Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Wildfire proc is broken in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default Wildfire proc is broken in PvP

Could you devs take a look at the proc in PvP? It seems to do an utterly rediculous amount of damage which increases when the amount of targets increase. Most of the damage done seems to be random damage coming from nowhere. Do not overlook this. It has been tested. The damage of the proc needs to be reduced in PvP.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Breakingbadxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

ikr its kinda dumb that a level 52 mythic is alot better than a new level 56 Arcane weapon...
    the proc does insane damage!
    it really needs to be fixed, atleast a 50% damage dealing decrease from its proc,or make the proc target the max of one player!

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Hey guys,

I found a case where Wildfire was actually ignoring player armor. I agree this should not be the case, this is going to be fixed. This is most likely the reason for seeing higher than expected damage from the proc.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey guys,

I found a case where Wildfire was actually ignoring player armor. I agree this should not be the case, this is going to be fixed. This is most likely the reason for seeing higher than expected damage from the proc.
    Thankfully, I dun PVP... wait I dun PVE much either...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes the damage on that staff is insanely op. I know people like this weapon alot in PVE, but it also affects PVP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Hey guys,

Will this mean the proc will be less better in pve? Or only pvp?
    Don't change in in pve
    Its the reason why mages are being good in elite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hpnvx View Post
    Yes the damage on that staff is insanely op. I know people like this weapon alot in PVE, but it also affects PVP.
    Well, if it's fixed for PVP only then i think the majority of us mages will be fine with it. Let's just hope it's doesn't affect us PVE only mages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Hey guys,

Vroom , can i ask two questions?

1) will it affect pve? ( Please dont ._. )
    2) can you look into the proc rate in pvp? Its insanely low in compared to pve ( while testing , i killed my friend with auto attack before i could get it to proc )

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Please dont touch PvE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Vroom , can i ask two questions?

1) will it affect pve? ( Please dont ._. )
    2) can you look into the proc rate in pvp? Its insanely low in compared to pve ( while testing , i killed my friend with auto attack before i could get it to proc )
    Lol, it is not low in PvP. It proc's like 3-4 times a clash and will wipe an entire team whenever it procs.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Unfortunately this will affect PvE as well. As you know there are 2 portions of the Wildfire proc, the initial fire and then the potential spreading of the fire. It was only the spreading of the fire that was incorrectly ignoring armor, but the armor was being ignored on both players and monsters. The damage dealt after the update will be more in line with the initial fire.

The proc rate has no difference between PvE and PvP. The reason you feel the proc happens less in PvP is because you're hitting fewer enemies at a time .
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Unfortunately this will affect PvE as well. As you know there are 2 portions of the Wildfire proc, the initial fire and then the potential spreading of the fire. It was only the spreading of the fire that was incorrectly ignoring armor, but the armor was being ignored on both players and monsters. The damage dealt after the update will be more in line with the initial fire.

The proc rate has no difference between PvE and PvP. The reason you feel the proc happens less in PvP is because you're hitting fewer enemies at a time .
    Can records that were also used with wildfire staff be removed then? It really wiped mobs clean, so it will be pretty difficult to achieve similar times without that glitched proc.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Another part of pve killed because of pvp gg guys

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Can records that were also used with wildfire staff be removed then? It really wiped mobs clean, so it will be pretty difficult to achieve similar times without that glitched proc.
    Everyone had a fair chance at recs. We all, especially you, knew wildfire was a good proc and was useful in pve. Nobody got an unfair advantage. No need to wipe countless hours of hard work. I'd personally like dummy farmers removed from leader boards but I digress.

Sent from my Mercedes Benz WiFi using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Thanks vroom
    For taking out the best staff for mage
    pvp keep ruining the game
    First slink, and now staff
    Ugh..

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

I have seen players often mention one game mode ruining another. An important thing to know is that when needed we make specific alterations to weapons for PvE vs PvP. For example, the length of time that weapons may freeze/stun enemies, or the chance for something to stun. When these alterations are not put in place, it's because the weapons are intended to function the same way in both PvP and PvE.

This is not a case of the Wildfire proc being too strong in PvP so it's being nerfed in PvE. This is a case of the Wildfire proc not working as intended, causing it to deal more damage than anticipated. The Wildfire proc was not meant to ignore the armor of the enemy in any game mode.
    | | | |

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    First of all, ty for the nerf or adjusment months after the release. Than the lb issue, i remember imbued gear for rogue being bugged, many records set with that no wipe of lb either so why now? This is just making the way to my timed lb way longer than expected, i guess it was made for rogues mainly anyway.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diimitrii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I have seen players often mention one game mode ruining another. An important thing to know is that when needed we make specific alterations to weapons for PvE vs PvP. For example, the length of time that weapons may freeze/stun enemies, or the chance for something to stun. When these alterations are not put in place, it's because the weapons are intended to function the same way in both PvP and PvE.

This is not a case of the Wildfire proc being too strong in PvP so it's being nerfed in PvE. This is a case of the Wildfire proc not working as intended, causing it to deal more damage than anticipated. The Wildfire proc was not meant to ignore the armor of the enemy in any game mode.
    You are saying flame staff is too strong in PVP and you do something about it. Whatsup with the 46 arcane sword than? Make us squeezier than we are already, soon we are on the same level that our pets are atm (i'm talking about mages ^.^)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diimitrii View Post
    You are saying flame staff is too strong in PVP and you do something about it. Whatsup with the 46 arcane sword than? Make us squeezier than we are already, soon we are on the same level that our pets are atm (i'm talking about mages ^.^)

Pets are stronger they can't die! But i agreed with you. Many complain about damage and stun of sword and nothing have been done about it. When there is few posts coming about staff it gets nerf few days later. Not that i use both of em but this is just joke what sts doing right here at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    Pets are stronger they can't die! But i agreed with you. Many complain about damage and stun of sword and nothing have been done about it. When there is few posts coming about staff it gets nerf few days later. Not that i use both of em but this is just joke what sts doing right here at the moment.
    Seriously, as a mage I feel like a second class citizen in this game. We finally get a weapon that make us viable for PVE and they have to take it away from us. Back to warriors with lvl 46 arcane sword out dpsing a mage. It seems like an endless death spiral for us mages...