Thread: Housing 3.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    So I just bought a house and I am enjoying it. Dropped a lot of plat on it and the decorations and so far its pretty fun.

I started to think though, If everyone eventually owns a house and has this great pride with it, why would the want to leave thier house and spend time in someone elses house. Each player wants everyone to visit thier house and hang out there. Its human nature.

So what if there was some sort of perk to visiting your friends and guildmates houses to encourage more association back and forth between houses.

It would

1. Encourage players to farm/buy more items for the house to impress thier fellow players, especially the higher priced interactive items which would be needed to give a benefit for example (see below)
    2. Make everyone enjoy each others house and boost comradarie (did I spell that right?)
    3. Encourage the sale of houses and make farmable/plat based purchases worth more in CS.

The benefit of housecalls:
    An example would be, you go to a friends house and spend some time with him/her using a interactive house item, like the disco ball or hottub, and the visiting player gets a benefit, maybe pots, or a story token or some gold for example. Something simple.

I know this might turn into a beg fest where other players beg thier friends to hang out with them for the benefits so maybe there is someway you could visit a house without the owner there and still get a benefit from the visit.

The point is what good is a vanity only you primarily enjoy and see. Players will probably need motivation to visit other players houses especially when the newness wears off.

THIS IS JUST AN IDEA I AM THROWING OUT THERE. If you think of downsides to this, cool. But I am just throwing out this idea as a generality. The specifics can be different, I just want to increase house visits between players.
    I like ur ideas

Sent from my Lenovo A1900 using Tapatalk
    Xurux ~ Ommron ~ Cryom

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Asron9 For This Useful Post: