Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Next Guardian of Alterra / Star Guard be chosen from Support.Spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

*SIGH* gone are the days when players helped fellow players without agenda's... Many moons ago several players did just that and became legends in their own right known as the GoA... I really wish GoA & Star Guard was vote based from current GoA and SG candidates. I really hope this whole thing doesn't become a who helped at the support portal tally game. If anything maybe allowing avatar awards or forums titles for being helpful but GoA and SG should mean a whole new level of prestige.

P.S. And oh btw I would really like to see you GoA's more often in SL to assist with putting out the inferno there. I try to do what a can but for the most part player's just shrug me off (I could use some backup).
    Last edited by Orcish; 08-31-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

I try Orc. I got my ToS Quick Chats in today...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I bet you had the same feeling as I did, kinda reminds me of that show 1 vs.100
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post
    *SIGH* gone are the days when players helped fellow players without agenda's... Many moons ago several players did just that and became legends in their own right known as the GoA... I really wish GoA & Star Guard was vote based from current GoA and SG candidates. I really hope this whole thing doesn't become a who helped at the support portal tally game. If anything maybe allowing avatar awards or forums titles for being helpful but GoA and SG should mean a whole new level of prestige.

P.S. And oh btw I would really like to see you GoA's more often in SL to assist with putting out the inferno there. I try to do what a can but for the most part player's just shrug me off (I could use some backup).
    With no vanity, I don't think people would believe us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Now I have a question, I am helpful in the game but I don't post alot on the forums, so does how u are in the game also come into a role of being a Guardian?
    Nickyeagle- Lvl 70 Archer
    Proud and loyal Recruit of Chicken's Invasion (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

DEVS, ill will try my hardest I will show my worth to everyone ....I wont let you down....even if i'm not chosen I will keep doing what im doing, I want everyone to enjoy both great games.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yeah Ghost and I are trying are best to help out so we can become star guards. I help on a daily basis and stay pretty active on both support and forums.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Lol. I wish the devs would not have told people that they would receive GoA status if they helped on the support site...Then people will help like crazy get GoA status and then stop helping...Idk maybe im wrong and i wont be like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    No offence but why do people want the GoA status? its just a shield and a status after all. U can still help others in game and on the forums and keep the game *clean* without the title. I mean the shield is just a shield after all and what is the difference between having a title and not having a title if ur still helping out the community.
    And no before anybody says, this is not me sucking up to the devs to pick me because i know there a lots more people who deserve the title much more than me.
    Exactly... this, IMHO, sums up exactly what i think its all about. There are tons of people in game helping out others, no shield is required. If you enjoy helping then do it, if you don't then don't bother for the shield, as STS will know and its just a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post
    A very very good point Orcish. I've not been on SL since the new PL content. I'll make SL part of my gaming session again. Still a noob on SL but loving my lvl25 Full Support Engie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickyeagle View Post
    Now I have a question, I am helpful in the game but I don't post alot on the forums, so does how u are in the game also come into a role of being a Guardian?
    Hey Nickyeagle. Firstly, cheers for helping out others, it's what makes the community what it is. STS looks at everything, both in-game and out. GoA's haven't been selected for being visible in one single part of the game/community or for doing one thing well. I'm thinking they get selected for doing everything they do in the manner they do. When asked I generally tell people its not what you do but how you do it. Just carry on enjoying the game and having fun in the community. Hope to see you in game.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

If I ever get GoA status (which I doubt, I'm not well-known enough) I think I would just decline the honor.. It's becoming too big of a deal and too many people are doing this for the Vanity/Power, not to be genuinely helpful. Most of the current GoA's were helpful and friendly long before guardians were developed. I look at a few GoA's, and wannabe GoA's now and see some of them aren't even really playing anymore, don't help more than anyone else does, sometimes even bash STS games for lack of this, or too much that... It's feeling like a popularity contest and it's discouraging to the people that enjoy helping others just for the simple fact they wished they had that same help when they were starting out.

I can tell you right now I've logged 100's maybe 1000's of hours on Pl, Sl, and forums, and I should be filthy rich but I'm broke as a joke from helping people buy gear, stims, pots, elixirs, etc, and I have 4000(!) deaths over 40k kills due to tirelessly running newbies thru dungeons and teaching them about their class and how to combo and tank etc.. and never once did it for the shield. I plan to keep it that way too. Mark my words, never ever hand me that shield, devs, I'd rather be known for doing it out of the goodness of my heart.

Current GoA's, keep up the good work, alot of you did this with no reward planned. It's like our guild in SL, it was easy to elect the first 10 officers, after that its hard to tell who's doing it for the rank, or because they want to.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks for the info Redbridge. I hope to meet u in the game too.
    Nickyeagle- Lvl 70 Archer
    Proud and loyal Recruit of Chicken's Invasion (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    If I ever get GoA status (which I doubt, I'm not well-known enough) I think I would just decline the honor.. It's becoming too big of a deal and too many people are doing this for the Vanity/Power, not to be genuinely helpful. Most of the current GoA's were helpful and friendly long before guardians were developed. I look at a few GoA's, and wannabe GoA's now and see some of them aren't even really playing anymore, don't help more than anyone else does, sometimes even bash STS games for lack of this, or too much that... It's feeling like a popularity contest and it's discouraging to the people that enjoy helping others just for the simple fact they wished they had that same help when they were starting out.

I can tell you right now I've logged 100's maybe 1000's of hours on Pl, Sl, and forums, and I should be filthy rich but I'm broke as a joke from helping people buy gear, stims, pots, elixirs, etc, and I have 4000(!) deaths over 40k kills due to tirelessly running newbies thru dungeons and teaching them about their class and how to combo and tank etc.. and never once did it for the shield. I plan to keep it that way too. Mark my words, never ever hand me that shield, devs, I'd rather be known for doing it out of the goodness of my heart.

Current GoA's, keep up the good work, alot of you did this with no reward planned. It's like our guild in SL, it was easy to elect the first 10 officers, after that its hard to tell who's doing it for the rank, or because they want to.
    Thats because your awesome my friend, Eb nice to have meet you in game KOC should be proud to have you.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ebalere, ghost id love to have either one of you guys as a guard. Now id love too have the title also but atm my account on the support site is suspended for reasons i have no clue of. But lets wait and see who gets picked.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think they should hold off for a little bit and see how many people still help and don't just want the title I myself help just to help I mean I like getting help when I need it so I help when I can

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

i expected Guardian of the Stars, but Star Guard works toooo (:
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    Dont like it i think the forums should be used for this i mean 2 sites come on now. i have to visit both forums and that site -_-
    They're just asking for some help, man. If you're bothered by it then I say, don't worry about it.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Cool lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by antonium View Post
    I think they should hold off for a little bit and see how many people still help and don't just want the title I myself help just to help I mean I like getting help when I need it so I help when I can
    Exactly, you should join my free items campaign in my sig!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    Yeah Ghost and I are trying are best to help out so we can become star guards. I help on a daily basis and stay pretty active on both support and forums.
    Come on just help out for no reward

Oh and ive had horrible chances on a game before 0% chance of winning,it was a game of who had most guys, i won with 2 vs 700 so things are possible with horrible chances,id lucked out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Wink thats what we do

Quote Originally Posted by Uzikrabd View Post
    Come on just help out for no reward

Oh and ive had horrible chances on a game before 0% chance of winning,it was a game of who had most guys, i won with 2 vs 700 so things are possible with horrible chances,id lucked out
    like i have stated in other forums, we do just that help for no reward. we do the best with what we know just find ghost or zero....we will help ya with your questions.