Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: *goes on forums* *sees like 30 threads about rogues*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

Default *goes on forums* *sees like 30 threads about rogues*

I feel like it's a good time for another one of these threads.

I see this back and forth behavior among the players. If your favorite class gets some seemingly regressive adjustment, then it must be reversed and you demand that it gets back to the way it was. But if someone else's class gets a "nerf", then you dont even bat an eye on "the consistency with STS' decisions".

The game has become a war between the classes, and people are getting infuriated over a game. And that's the thing, it's just a game.

So for all the keyboard warriors out there talking smack about how they're quitting and complaining about balance and inconsistency, just remember that you are playing a game and that you do not own the game. If you are seriously worried about AL, then do what i have done many times before.

Launch the app, go to your character select screen, then tap create. Do not contact your friends, just play the game through the eyes of someone who has never played before, as someone who is unaware of the ping-pong buffing and nerfing. You'll realize the world is all how you see it. At the end of the day, log out and continue with your life.

As a friend of mine once said,
    Quote Originally Posted by conradev
    Make the most of the game and all things you do, but don't expect more than what is there.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

I tried this once, it made me rage because it's so hard to make gold at low levels XD
    Also, where Tf have you been keeping that quote XD
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    I tried this once, it made me rage because it's so hard to make gold at low levels XD
    Lol ralnab aint no midas touch
    And it's been kept in my jean pocket on a hot summers day. c:

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Looool
    #11chars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    *Pulp Fiction gold pocket watch dialogue*

Prays some people get the reference.
    Ign - Coolguymage

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post

Lmaooooooo you just had to
    Made root beer come out my nose

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Plqgue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post

This uncomfortable watch!

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

11. The Following User Says Thank You to konafez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Game should be enjoyed, yes.
    Spending real money and valuable time building a good character, just to have it gutted years later...
    No.

Do everything you have said you will do.
    Do not encroach on the rights or property of others.
    Treat everyone as you wish to be treated.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Amicusdei For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Changes come just learn to adapt to them
    Python

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

we may not own it, but they own it because of us, half the game is rogue, we spent ridiculus amounts of time and money to build our rogues to be competetive

where it was sucking at pvp from any other perspective now aim the backbone high damage nerfed which was giving us the kills, now i tried it hits like basic atack so now you are saying do it with new perspective

ok let me tell you this i did my share on pvp and i encouraged my gf which was pure pve into pvp before this nerf. she has the 56 bow, She realised the thing everyone was saying without i give her any info: rogue sucks in pvp, whether you clas if you have 3 rogues in your team you lose, you also lose against 2 mage vs 2 rogue you also lose if you dont have warr, you also lose 2 vs 1 on warr you also lose no matter what. you can only win if its rogue vs rogue or hunting single mage

now we cut out high damage skill into basic atack and you are telling me its more balanced now.. they own game bla bla keyboard warr

you were suppose to be retired please stay there instead of being mouthpiece, how on earth you can expect everyone gonna be slient when half the game is rogue and they kill it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    we may not own it, but they own it because of us, half the game is rogue, we spent ridiculus amounts of time and money to build our rogues to be competetive

where it was sucking at pvp from any other perspective now aim the backbone high damage nerfed which was giving us the kills, now i tried it hits like basic atack so now you are saying do it with new perspective

ok let me tell you this i did my share on pvp and i encouraged my gf which was pure pve into pvp before this nerf. she has the 56 bow, She realised the thing everyone was saying without i give her any info: rogue sucks in pvp, whether you clas if you have 3 rogues in your team you lose, you also lose against 2 mage vs 2 rogue you also lose if you dont have warr, you also lose 2 vs 1 on warr you also lose no matter what. you can only win if its rogue vs rogue or hunting single mage

now we cut out high damage skill into basic atack and you are telling me its more balanced now.. they own game bla bla keyboard warr

you were suppose to be retired please stay there instead of being mouthpiece, how on earth you can expect everyone gonna be slient when half the game is rogue and they kill it?
    Again, as i have said before, this game is not owned by you. Spacetime has the sole right to do whatever they want with the game. Whether or not they take feedback from angry and belligerent people is entirely up to them, but they are not entitled to please you.

There is really nothing you can do. The best thing to do is to just constructively say you do not agree with it and either move on and enjoy what you can from the game, or work yourself up over something so silly and what you cant control.

Life is too short to get upset about a game. If you do not like it, as someone once told me, then please move on to something else.

Retired? When does one's philosophy become nullified just because they stopped playing? Im not the one demanding changes in the game, im just persuading a change in attitude, which in no way do i need to be playing something to do.

You're looking at the glass half-empty.

Arcane Legends Discord

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Most rogues are acting like spoiled children these days I'm just asking for my aimed shot back
    #fixtheaimshot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Remember aimed shot one shotting mages through shield at 41? I've always said its not just the best skill of rogues, it's the best skill in game followed by juggernaut. Makes sense it was broken. They stated that instead of aimed range being 2-7k damage it is now 3-6k? That doesn't seem nearly as dramatic as the rogues are making it seem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    Remember aimed shot one shotting mages through shield at 41? I've always said its not just the best skill of rogues, it's the best skill in game followed by juggernaut. Makes sense it was broken. They stated that instead of aimed range being 2-7k damage it is now 3-6k? That doesn't seem nearly as dramatic as the rogues are making it seem.

It is tho papa I used to crit 12-20K in pve now 6-10K it needs to be fixed because I can't even do my job in pve effectively

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    It is tho papa I used to crit 12-20K in pve now 6-10K it needs to be fixed because I can't even do my job in pve effectively
    20k crit is op. I think I crit 7k lol.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    20k crit is op. I think I crit 7k lol.

I'm just saying it was cut by almost half

24.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

After spending some time w/ Vroom and Carapace discussing the issue, I understand it much better. There was one combination that allowed Rogues to deal an incredibly high amount of damage. We understand that this has been in the game for a long time, and it is part of how the role feels to you guys, but it is also making it very difficult to balance around. The nerf occurred as a first attempt to bring it into reason, but we need to make sure that the power is returned in some fashion.

We're committed to getting Rogues back to dealing the same average damage they once did, just not in such an unpredictable manner. Vroom will be posting about it soon.

And to the OP, thanks. Good vibes to you
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    After spending some time w/ Vroom and Carapace discussing the issue, I understand it much better. There was one combination that allowed Rogues to deal an incredibly high amount of damage. We understand that this has been in the game for a long time, and it is part of how the role feels to you guys, but it is also making it very difficult to balance around. The nerf occurred as a first attempt to bring it into reason, but we need to make sure that the power is returned in some fashion.

We're committed to getting Rogues back to dealing the same average damage they once did, just not in such an unpredictable manner. Vroom will be posting about it soon.

Does it mean rogues wont get their power back? Gary do you know how it will affect whole game ? Elite runs, pvp , time runs? Everything is ruined atm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

Will jugg and shield be nerfed? Because it's only fair since they have both been buffed countless times because of aim and now that aims useless jugg and shield don't need to be that Op....I mean you want balance right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    Will jugg and shield be nerfed? Because it's only fair since they have both been buffed countless times because of aim and now that aims useless jugg and shield don't need to be that Op....I mean you want balance right?
    Yes if aimed shot getting nerf might as well jugg and mage shield gets nerf too and arc sword 46 also heck nerf everything nekro sns corruption axe pull etc...

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk