Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Design Blog] On Balance - Adjusting items not working as intended

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ty for aim nerf sts !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    I'd like a refund on my rogue gear OR said gear transferred to tank/mage (e.g. arcane daggers transferred to a mage in the form of an arcane staff).

Thank you.
    same i want one of those too with a cherry on top for the trouble pets also please i want all my arcanes. And they cant admit this destroys the rogue i dont get it are we playing blind deaf and mute?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    SP is hitting harder than Aimed Shot...
    Perhaps SP is not being calculated correctly! I think it should be reduced in damage too!
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    SP is hitting harder than Aimed Shot...

Nerf nerf ...
    Last edited by Shaker Ida; 07-14-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Officer of Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Perhaps, just perhaps, let's simply buff packs and veil so that rogues can adjust to being the new support class...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Nerf what u want but put pots and ankhs in pvp XD

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Officer of Enigmatic

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #67
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Hey all.

Speaking with Carapace about the performance of Rogues and Aimed Shot, this is the path we're taking. All analysis is going on right now, I gathered stats from high end Rogues in game to use as examples. The previous combination that resulted in really spiky damage for Aimed Shot will be adjusted so that the High and Low aren't so drastically far apart. All other combinations of Aimed Shot will be buffed to be in line with this combination so there won't be the disparity.

I'll be more transparent about this after the analysis is complete and will show the stats gathered for players as well as how damage would be affected (without any player names).

Thanks for the feedback and considerations everyone!
    -STSVroom
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I don't realize how you can be ignoring the feedback... even warriors disagreeing. I want the mil I spent on my now useless rogue back please. I feel like you guys believe that by "adjusting" stuff, its being fixed. It's just creating more problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

about rogues, is not the same as the flame staff to the mage?

Rogues do not have defensive skills to survive near enemies. Hits with a dagger at an enemy that kills you with one hit is suicide. Even though I have 5k health and 1800 of armor.We do not have the skill to paralyze or freeze. A skill that significantly reduces the damage.

So solution to this? I bought a breeze pet to freeze and arcana dagger to stun.
    I'm strong now? No, it's my dagger and my pet that are keeping me alive.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #70
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CouchPass View Post
    I don't realize how you can be ignoring the feedback... even warriors disagreeing. I want the mil I spent on my now useless rogue back please. I feel like you guys believe that by "adjusting" stuff, its being fixed. It's just creating more problems.
    Read Vroom's post immediately above yours. We're listening. It's not done. Communicate with us in a professional fashion while we work through it together.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    You have seen us before, during, and now afterwards. We're looking at the data, you know our intent. Raging and threatening to quit does not help anything. Engage with us in a professional fashion and we will do the same.
    Alright, in that case, I'm sure we'd all like to know two things - first: what's the timeframe for the rework of the Aimed Shot skill? Second, what is that you plan to change? Is aimed shot the only thing being messed with here? Or is there a possibility of you reworking another skill to makeup for our current lack off damage?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Just heard about this. Oh my God. Rogues are weak, not particularly helpful in crowd control or healing, but we dealt damage. What will we be good for? While we're at it, pierce is hitting as hard as aimed, nerf that. Also the new Arcane Bow when creeping death procs will hit harder than aimed shot when you charge normal and manage to get off a crit hit. Nerf that too. Next season it's just going to be dance parties in sexy outfits with the Arcane weapons hung up on the vanity wall.

GG
    Last edited by Kakashis; 07-14-2016 at 05:06 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #73
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Alright, in that case, I'm sure we'd all like to know two things - first: what's the timeframe for the rework of the Aimed Shot skill? Second, what is that you plan to change? Is aimed shot the only thing being messed with here? Or is there a possibility of you reworking another skill to makeup for our current lack off damage?
    We're actively working on it. Please read the entire thread to get a sense of Vroom and Carapace's thoughts and process.

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey all.

Speaking with Carapace about the performance of Rogues and Aimed Shot, this is the path we're taking. All analysis is going on right now, I gathered stats from high end Rogues in game to use as examples. The previous combination that resulted in really spiky damage for Aimed Shot will be adjusted so that the High and Low aren't so drastically far apart. All other combinations of Aimed Shot will be buffed to be in line with this combination so there won't be the disparity.

I'll be more transparent about this after the analysis is complete and will show the stats gathered for players as well as how damage would be affected (without any player names).

-STSVroom
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Just heard about this. Oh my God. Rogues are weak, not particularly helpful in crowd control or healing, but we dealt damage. What will we be good for? While we're at it, pierce is hitting as hard as aimed, nerf that. Also the new Arcane Bow when creeping death procs will hit harder than aimed shot when you charge normal and manage to get off a crit hit. Nerf that too. Next season it's just going to be dance parties in sexy outfits with the Arcane weapons hung up on the vanity wall.

GG
    It's ok, we do look pretty hot while we're dancing..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shaker Ida View Post
    Nerf what u want but put pots and ankhs in pvp XD

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ihihih with this i would know how to pvp then hehehe
    Ah again they deleted many posts....
    Why to bother with this more,when they will do what they want as always... On this forum getting only this kind of treatment or ignoring... So gl to all
    Last edited by saphirae; 07-14-2016 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Read Vroom's post immediately above yours. We're listening. It's not done. Communicate with us in a professional fashion while we work through it together.
    G, you asked for proffesional fashion approach about the issue from players, But a nerf this big ofc gonna cause frustration anger and rant. Half the game is rogue

the thing i do find a bit provoking is the developers answers; they were saying"on certain set of upgrades of the aim shot " but everyone uses aimshot of 5/5 this is treating the players as newbies and not admitting it will be a global nerf on aimshot skill which is the skill makes the rogue as rogue

and i dont see any response about pvp perspective, a complete gear endgame player's approach is generally pvp and huge community is in it.

If you wanna fix rogue back again to its old dps value without reverting aim, you gonna have to buff other skills so much that it should make the rogue valid class in pvp or pve, otherwise i predict the outcome will be catastrophic in game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Hey all.

-STSVroom
    What exactly constitutes as "high end"? And why is the data being balanced based on a small minority when it affects the whole of rogues so heavily? Also, I believe somewhere it was said that aimed would have a damage cap? Does that mean it will a have damage minimum as well?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Consistency is the big factor here. Right now with Aimed Shot, you're punished by a large margin of damage for not taking a specific set of upgrades, and none of those upgrades says "Deal 2x more damage".

Some examples of the way this could be reworked, once the issue with Aimed Shot has been corrected (these are just things that could be done):
    - All damage of Aimed Shot increases, no matter what upgrades you have, to balance out the old potential Maximum
    - That large spike of maximum damage in Aimed Shot is moved to other abilities so that Rogue's aren't so reliant on only Aimed Shot
    - Rogues become less glass cannon because they don't have the huge spike in damage
    - Mastery for Aimed Shot is adjusted to also allow a damage increase

There's a lot that can be done, but is reliant on the ability being consistent and working as intended

To clarify, we are not saying "Rogues deal too much damage and need to be nerfed". We are saying "Aimed Shot is broken and this is affecting Rogues. We need to correct Aimed Shot and figure out how to adjust Rogues after the fact."
    No Vroom, we're still a glass cannon, just more glass, and less cannon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Hey all.

-STSVroom
    Estimated timeframe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Is this post just about Aimed Shot nerf or items that dont work as intended as well? Because there are a lot of thing that dont work as intended in the game.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Luciano Lobo For This Useful Post: