Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Design Blog] Updates to Aimed Shot

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #41
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Thanks for the follow-up feedback guys, now that Aim Shot is stabilized we can take a look at an issue like this with a clearer picture of what may need to be done.

PvE still feels on par with before? I know the comments above are specifically PvP related, just trying to get a broader picture.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Hi Cara,

I solo tested a few mobs in an elite southern gate map after the hotfix. I feel I have more damage with normal aimed shot than before the fix (I dont use charged aimed shot very often).
    Thanks,
    Ava
    Avy
    12-2012

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Okay so I tested rogue against a warrior and mage scenario and it still does not stand a chance. It was not my team either, considering that my team was compromised of the team that I use for tournaments. The strategies were solid, but nothing works to help a rogue live against a pure warrior and sorcerer team. Therefore, rogues are still an outcast in PvP unless there is a rogue on the other side.

The spike damage which gave rogues a meager chance before is gone as well. So, we need some sort of adjustment. If developers could take a look what exactly happens to a rogue against a warrior and sorcerer stack...that would be great. Essentially, all the warriors and sorcerers have to do is shield and rush the other team with a rogue in it. There is nothing the rogue can do to win. The sorcerers cannot be slowed, due to the shields, and nobody dies during the rush either because of the multiple shields and multiple heals.
    How does it preform in 1 vs 1?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

PVE looks good now with update. Thanks team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Thanks for the follow-up feedback guys, now that Aim Shot is stabilized we can take a look at an issue like this with a clearer picture of what may need to be done.

PvE still feels on par with before? I know the comments above are specifically PvP related, just trying to get a broader picture.
    pve is fine its more consistent damage as expected from table, tested and im fine with it
    only problem we have is with pvp as from comments suggest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    How does it preform in 1 vs 1?
    The usual. Rogue loses to warrior, but wins against Mage. So, in a 1v1, it is fine. Although, I will do some testing just to make sure.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Definetly notice the consistency from a pve standpoint, which is nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

I won't be surprised if rogues get an arcane shield aswell after this much pvp complain....

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The usual. Rogue loses to warrior, but wins against Mage. So, in a 1v1, it is fine. Although, I will do some testing just to make sure.
    Zeus i rember in one of you postes that you said that rougs are useliss now in clashes
    A team with a rouge in vs a full team of war and mages the team with the rouge would underpreform
    The resion for this as im seeing it is due to a rouge is a high dmg dealer against a single target that means thay sould actully over preform in 1 vs 1 but that seems yo be a bit of problim in vsing a tank

Now for the clash part due to most of a mages skills being crowd controll
    And there nearlly unlimted mana suply that makes them perfect for a clash
    And with a tank to soak up all the damge and the mages constintly healling him thay make a absolute team
    But when adding a single targit rouge in to the part thay loose alot of crowd control power and most of the rouges atks are directid at the tank but with the mages that keeps healing him that makes the rouge bit useliss
    Mayby the one way to make the rouge more usefull if the rouge mayby try getting around the war myby spliting from the party and moveing around try to stay out of sight intill the mages shiled goes in cd the start hitting them not sure if it will work tho

This is the way i see it way rouges are not needid for clashis anymore not sure if its the right resion
    *sorry about any grammar mestakes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

For what it's worth: I ran arena after the fix to our aimed shot dmg and the times are showing that aimed shot is just as useful with regards to average damage output as it was before for at least the lower/mid end of PvE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    Zeus i rember in one of you postes that you said that rougs are useliss now in clashes
    A team with a rouge in vs a full team of war and mages the team with the rouge would underpreform
    The resion for this as im seeing it is due to a rouge is a high dmg dealer against a single target that means thay sould actully over preform in 1 vs 1 but that seems yo be a bit of problim in vsing a tank

Now for the clash part due to most of a mages skills being crowd controll
    And there nearlly unlimted mana suply that makes them perfect for a clash
    And with a tank to soak up all the damge and the mages constintly healling him thay make a absolute team
    But when adding a single targit rouge in to the part thay loose alot of crowd control power and most of the rouges atks are directid at the tank but with the mages that keeps healing him that makes the rouge bit useliss
    Mayby the one way to make the rouge more usefull if the rouge mayby try getting around the war myby spliting from the party and moveing around try to stay out of sight intill the mages shiled goes in cd the start hitting them not sure if it will work tho

This is the way i see it way rouges are not needid for clashis anymore not sure if its the right resion
    *sorry about any grammar mestakes
    My experience with clashes is that what you suggest is easier said than done. More experienced PvP mages know how to use their tanks to hide from damaging combos. Good tanks also know how to use Axe Throw to prevent rogues from crossing over to attack their own DPS.

Your stated reasons for why rogues are less useful are correct. With rogues having no reliable defensive skill to protect temporarily from damage nukes they will stay irrelevant in clashes.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.