Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: A Healthy Commando Is a Strong Commando

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    52
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default A Healthy Commando Is a Strong Commando

    I was wondering if it would be possible for the commando skill "Heal" to heal 1/4 of the life & give health regen. I've maxed out that skill and its not as useful as I thought it would be. Maybe even 1/5 would be nice. :3

    Eyeless
    Guildmaster of Genocide.
    (This sig is not complete. It was created via mobile) :3

  2. #2
    Luminary Poster Ellyidol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tyria
    Posts
    7,264
    Blog Entries
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    182
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

    Default

    Isn't it 15 health/second for 5 seconds at level 6? 75 health, let's say 500 health, very near 1/5, I think. Unless math is off

    But I get your point, I'd like it to heal a % of total health rather than a fixed amount.

  3. #3
    Fastronaut Nightarcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Shire - Hobbiton
    Posts
    1,189
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    34
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default

    The problem with fixed skills is that they become obsolete fast at higher levels. And as far as I know, most damage/regen skills are fixed in SL, so I'm worried about how useful our skills will be in future caps if there aren't stat/level-driven skills.
    GandalfóLevel 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    RedeemedóLevel 12 Sorcerer twink

    Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

  4. #4
    Luminary Poster Ellyidol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tyria
    Posts
    7,264
    Blog Entries
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    182
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    The problem with fixed skills is that they become obsolete fast at higher levels. And as far as I know, most damage/regen skills are fixed in SL, so I'm worried about how useful our skills will be in future caps if there aren't stat/level-driven skills.
    Yup, exactly. Same concept in PL, fixed skills (like bear amrour buff) will soon turn obsolete and become less and less effective with each new campaign or set of gears.

    Hopefully a change comes soon, it's still early for SL, but at least it's been pointed out

  5. #5
    Senior Member Acyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    725
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    I dont use vigor. Those points should be in a productive skill not a shotty heal or Hs regen I use stims lot better than relying on vigor or engineer heals during certain pulls.

    ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

  6. #6
    Luminary Poster Ellyidol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tyria
    Posts
    7,264
    Blog Entries
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    182
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    I dont use vigor. Those points should be in a productive skill not a shotty heal or Hs regen I use stims lot better than relying on vigor or engineer heals during certain pulls.
    Unfortunately, some commandos, myself and many others, don't have the pockets to spam stims at will yet. For now, hopefully Vigor can get us there quicker.

  7. #7
    Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,474
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    325
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    115
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

    Default

    I personnaly only have one skill point in vigor. I agree with Aycer, points shouldn't be wasted in regen skills (although if passive regen skills are added I will definitly use them).

    I understand what Elly is saying though, stims are extremely hard to get at the moment (well for us IOS users) and it saves people tons of money to put points into those skills.

    Honestly, it's your choice . These skills will most likely become useless in the next update though.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Register's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, listening to music (:
    Posts
    2,559
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    25
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    Default

    It really depends on your build and preference. At level 25, I solo Outer Limits so having high regen skills are a must for me. For those who always do group runs, low regen skills are good. I have FIVE in each regen skill. I can EASILY solo Outer Limits without any pots at all.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    84
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Ill be real.. Heal is a wasted skill.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Register's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, listening to music (:
    Posts
    2,559
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    25
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Numb View Post
    Ill be real.. Heal is a wasted skill.
    Care to say why? Nobody is going to take advice without any reason.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

  11. #11
    Member Punktate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    160
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    I dont use vigor. Those points should be in a productive skill not a shotty heal or Hs regen I use stims lot better than relying on vigor or engineer heals during certain pulls.
    Completely untrue. I have exactly 25 health/mana stims because I simply don't need to use them. At level 25, I have 5 in vigor, giving me +13 h/s, which I use with my Lv6 Increase Mass (+300 defense 5sec), which makes me pretty damn hard to kill. I also have one in singularity, since it's damage is so low, but I get the desired effect of pushing, knocking down and taunting the enemies it strikes down with it's AoE. I also have 6 in Kinetic Reservoir which gives me +10 energy regen and a whopping +35 damage for 2sec. I also have 6 in growing rage which gives me +60% crit for 15 seconds. For the most part, most of my deaths are before I had this setup, back when I had most of my points in the offensive skills. As im writing this, I have 1799 kills and 53 deaths. I haven't died at all today in several guardian runs.

