Thread: Why the classes have extra extra unique skills?..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Why the classes have extra extra unique skills?..

Why can't an engineer have a skill like summoning those cycorp turrets? Maybe even the opperatives
    turning transparent for a limited amount of time... The commandos having the ability of being invincible
    for like 2 seconds? Just something to think about adding in the future lolz...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

:0 Did i mess up the title?... Yes! Lol, it's "Why CAN'T the classes have unique skills"

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by muskrat31 View Post
    Why can't an engineer have a skill like summoning those cycorp turrets? Maybe even the opperatives
    turning transparent for a limited amount of time... The commandos having the ability of being invincible
    for like 2 seconds? Just something to think about adding in the future lolz...
    Borderlands anyone?

:0 Did i mess up the title?... Yes! Lol, it's "Why CAN'T the classes have unique skills"
    I imagine it's for fear of copyright infringement. By unique, you mean borrowed completely from another RPG. Brick, berserker class with berserker mode: hand-to-hand combat with rapidly regenerating health and resistance to damage (not quite invincible but still the same concept); Lillith, siren class with phasewalk: which allows her to temporarily enter another dimension making her invisible; Roland, soilder class: who deploys an automated gun turret. Perhaps 'invent' the hunter class and their unique ability could be to release a PL avian to wreak havoc on the enemies.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 09-01-2011 at 05:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm not gonna lie...if one of my SL characters could shoot an avian archer at an enemy...that=win. Best idea ever, lol
    You may call me bits or giga...just don't call me at dinner time
    Gigabits-engineer(main)-Bitsoarmor-commando-bitsopain-operative-Bitsohelp-engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Borderlands anyone?

I imagine it's for fear of copyright infringement. By unique, you mean borrowed completely from another RPG. Brick, berserker class with berserker mode: hand-to-hand combat with rapidly regenerating health and resistance to damage (not quite invincible but still the same concept); Lillith, siren class with phasewalk: which allows her to temporarily enter another dimension making her invisible; Roland, soilder class: who deploys an automated gun turret. Perhaps 'invent' the hunter class and their unique ability could be to release a PL avian to wreak havoc on the enemies.
    Really? Copyright lol? Look at borderlands, they basically stole the style of an upcoming game called "Rage"?? Also, how in the name would skills be copyright?? Look at OnC, their rogue can turn invisible... Zenonia 3?? The Shaman can summon totems to do things for them. Something as simple as adding a couple of cool skills, that most games with this type of setup, won't be a "no no"

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Really? Copyright lol? Look at borderlands, they basically stole the style of an upcoming game called "Rage"?? Also, how in the name would skills be copyright?? Look at OnC, their rogue can turn invisible... Zenonia 3?? The Shaman can summon totems to do things for them. Something as simple as adding a couple of cool skills, that most games with this type of setup, won't be a "no no"
    How can an old game steal something from an "upcoming" game; wouldn't it be the other way around? A rogue is a thief, so the art of deception is sort of in the job description. Summoning spells are completely different imo and are used across a wide variety of games not just RPGs. You chose three very specific skills from one very well know game and asked for them here. Sure they could fit the space theme, a special suit that only one class can use which allows them to go invisible, an aggro suit that allows for reduced damage, a helper turret... whatever, just seems like that would require some back story or reasoning.

Oh, the copyright infringement was a joke. Plenty of material is transferred from RPG to RPG or game to game. I was just adding emphasis to the fact that your three skills seemed very familiar to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Gameloft seems to have no shame in being blatant copies of popular titles. Not saying that's something STS would do. SL is still young... lets see what happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junside View Post
    Gameloft seems to have no shame in being blatant copies of popular titles. Not saying that's something STS would do. SL is still young... lets see what happens.
    Ikr... After I played WoW for around 8 months (omg best game ever, well till I decided to take a break), I noticed other games with shamans, rouges, paladin (I think paladin is not just wow but idk), Druid, and sooooooo much more
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I believe I was the first to formally suggest and outline the specifics of a turret pet for Engineer, but I could be wrong.

So I definitely support this.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 09-04-2011 at 11:16 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I've been wanting the engineer to construct automated helpers such as turrets with limited life but I never said them as pets. As soon as I heard "engineer" I would've thought some sort of building could be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    I believe I was the first to formally suggest and outline the specifics of a turret pet for Engineer, but I could be wrong.
    Are you playing on SL anymore? I never see you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Been having internet problems, sadly. Lag too much to play anything. Waiting until I get DSL or cable to make into WiFi. Thanks for your concern, tough.

I'm around, but no longer than a couple minutes.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange