Thread: I know it's probably been said, but....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default I know it's probably been said, but....

I'm a-saying it again.

1. Engineers heal and rez only stretches so far and it's a much smaller distance than in PL. It's helpful if the group stays together.
    2. Heal is different from PL. In PL if you die, I rez you and slap a heal on you and you're good to go. In SL, I rez you, slap a heal on you and it takes time for your health to get back up there. If we're in the middle of a boss fight and we both go down, just respawn with me. Otherwise, chances are I'll run back rez and heal you, the boss goes "BOOP!" and you die again and you're going to have to wait for my rez to cool down again. Or be ready to waste some pots after I rez you.
    3. Not all female chars are Engineers. My Op got yelled at twice yesterday for not rezzing someone. The first person was quickly convinced that I really wasn't an Engi. The second one...his reasoning was that he could hear someone casting Heal, I was the only female in the group, ergo I was the Engi. My thanks to the other two gentlemen for their assistance in convincing him. Finally. In retrospect, you probably shouldn't have called him a "moron" and an "idiot" respectively, but I appreciate the spirit in which you intended it. ;-)
    4. Engis don't get heal (Empathy) until level 4 and Revive until level 6. Yelling "Heal!!!" or "Rez!!!" at a level 3 Engi? Not helpful or useful. Use pots or walk as the case may be.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I would like to add that it is extremely frustrating when people in a game run full boar into mobs. Patience is a virtue. Take your time. Especially when back tracking to earlier points in a map. More often than not they do this for a reason. And new mobs will appear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Rez! Heal! It's your fault I suck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    Rez! Heal! It's your fault I suck!
    Lol, Panda! My first main in PL was a mage and starting an Engineer in SL feels exactly. the. same. Mages and Engineers: Pushing heavy boulders up very steep inclines since...whenever. Ooh! I need an Engineer named Sisyphus (if it isn't already taken).
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm