Thread: A Suggestion Of Sorts ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Default A Suggestion Of Sorts ~

So, as many of you know, it's been announced that there will be premium "settings" for your house in an upcoming update. Which is cool, but these aesthetics will add physical stats to your toon, which there's been a big uproar about since it essentially makes the system >P2P< since these additions and premium houses are bought with plat, unless you're part of the super rich who can afford and housing deed.
    I'd like to suggest that there's quest lines added to the game in relation to these special house locations, I'd like for it to a long elite quest line, as to make sure only the most dedicated get this premium feature for their house, so that both the plat spenders and farmers are appeased at the end of the day.
    A possible quest line for let's say the Tindrin themed setting could be something like "Kill Elite Algaran and Elite Rendtail 100 times each and collect 1 mythic rarity drop that drops from any of the elite Tindrin bosses, use this in conjunction with a legendary recipe that drops from elite Tindrin mobs and craft the items into a Tradeable/Stashable house setting.

Thoughts? Questions? Potatoes?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Potatoes, I vote potatoes.
    I doubt the questing system will solve anything, it might magically produce a market for farmers but for how long? How many people want to spend gold and plat for 2% luck? That number in itself is crazy keeping in mind how much upkeep is.

I think those 100/500/5k AP's were bad enough that we don't want to do that all over again...
    While it will be a source of income for farmers at least for a bit, in reality it's an alternative for anyone that wants premium features in the game for free, as long as you can exert yourself and farm for your goal, or for the lazy, spend dat gold.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

+1 ... I honestly think if enough people read this post and think about how much better it would be if you could go back to brackenridge, nordr, etc. Add in daily repeatables, 2 big weekly quests for each of the 4 environments, and remove (for gods sake) the postage stamps, the community would bandwagon this system and deck out out their houses

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eternyl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Maybe everything in game isn't meant to be free.....if I drop 95$ on plat to buy a tavern and pay upkeep I'd be pissed if players got it free because they cried about it on forums..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Yes, it would be great to release these as a farmable quest. However, I doubt it. I haven't logged on since the recent update yet, so I may be wrong though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I vote potatoes too! Potatoes for life! Jk

Anyway 1k to buy tavern deed and 200 for each env = 800 plat max so total of 1800 plat if u want them all but how much is the upkeep again? I'm still homeless but I have been thinking if I should buy one or not at all. I have much doubts if this is profitable or I will only be wasting my hard earn money for something so trivial. I did buy a lot of plats on my first year of playing this game. Not lately though. *headaches*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

I thought I might as well bump this back into existence ~
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

i dont think sts have the budget for this eventho its a good idea.