Thread: Enchants and other Special Abilities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Enchants and other Special Abilities

This may seem like im trying to turn PL into WoW, but, to be honest, WoW has some great things that PL doesnt. For instance: Enchants. We are able to forge, but why not enchant our items to make them better? I thought of several ways to make enchantments a part of this game. My first idea: Single Enchantments. You are only allowed to echant each item 1 time. Also, once you equip an Enchanted item, it's no longer tradeable. That part of the idea is present in all. My second idea: Gems. Certain gems cause certain enchants to become apart of the Item. So you have a Magi Gem (not what it would likely be called, just an example). This would increase spell power by 1.5x's (again, example). It would also increase intelect by 10 points. Then, my last idea for enchants is Engravings. You have to pay for a pattern recipe. That recipe creates an engraving you can place on your item. That engraving then creates the Enchantment.

The other special abilities are ideas I thought you guys could come up with. Give me your feedback

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i say follow a similar enhancement to Maplestory's scroll system.

Taking Drian's "Gem" idea, we would have 100% success gems that give very low stat boosts. then 60-70% Gems that give rather better but still mediocre stat boosts. And then the lower percent success Gems that give an abundant boost in stats.

There would be a limit to how many attempts you can make on an item, and there could be a plat store feature to reset gem attempts, destroy items for the gems that previously succeeded, clear failed attempts (for more plat). This could benefit the gameplay AND increase revenue
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually like that idea better. But would there be a limit on how many enchantments? And if u should fail to many times, would the item disappear, but be able to be returned by plat? In an old mmo i played, Aurora Blade, you had unlimited enchants, but if u failed 3 times, the item was gone forever. I actually hadn't thought of this idea. Thnx for putting it out there ^_^