Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop Using Tapjoy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Default Stop Using Tapjoy

Hi, this is a general suggestion to STS to stop using Tapjoy for advertising offers. Maybe I'm the only one that has had big problems with them, but so far they have yet to make good an any in-game offers for free platinum that I've completed. They end up basically telling me there's nothing they can do, and to contact the company the offer is from, like Netflix for instance. I then contact Netflix and, while being very helpful, they tell me there shouldn't have been any problem, and that the issue should have been resolved by contacting Tapjoy, and around we go. The impression I've gotten through all of this is that Tapjoy is just a second-rate company with abysmal customer support. This is a shame because I have nothing but great things to say about Spacetime Studios and Pocket Legends, but I think you're doing yourself a big disservice by associating with an advertising partner that doesn't honor its offers. I feel like I'm being scammed.
    Last edited by McBain; 08-25-2011 at 02:58 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default wow

trust me bro ur not the only 1 over 20 apps for "free plat" and have gotten nuthing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

It's kind of funny for me to find this post now. Earlier today was the first time that I tried some tapjoy offers, mainly out of boredom and a bit of curiosity. I installed 4 or 5 apps, and got 'most' of the plat. There was this 1 app that didn't give anything, but I didn't bother any further with it. But yeah, it seems that system isn't always working as it should. I was using an iPad btw

Anyway, nothing STS can do about that. Your best bet is to keep trying to contact tapjoy, and hope they solve it... Orrrr, buy some plat

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

It works perfect on iOS, I'm not to sure what happeneds with you android people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

I'm on iOS and it doesn't work at all for me the only one that work are the video offers

---
    - Conradin for GoA
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

i think it was mentioned in an older thread that rooted phones cant do TJ. is yours rooted?

i dunno what popblocker apps are out there for various devices but i know that can prevent something like TJ from working.

one thing i do when farming plat is to make sure i only do one offer at a time. it makes it easier to track down what is a problem offer and also helps to make sure you aren't doing the wrong thing over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    one thing i do when farming plat is
    'farming plat'.. This mad me LOL

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Anyway, nothing STS can do about that. Your best bet is to keep trying to contact tapjoy, and hope they solve it... Orrrr, buy some plat
    Everything is a choice. They can stop using Tapjoy as an advertising partner and find a more reputable and customer-friendly company to handle their advertising offers. There are plenty of similar companies out there. And yes, I have purchased plenty of platinum, but I don't see what that has to do with these offers. Should I not be annoyed that, in trying to take advantage of an offer, I'm not getting what was advertised and being basically told by Tapjoy to bugger off? If they showed the tiniest amount of helpfulness or accountability, I probably wouldn't be writing this right now.

In business, as in life, those you associate with reflect on you as well. I'm just saying that, in my opinion, it would behoove STS to stop associating with a company that sucks.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I've had no problem with TapJoy personally. I've received over 400 plat strictly from the TJ wall and have had no issues with any app except Fashion Story and Storm8 games: World War, iMobsters, Kindoms Live, so 4/400 is only a 1% fail rate. No bulk offers like Netflix of Gamefly but just the simple apps/videos that give 1 plat per. Anytime I find an app doesn't give me the plat I just use "Missing Platinum?" feature at the bottom, it didn't work for the 4 apps previously mentioned but no system is flawless.

Sorry that you have experienced personal problems with the TJ wall, but I would have to admit I'd be quite sad if it was removed completely over a few imperfections. Try reporting it using different channels and see what happens:

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    In business, as in life, those you associate with reflect on you as well. I'm just saying that, in my opinion, it would behoove STS to stop associating with a company that sucks.
    I imagine that plenty of STS supporters would agree that Apple is a company that "sucks" due to their stringy sales tactics, so do you believe that STS should stop associating with them based on the opinion of the general public?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Thanks, but I'm very aware of the "missing platinum" link. If you read my original post you'd know that I've contacted Tapjoy numerous times, as well as the advertisers involved in the offers. Furthermore, nowhere have I said I think STS stop the free platinum offers, I'm simply suggesting they should look for a different company to handle them. One that might do a better job the first time around, and treat their customers with a little dignity if something doesn't go right. It's great that you've had success with these offers, but based on others' replies, I'm clearly not the only one who has had issues.

This is a feedback forum right? That's my feedback.
    Last edited by McBain; 08-25-2011 at 12:40 AM.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I read your OP and didn't see reference to the "numerous" times you tried to resolve your problem, I see that you contacted them but due to the fact that I am not psychic I had no idea how you chose to contact TJ about your issues. I was merely trying to help you with a detailed report of my personal experience and steps I took when I had issues. Perhaps the people at TJ could and would have helped you out if you conducted yourself a bit better, and yes I am basing this on the reply that you made personal when I was only offering a suggestion. Furthermore, nowhere did I say that I think STS should stop the free plat offers, just that I would be sad if TJ was removed... period. Thank you for your personal experience, I will keep it in mind if I ever have an grievance with TJ in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I'm sorry you took that personally. I certainly didn't. I just stated that I've already covered all the bases you mentioned. Since you don't know me, you can choose to believe me or not, but I don't think I'm one to make complaints that aren't warranted.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Thanks, but I'm very aware of the "missing platinum" link. If you read my original post you'd know that I've contacted Tapjoy numerous times, as well as the advertisers involved in the offers. Furthermore, nowhere have I said I think STS stop the free platinum offers, I'm simply suggesting they should look for a different company to handle them.

This is a feedback forum right? That's my feedback.
    O.o guess that's my bad, I saw the suggestion that I should revisit the OP because apparently I cannot read. Then you took a bit of a leap where you believed that I was putting words in your mouth when I never did that. So your point about not knowing you is correct and noted. I don't know you, your complaint seems to be substantiated by others who have had similar experiences and this is a feedback forum. Guess I was a bit overzealous to believe I could offer constructive feedback or a possible solution to your problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Im running stock Gingerbread 2.3.4 on a HTC Google G2 & aswell as stock 2.2 Froyo on a Samsung galaxy tablet. I can honestly say in the year I have been playing PL havent had any issues with recieving Plat from free and paid purchases from TP. Hope they get this fixed tho because you obviously arent the only one.
    Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember I had problems with TJ awhile back. I emailed them, and they actually helped me fix the not receiving plat issue. So far so good, haven't had any trouble since.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    O.o guess that's my bad, I saw the suggestion that I should revisit the OP because apparently I cannot read. Then you took a bit of a leap where you believed that I was putting words in your mouth when I never did that. So your point about not knowing you is correct and noted. I don't know you, your complaint seems to be substantiated by others who have had similar experiences and this is a feedback forum. Guess I was a bit overzealous to believe I could offer constructive feedback or a possible solution to your problem.
    okay then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I posted this a while ago..

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ndroid-Tablets....

Maybe this helps.. Hasn't worked for me either. At all except once out of the many that i've tried. Turns out there was a reason...

As far as support goes, I think the email was friendly and answered the question that I had. I also had a follow up email from TapJoy customer support about my experience and if they could help any further. Sorry your experience wasn't as pleasant. Good luck!

By the way, TapJoy is a member of this site.. They do read the forums.
    Last edited by Navygreen; 08-25-2011 at 06:06 AM.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have had some issues with tj, but overall most of the downloads seem to work for my iPad. However TJ seems to fail about 50% of the time on my iPhone 4
    Drizztduurden-lvl53 str/dex bear(WIP), Jarlaxelbaenr-lvl50 dex/str bird, Magepanda-lvl35 voodoo Mage Shivpanda-lvl35 dex/str bear, boompanda- 26 crystal mage. OMG theres a panda

TAPJOY
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Everyone,

My name is Saad and I work for Tapjoy. Let me apologize to anyone who has received a bad support experience from Tapjoy, I would never want a customer to have a bad experience with Tapjoy . I would more than happy to resolve any issues and get the due Plats. Send me an email at skhan@tapjoy.com with your Tapjoy ticket id ad I will take care of you.

BTW there are no issues with Jailbroken or Rooted devices.

Regards

Saad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Ow McBain, what was it again about tapjoy not being responsive?

U rok, thanks!