    Just to repeat for anyone who wants to try this;
    5 Vigor (raise to 6 at Lv. 26)
    1 Singularity
    6 Increase Mass
    6 Kinetic Reservoir
    6 Growing Rage
    Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    84
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Because wasting 3-6 levels of skills just to make a skill semi useable between fights isnt worth it. imo. You only have 26 points. Atleast with the mana regen skill you get a dps bonus that lasts maybe 2-3 shots at the end, and that could eliminate your mana pot issue. Even a max level heal cant stop you from hp potting..

  13. #13
    Member Punktate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    160
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Numb View Post
    Because wasting 3-6 levels of skills just to make a skill semi useable between fights isnt worth it. imo. You only have 26 points. Atleast with the mana regen skill you get a dps bonus that lasts maybe 2-3 shots at the end, and that could eliminate your mana pot issue. Even a max level heal cant stop you from hp potting..
    I never pot. Read my above post.
    Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button!

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    84
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Prove it.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Register's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, listening to music (:
    Posts
    2,559
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    25
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    Default

    numb....I wanna say somethng about how your posting...but I cant put it into words.

    How would you be able to tell if a maxed heal will prevent you from potting? You have little to none in Vigor. I have 4 in vigor and I never pot. And I solo. I have 4k kills and somwhere around 60 deaths. The majority of those deaths were from when I was leveling. I rarely die and never use pots. Sounds good to me!

    And ill prove why those extra points are worth it IMO. My skill combo kills enemies with maybe 1 shot at the end if one skill misses. I dont even use growing rage because I dont need it. I dont need increase Mass because I rarely even get hit. Those extra points saves me credits! I even gain pots lol. Putting 6 in all attackin skill is silly because its unnecesarry! Also, having a ton in offenseive skills and 6 in Increase Mass is basically redundant. You would have massive attacking power. no need to protect yourself from the dead.

    Just my 50 Dollars
    Last edited by Register; 09-04-2011 at 10:51 AM.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

  16. #16
    Member Punktate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    160
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Plus when I use increase mass I have near 700 defense. Ontop of this, im being healed 15pts every second for five seconds, which heals 75 (about the equivalent of 1 potion). Im extremely hard to kill. There's no point putting everything in offensive skills, since your normal damage is usually greater. By using one, you get the bones of the attack (knockdown ectect) without wasting the other 5 points you could use to be stronger.
    Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button!

  17. #17
    Senior Member Register's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, listening to music (:
    Posts
    2,559
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    25
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    Default

    Another thing great about Kinetic Resevior is that it only steal 10 base damage. So I can run into a group, combo them, heal mana, and get big bonus of damage just in case. The ONLY mob I fight regurlarly that I have a little more trouble with is the heavy rocket thing mob. My combo puts it at about half health. but I run in with that Kinetic Resevior running. SO when it wears off, mob will die before the damage boost even ends.

    Btw, my Kinetic Resevior is at 5. I dont like 6 because all it does at 6 is give extra 5 damage
    btw x2, By combo, I dont mean a COMBO. I mean uses skills in a special order
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    84
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I promoted kinetic, and use it myself. I hate on heal because I still do not believe you can solo uncharted with no pots.. Atleast at this level with this gear.

    Also.. What is the obsession with farming outer all the time btw. Isnt it just easy with alot of mobs?

  19. #19
    Member Punktate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    160
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Numb View Post
    I promoted kinetic, and use it myself. I hate on heal because I still do not believe you can solo uncharted with no pots.. Atleast at this level with this gear.

    Also.. What is the obsession with farming outer all the time btw. Isnt it just easy with alot of mobs?
    At 6 it heals about the same as a potion. It works hand in hand with the skill that gives you +300 def. Your def is so high, they don't do alot of damage, while at the same time you are being healed.
    Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button!

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    63
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I'll vouch for Punk's build because I have done guardian runs with him. Question for Punk for my own commo that will soon be 19 and ready to hit Numa. What is your timing of skills during each new mob encounter? How do you grab most aggro for the alpha spike and survive without potting?
    SL: Katsumi/Katsumii/Katsumiii | Knights of Cydonia
    PL: Ohanadesu | Knights of Cydonia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •