Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pets..............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

two rough quotes from memory, taken within 2 days from now.

"pets take up too much space, look how crowded it is around me right now" -ALS

"We're currenting developing: pets, housing, [one other thing]" -ALS

I r confuzzled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustHelping View Post
    I have an idea how about we use our bets as slaves we can have pets that give us very little boost on things dont really matter but the most important they can carry items for us. And also in the towns the pets go away but the way that u would see other peoples pets is by clicking on them and next to your avatar would be ur bet slave.
    I think this would b a good idea.. you would see the pet in the dungeons only and in the avatar when you click on people, but no pets in town.. that way it wont be so crowded.. but as for now i think there are more important things to develop than pets on the game.. like more dungeons, more unique weapons or stuff like that..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

i want a falcon cause im a bird so falcon power = falcon puch as pne of the attacks lol

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

EaSt, TeXaS> Out In Sticks ,Huntin For Some Deer,Hog,Fish,A New Gun,Drinkin Beer And Wasting Bullets
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Since Pocket Legends IS in good ol Texas wher im at born an raised n East Texas i want a Texas Longhorn with a real long horns or better yet a Texas Jackalope or a Texas Roadrunner man there is so many animals that are in Texas the list jus goes on an on everything is bigger in TEXAS

Only in Texas born an bred in Texas i giv to you our greatest treasure ......an i could see my self having one as a pet in PL since i got a cowboy hat an a hooch hat yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw

Darkchylde<>WarriorNinerlife<>ArcherRhowen<>Witch ME...IN A GUILD?!?...HELL, NAH!!!!! !!!!!HOOK EM HORNS
    AwAy WE GO //WhIsKeY bUrNs Me uP,wInE tUrNs AlL My tEeTh Red,TeQuIlLa mAkEs Me LoCo,ChAmPgNe HuRtS mY hEaD....Im JuS a COLD BEER DRANKER CHECK OUT MY POP TOP FANGER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I want Tinkerbell by my side
    Chantylily - Mage, Chanterella - Archer, Chantankie - Bear
    Chantylily - Vampy & Sorcerer, Chant - Engineer, Chanty - Operative, Chantanky - Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    I laughed so much at buying a squirrel and pokemon! ANyone play adventure quest? the pets in those were ok. I would HATE to have to feed your pet. It will lead to picking up there poop and walking them and playing with them. Next thing you know you have another pet! Except you can't pet or enjoy them! I don't wanna go through "Nintendogs" again. LOL!
    im not picking up its poop ill just leave it in forest haven lol

first thing someone sees when they first play is a fresh steaming hot pile of poop

muh ha ha ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

i want a fish in a bowl that jumps out and viciously atks people and when it starts to suffer i puke on it to give it moisture

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elfche View Post
    how about we get an auction house first eh?
    We already have an auction house, it's called the CS :P
    And back on topic....
    Pets sounds like a cool idea but I don't think they would be probable. Imagine walking into the crowded CS and lagging due to people and their pets messing around.
    If they're something that only you could see, as: 1. Only being able to see your own pet, 2. Only being able to interact with your pet, 3. Have your pet only give you boosts, no party boosts.
    Just my 2 cents :P
    Peterlawl: LVL 35 Pure Int Mage (Nuke)
    Ebajevax: LVL 25 Twink / WizTwink: LVL 10? Echantress Twink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want hunter class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dont copy wow please.... PL is PL, WOW is WOW, PL should have his own style///

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by japanboy View Post
    dont copy wow please.... PL is PL, WOW is WOW, PL should have his own style///

You are very funny.Dont copy wow? wow is just a clone of some other MMO that went horribly right every mmo takes something from another mmo to make it self better.Wow didnt make pets some other game made pets long ago and that was copyed over nd over most likely
    D=

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'd like pets such as:
    giant rats :P
    tigers and lions
    foxs
    giant spiders
    dragons
    lizards
    stuff like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!

First of all pets would be super in this game!! I love the idea! And Im sure you´ll come up with a working concept on this thing!

First of all in my opinion there are maybe a bit too many active skills on PL, especially now with the GCD. So basically you have skills in reserve all the time to be used at least in higher level. So the pets could be like an passive booster to your characters stats or skills.

Here are something I thougth that´d be cool with the pets:

I´d love the pets to be some sort of animal characters too. But only smaller in real life than bears and birds (Okay elves too but.. they dont excist . Something like you could have a "Tanker pet Armadillo" and a "Speed up pet Humming Bird" and a "Damage up pet Raccoon" and possibly a "Weaken pet Snake" or something..
    Im not entirely sure, should the pets give stats like str, int or dex... But they could work like elixirs that would be on passively allways, allthougth they couldnt give out such a big impact as elixirs. For example your pet could help you tanking, or your pet could make your character walk faster in maps. You could buy a pet from the Plat store and after you had it for a while and done like 500 kills with it you could go to the Plat store and buy an "evolve/level up" for the pet. Then the current bonus on that pet would increase. Or possibly you could maybe impliment other bonus on it. Lets say, you bougth an armadillo that gives you tanking abilities and when you level up him you could choose wheather to add up the tanking ability or add an other ability such as faster movement. And ofcourse the pets couldnt level up too many lvl´s. If you think about this, you could have even a farming pet that would give you little luck during farming

On the other hand, if you´d want to do the pet thing in a totally different way, you could make them give active skills from other classes.
    For example Mages could buy a pet Bat that would give them a ability to Shatter Scream. Or Bears could buy a pet Owl that would give them the ability to cast Magic Shield etc

Just some ideas, dont take this too serious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I want a giant scorpion! That shoots poison spikes from its tail.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    I want a giant scorpion! That shoots poison spikes from its tail.
    If this is the case then I want a giant Michael Jackson! That moonwalks the heck out of mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

honestly, this idea of a "pet" (even though we are already animals XD) is a wonderful idea. It will give use more to concentrate on besides our character. But it will be quite irritating to see everyone having an animal right behind them.
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mennddoza View Post
    honestly, this idea of a "pet" (even though we are already animals XD) is a wonderful idea. It will give use more to concentrate on besides our character. But it will be quite irritating to see everyone having an animal right behind them.
    I totally agree on the wonderfulness of this idea!
    But will everyone be running around with a pet? I mean, if the pet costs some plat I bet not everyone is willing to buy one. For example is everyone at the moment using a ring? Yes, we are unable to see wheather they have purchased one or not but I highly doubt that every one have used plat on rings.
    Or if the pets are something that you can loot like pink items and theyd be relatively rare then not everybody would be having one ? And besides whats wrong with some cute extra action on your screen ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PvP View Post
    I want pets to be intricately designed and very hard to level up. This will give us something to do. I want there to be such a variety of options and customization that nearly everyone has a different pet and they all help in different ways in different situation. Who doesn't want that? As far as the pet itself, there's lots of options for this too. I've seen this in different MMOs and it would work well here too..Have certain monsters that are "catchable" and these can be mobs, or a completely different set of monsters. I realize this isn't pokemon, but this would give us a chance to catch a monster instead of walking into a pet store and buying a squirrel. Something I wouldn't like is feeding your pet. That is extremely annoying, I don't really know why but I wouldn't want to have some type of up-keep just for my pet. I'm trying to think what kind of animals could be a "pet" for an animal. Bugs? Sheesh I don't know. I'm looking forward to the update though!
    Doubt this will ever happen, we don't even have any character customization.
    Brotherhood / 兄弟盟 - A guild for 1337 players

Yosharu 56 Bear, Yoshura 56 Bird, Aeryol 56 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    What pets would you guys like in the future? I think we should have a hippo or a rhino for str, an owl or a parrot for int, and an antelope or a fox for dex. You should be able to click on a button (like the attack button) and you should have to wait for it to reload until you can use it again. Your pets should come in different colors or patterns (like how armor is) for each level and it should come with different stats (of course). It would also be nice for your pet to have some special ability like revive you every 5 deaths or after you die be able to attack the target until you can respawn at entrance and run back every once and a while. Pets should be tradable IMO but I don't think they should be drops, maybe give everyone a level one pet and the pet can level to a level cap like your character. IDK I just felt like brainstorming about this. So whats you guys ideas for pets and how they should be set up? Thanks!
    Be awesome to have my own mysticaldream pet
    D=

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Interim7 View Post
    Pets? I've thought that since there are already animals as the player characters, pets would have to be less normal. Like, small, gelatinous spheres with endearing eyes that bounce along behind you... or luminescent butterflies that vomit lasers out of their mouths on demand.

Personally, I think foxes and other animals should be saved for future classes, supposing there'll be any.
    LOL that is my EXACT idea of the perfect pet!!! A small blob of awesomeness!!! And the butterflies.....sweet. But what would be cool is if they were combined! A small gelatinous sphere that vomites lasers on demand....sick.
    But if there were pets, they should be waaay harder to level up then characters.
    What would be cool would be if you could "summon" a creature like a Wind Demon and as you level them up, you can train them into different type of creature. Like the worst could be a Rock dude person thing. The best could be like a Dark Spirit or a Light of Hope or something...That would be sweet.
    But what would be bad is if you put in both...
    But they both sound cool to me!
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177