside from pulling aggro.
    Last edited by Formora; 08-28-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

and what about for bear

thejokerlol level 71 bear l guild eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

You might want 1 point in force hammer. For the taunt. Remember, you are a tank. You gotta keep the big bullies away from your squishy buddies. I have 2 points in kinetic resevior and im levle 20 I think its worth it. I rarely have to use a mana potion! I hate buying stims because they always put me out of credits. I can Pm you my build later today if you want. And I can PM you what build I WANT to have at level 25...if you want...just say so and Ill Pm
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sure, pm away

Like I said though, I don't really want to tank. Kinetic Reservoir would probably be good at level 5/6, but that's too many points. Right now it just doesn't heal enough for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

When you get it nailed you can help me with my Commando. I'll be levelling that one next..

Great runs today. WOOL! lol
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    When you get it nailed you can help me with my Commando. I'll be levelling that one next..

Great runs today. WOOL! lol
    Haha, spread the wool!

Sure I'll help, I think the build I mentioned above is the one I'm aiming for. Prepare to use powerpacks though, unless you want to sacrifice some damage for Kinetic Reservoir.

Also unsure what Growing Rage does, if it's good then I'll have to change the build.

My commando is at 22 now, I'll start leveling my Operative too once he's 25.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Formora View Post
    Thanks Elly

I don't think Horsethe's skill damages are relevant anymore after the update. The damage descriptions used to be influenced by weapons etc, and now they are fixed if I'm not mistaken? I checked anyways and he didn't post the damage for Singularity I was doing 30-40 damage with both skills, so I would think that Graviton Slam maxed would be more effective than Singularity. I will probably remove Nebula and Kinetic Reservoir soon. I guess you're right, 3 points is too much for some mana regen.

What do you think of my new build? I'm not sure how well it would work.

1 Neutron Stomp
    6 Singularity
    6 Graviton Slam
    6 Increase Mass
    5 Gravity Well

What does that Rage skill do? I haven't unlocked it yet. And is one point in Force Hammer worth it? I'm aiming for a more attack focused Commando, with mostly AoE attacks so I don't know how useful a single-target skill would be, aside from pulling aggro.
    I have to fully learn the names of the skills, I only remember some

Looks similar to my build though!

The Rage skill is crit only I think. 10% crit gain per skill level. Good, in a way, but too slow IMO. Long cool down and crits aren't absolutely necessary to kill mobs. Nice, but not worth it IMO. Well, not yet at least.

I'm looking for more attack based too. The only good armour buff we get is Increase Mass anyway, 6 in that and your pretty much set (awesome skill btw).

I try to get at least 1 in Focus Hammer just for Taunt. I think my build is:

1 Focus Hammer
    6 Singularity
    1 Aoe damage+taunt
    5 Stomp
    6 Increase Mass
    6 Beckon thing

I have to recheck! I forget often. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I guess I may invest a point into force hammer. Why stomp over graviton slam (the aoe+ taunt thingy ) though? I think slam does more damage but I'm not sure.

Anyways, I just hit 25 on my commando Not going to play him for awhile because I'm trying to get my Op/Eng to 25 as well. Using commando was super fun though!

If any of you are leveling alts, feel free to add Elar and Signos (level 12 and 10).

Edit : I added one point in Growing Rage before realizing it had a one minute cooldown. Another reason to respec I guess.
    Last edited by Formora; 08-29-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Formora View Post
    Yeah I guess I may invest a point into force hammer. Why stomp over graviton slam (the aoe+ taunt thingy ) though? I think slam does more damage but I'm not sure.

Anyways, I just hit 25 on my commando Not going to play him for awhile because I'm trying to get my Op/Eng to 25 as well. Using commando was super fun though!

If any of you are leveling alts, feel free to add Elar and Signos (level 12 and 10).

Edit : I added one point in Growing Rage before realizing it had a one minute cooldown. Another reason to respec I guess.
    Stomp thing has a knockdown effect that serves us really well, IMO. I initially thought that Beckon-Stomp was still a combo here, never knew that only cross-class combos existed

I find the slow debuff in that aoe-taunt skill really good too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The knockdown effect is still the same no matter the level, right? Plus graviton has better range.

The only combo I've seen so far is *Ripper*, lol. And I don't even know what Op/Comm skill causes it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    You might want 1 point in force hammer. For the taunt. Remember, you are a tank. You gotta keep the big bullies away from your squishy buddies. I have 2 points in kinetic resevior and im levle 20 I think its worth it. I rarely have to use a mana potion! I hate buying stims because they always put me out of credits. I can Pm you my build later today if you want. And I can PM you what build I WANT to have at level 25...if you want...just say so and Ill Pm
    Can you pm me also? I'm interested in your build.

Thanks
    LEVEL 61 BIRD / LEVEL 35 COMMANDO