Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Housing 2.0 Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

^^^ YES!! Thank you for that g.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    There was a large amount of feedback about the lack of usefulness of housing with regards to power in game. Any time there is power involved things get controversial. We are trying to find the right balance with regards to the vanity, power, and upkeep aspects of housing.
    I didn't really see that thread, because for some reason you decided to put it in the obscure feedback section. But opposition in the previous thread(s) were bigger than the support. Obviously you ignored that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Here are my thoughts on this:

I would first gather feedback before releasing this. If that is not an option, then I would lessen the gap between the housing tiers. Some people like a specific look of a house and stats shouldn't be the deciding choice in that. So, having much smaller gaps is the way to go if y'all are insisting on adding power based features to houses.

All I ask if developers can make this decision quickly. The last thing I want to do is spend over 1K plat on a tavern plus the necessary environments only to have it nerfed in the future.

Thank you for all that you do!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I feel like your forcing us to use the housing system for these buffs..the housing and gameplay( pve_ pvp) should have stayed separate entities.. I like to kill monsters not throw "house" parties and worry about upkeep payments. From my understanding the housing was always going to stay "optional" meaning that it wasn't ever going to give players with housing an advantage over those that didn't..
    Last edited by Justg; 07-13-2016 at 09:53 PM. Reason: less drama

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagleye For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

yes this seems like a offlandish idea, its a bit extreme to allow such a difference in stats to those who can afford it.. its rather silly and i think it completely removes any fairness in the game. As it stands i spend a fair amount of my salary on this game every month, buying plat and trying to compete. Now i feel like I must be FORCED to spend 1k plat on something i "optionally" chose to not invest in before. guys im no millionaire or rich kid, I think this is getting a lil ridiculous. i work hard in real life, that im paying so much for this game and now you come up with this kind of idea -.- Please think about the ramifications of your actions.
    Last edited by Justg; 07-13-2016 at 06:34 PM. Reason: less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Um, I still cannot sit in my chair WHILE enjoying a nice cold Modelo !!!

Any Dev feel like addressing this as this is the 4th time I am writing about not being able to sit my butt down in my chair and sip my beer from my magical mug!! It would be so nice to do those at the same time.

While you're at it, can I get a House Man to rub my tired feet at the same time I am sitting and drinking from my magical mug?!

Thank-you devs, for the multiple privacy options for our houses. Nobody wants to be caught red-handed while lying in bed with somebody else or enjoying a private frolick in their new hottub xD

I want to know more about this undersea environment as about 2 years ago my daughter thought such an addition to AL would be extremely fun and imaginative!

Thanks,
    Msleo
    Last edited by leoakre; 07-13-2016 at 05:39 PM.

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #87
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

We definitely expect a mix of emotions and opinions in regards to systems and ideas like these, and we encourage more feedback when players have a chance to play with the new housing environments and other features. The reality is that there is always going to be two sides to everything and it is not possible to make everyone happy. In this thread alone we see players in favor, we see players indifferent, and we see players vehemently upset or begrudged. All of these are perfectly legitamate responses, and all of them are right.

We hope you enjoy it when it goes live tomorrow, and we'll be watching the forums for feedback!
    Last edited by Carapace; 07-13-2016 at 06:01 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

So far so good.. The slot for weapons is my favorite thing on ALL housing features, i believe it ll give another life for oldstyle weapons and i hope we can get the same with clothes.
    I would like to see the tickets tradeable even if they arent plat expensive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I agree. This housing idea was originally presented as being optional. Now they are making it necessary, especially for twinks where +200 health is a huge deal.
    If I'm not mistaken, everyone that has thanked you is massively wealthy, top geared for their class... Why isn't it fair for someone to buy a buff that helps put them on par with you... It is a helluva lot easier to make money in REAL LIFE than it is to make gold in AL.
    I see your position as defensive of old money entitlement. RIP the guy that wants to start playing today and get pvp worthy equipment in any reasonable amount of time. The idea is not that you HAVE to pay to win... but that if you are willing, you can pay to catch up to old school platfarmers and merchants who have been robbing people for years and have 8 seasons of Hoard n Sell cycles under their belts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I agree! This should bring some life into Collectables! At least help make newer characters aware of what collectables are vs junk that gets peddled in the streets...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We definitely expect a mix of emotions and opinions in regards to systems and ideas like these, and we encourage more feedback when players have a chance to play with the new housing environments and other features. The reality is that there is always going to be two sides to everything and it is not possible to make everyone happy. In this thread alone we see players in favor, we see players indifferent, and we see players vehemently upset or begrudged. All of these are perfectly legitamate responses, and all of them are right.

