Thread: Tapping to move and joystick problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Tapping to move and joystick problem

Whenever i join one of the group in BS game, i seem to be moving slowly when i am using the joystick...Strangely, if i use tap to move, i tends move faster than the joystick, which is a bit annoying. I used to prefer joystick because i hate misclicking text box lol.
    I use tap to move a lot today but it is resulting a lot of death... It would be nice for you devs to fix this, making the game smoother.
    I have 2,054 deaths and 40,294 kills, which is terrible for avian archer at lvl 56 lol
    Last edited by Snipehard; 08-30-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm quite sure that the move speed using the joystick and tap-to-move is equal.

Maybe it's just your perception that it moves quicker?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. I'm quite sure that the move speed using the joystick and tap-to-move is equal.

Maybe it's just your perception that it moves quicker?
    Yeah i mean the moving speed thing, but what im trying to say is that, when im using the joystick, moving along with the rest of the team, one of them (team-mate) move faster than me even though they don't have elixir effects or anything like that.

Yeah, i prefer running really quick but the problem is that the joystick and tap to move are not equal, which they should be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snipehard View Post
    Yeah i mean the moving speed thing, but what im trying to say is that, when im using the joystick, moving along with the rest of the team, one of them (team-mate) move faster than me even though they don't have elixir effects or anything like that.

Yeah, i prefer running really quick but the problem is that the joystick and tap to move are not equal, which they should be =/
    I'm not sure how that's possible.. Maybe try and actually pointing the joystick full at one direction? I know my finger tends to sway side to side a bit, it may influence your move speed perception.

If not, maybe your teammate was on a speed elixir?

I've also experienced that my teammate is actually ahead of me, but because I lag, it gives the impression that they are behind me then suddenly ahead of me.

I want to assure you though, that move speed using the joystick or tap-to-move is exactly the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I'm not sure how that's possible.. Maybe try and actually pointing the joystick full at one direction? I know my finger tends to sway side to side a bit, it may influence your move speed perception.

If not, maybe your teammate was on a speed elixir?

I've also experienced that my teammate is actually ahead of me, but because I lag, it gives the impression that they are behind me then suddenly ahead of me.

I want to assure you though, that move speed using the joystick or tap-to-move is exactly the same
    Ah, that's good to hear then

Well, i didn't have the lag thing like that, everything was perfectly normal runs, the next minute the rest of the team running ahead of me (without elixir), but yeah i agree with you, this happens often when i lag a bit.

So i converted my pure Dex into a Warbird, to increase survivability with a average ping of 300-450

Maybe this move speed thing changes depending on your ping, but i hate dying a lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snipehard View Post
    Ah, that's good to hear then

Well, i didn't have the lag thing like that, everything was perfectly normal runs, the next minute the rest of the team running ahead of me (without elixir), but yeah i agree with you, this happens often when i lag a bit.

So i converted my pure Dex into a Warbird, to increase survivability with a average ping of 300-450

Maybe this move speed thing changes depending on your ping, but i hate dying a lot
    Yeah, I think ping definitely affects how we see move speed.

It's more apparent in PvP, when an opponent seems to be out of range then suddenly is in range almost instantly.

I have the same ping too, 300-450. I get 250 at times, when it's good Hopefully you'll get used to it soon, but I wouldn't attribute dying often to lag too much. You'll improve