Thread: Game Running Very Slow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Game Running Very Slow

I just started playing this game and I really like it, but for some reason it is running very slowly on my phone. I've seen videos of other people playing this game on their android phones and it runs extremely smoothly, but mine is slow and choppy. Does anyone know why this is or how to fix it? I am using a "LG Optimus V Android Phone" if that helps.

Here is an example of how the game should look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpaM9...eature=related

But mine is extremely slow and choppy.
    Last edited by slash23; 08-28-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Mine was terrible after one update...then it got better again...and now it's terrible...seems to only happen after updates.

Freaking Tegra dual core...wtf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman:396160
    Mine was terrible after one update...then it got better again...and now it's terrible...seems to only happen after updates.

Freaking Tegra dual core...wtf
    There are multiple threads on the Tegra 2 issue (one of which was mine). There has been no dev response that I know of as of yet. Maybe it is all the new ability effects that were added, or maybe the Tegra 2 chip is just not what it was made out to be? Hoping something will get worked out.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    There are multiple threads on the Tegra 2 issue (one of which was mine). There has been no dev response that I know of as of yet. Maybe it is all the new ability effects that were added, or maybe the Tegra 2 chip is just not what it was made out to be? Hoping something will get worked out.
    I made one of those threads lol.

I'm willing to bet my phone itself that it's not the Nvidia chip...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

And I made one too:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...urther-testing

It looks to me like we've narrowed it down to devices with the Tegra 2 dual core chip, which I think we've all got in common. If so, a ton of the newer Android phones and tablets have this problem. Hopefully it can and will be addressed, but I have not heard anything yet.

And I'm with Flo in that it started working great for a few days between a couple of updates, then fell off again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Mine is quite consistent. Runs well most everywhere except Numa, or in large fights and seems to be worse when more than one engineer is in the group for some reason. Disabling the sound did help somewhat, but the game is not near as smooth as it was in beta.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050