We hope you enjoy it when it goes live tomorrow, and we'll be watching the forums for feedback!
    Can you show us which feedback posts exactly was the "houses with benefits" feature based on?

Thank you.

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #92
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    Can you show us which feedback posts exactly was the "houses with benefits" feature based on?

Thank you.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...using-Feedback

The generalization is that we responded to the notion that "housing serves no purpose for most players", and we have added the Mail System in addition to the environments to address some of those concerns to get more people invested. We also have reduced the upkeep costs to allow lower tier housing to be handled almost entirely for free.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Perhaps the bonus should be scaled to level. At level 56, the extra 200 hp and +2 damage (really +10 once multiplied), is not so great that it will break the game. But at level 10, that is a 15% increase in hp for my Mage, which is a big deal.

Even if I was to have a house (which I'm not sure that I even want), I don't want to have to have one for each of my characters. I understand that sharing the pet stable presented issues between characters in that the pets would be at the wrong levels. However, sharing a house between characters surely would make more sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

While I love the new updates and all, I just don't think these buffs should be applied in PvP. It'll be a free massacre in there. New players with no buffs won't stand a chance. Just my honest opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

On the way to going full pay to win I see. Well, gl with that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Any time there is power involved things get controversial. We are trying to find the right balance with regards to the vanity, power, and upkeep aspects of housing.
    Agreed however this is a lesson that should have been obvious from pl,
    namely, stats for plat is viewed by many as unfair.
    Remember the constant complaint threads about the stats from founders helms and how a large section of players resnted that they could not achieve comparable stats?

How about black dragon sets? Once those were dc we saw like two years of complaint threads.
    Granted this isn't dc, but for a worldwide game filled with people not old enough to qualify as adults, how do they compete fairly? If I understand right this isn't just a one time buy and you get stats, but it's rent for stats? No.

A better option is to have exclusive statless vanities as house rewards.

When it comes to this being a game - fair play rules. Cater to egos with vanities, they will pay. Don't ask kids to pay to have an even playing field.

-edited by JustG- reason less drama. ( I beat you to it G ;] )

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...using-Feedback

The generalization is that we responded to the notion that "housing serves no purpose for most players", and we have added the Mail System in addition to the environments to address some of those concerns to get more people invested. We also have reduced the upkeep costs to allow lower tier housing to be handled almost entirely for free.
    I see maybe one post there, which specifically calls for tangible benefits. If that's your "feedback", alright then. Like I said, you obviously decided to ignore the previous thread, where this suggestion was opposed by a ton of people. I'm sorry, if I'm too blunt, but these are the facts.

Regards.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Wow, this thread has gotten pretty heated. But I dont get all the opposition.
    What is the difference if I spend 300 plat a month on opening crates or buying luck elixers to sell for gold so I can buy all the best equipment and pets vs spending plat on a house for better stats????

Doesnt that give me an edge over freetoplay players? So why should anything be sold for plat since that gives paying players an advantage in every aspect. The truth is if you spend real world money on plat you do have an advantage over non-plat players, wether it is for a house that gives a buff or to make 6mil gold to buy that new arcane weapon only a few others have.

Am I the only one that sees that plat players or rich players will always have an advantage no matter what the system is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

This is the kind of update that will indefinitely guide people to take a perma leave.
    Your Literally making the players who could give a flying funk about housing have no choice but to get them if they wanna compete and that's quite a shame. Gimmicks like these make people like me question where this companies integrity has gone and if they even care about us the gamers, or at this point if its all about 1 thing and 1 thing only$£€¥ ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

@ thekragle
    the difference I see is that we won't be selling houses in ah which makes the difference in it being available to all in the same way that crate gear is obtainable by a farmer who doesn't have plat.
    Did I miss where this is available to free players realistically?