Thread: Farming higher levels vs lower levels drop rates etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Farming higher levels vs lower levels drop rates etc.

I'm just wandering. Obviously if you are farming higher levels with high priced items your chance of getting that item is going to be a lot lower and especially with a good groups. What is your opinion on grouping and farming lower level areas with mid-range to even lower value like 15k items so that you actually get a drop?

are there any good areas for this or is your best bet just to kepp going with that 1/1000000 chance of getting your sewer pink drops. I have my set just looking for extra gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

You chance at getting a rare drop ia totally random. Whatever item, value of the item, class, how many members are in the party, however many of each class there are, what chants and incantations you do, etc. have absolutely NO effect on what items drop. Like I said, the drop rates are completely random and cannot be manipulated in any way.

However, the *level* of the items that drop can in fact be manipulated based on the levels of the persons in the party, although the item itself still cannot be manipulated.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

certain bosses do have higher pink drop rates. that's a fact. go to sewers never get one. go to plasma pyramids get a ton of cheap worthless ones. and also luck elixers although i've seen the write-ups that they don't make that big of a difference I don't agree despite seeing the math as I got 6 300k pink drops in less that a week using 4x combo elixer non-stop about 2 hours a day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Yes certain bosses do have higher drop rates. However the chance of you getting one is still totally random regardless of drop rates.

And yes sometimes people have lucky streaks; I once saw 7 pinks drop in an hour in hideout and I got three of them . I haven't gotten a oink since and that was like 3 months ago. All that and none of us were on E.

Again, it's totally random.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

but certain levels do have higher rates right or no? Is there anywhere in the whole game with drop rates of 5% plus that I can make 3-5k a drop plus the gold in the level or is that just a dream. lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

if there was a good way im sure many people would be doing it. until then, farm lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dallasboycows View Post
    but certain levels do have higher rates right or no? Is there anywhere in the whole game with drop rates of 5% plus that I can make 3-5k a drop plus the gold in the level or is that just a dream. lol.
    Just a dream I'm afraid, but yes certain levels do have higher drop rates if by levels you mean campaigns. For example, AO2 has probably the highest drop rates in the game, but you're likely to only get between 1-5k per drop. However, you'll get a lot of rubbish drops that you can liquidate for massive amounts of cash over a little while. If you just want a straight liquidation map, run Crush the Keeper in AO3. run it a few times then clear your inventory of the rubbish drops and you can make a LOT of money that way. I've made like 10k after 6 or 7 runs or so.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    Just a dream I'm afraid, but yes certain levels do have higher drop rates if by levels you mean campaigns. For example, AO2 has probably the highest drop rates in the game, but you're likely to only get between 1-5k per drop. However, you'll get a lot of rubbish drops that you can liquidate for massive amounts of cash over a little while. If you just want a straight liquidation map, run Crush the Keeper in AO3. run it a few times then clear your inventory of the rubbish drops and you can make a LOT of money that way. I've made like 10k after 6 or 7 runs or so.
    thanks. will try that. well i hadn't ran through my frozen nightmares dungeons and decided to start unlocking them last night. Not sure why i never did but anyways. Ended up getting two decent pink drops in 30 minutes. Bout time. lol. Knocked out two birds one stone.