Thread: Protection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not debating wither being useful now, I dropped shield and reduced my points in pain/revive to pump it up to 5. It is clearly worth it on high hp critters like vular / guardian. I'm just not convinced that leech is any better than protection.

Leech dot damage is still reduced by armor, right? So how much damage does it really do against the gaurdian? Is it really more than sonic boom would do, even with the long cooldown?

The armor study was done assuming everyone is 25/26 with green gear. Not all players have that gear. Also once the cap is raised, these maps will be ran by mostly sub 25 toons with much less armor. Much like Delta 7 is being ran by mostly 15-18 toons with lesser gear than what most of us had at that time. I'm sure I don't need to remind anybody of the pains of helping guildmates with the Miner. I also regularly help players with the last 2 cycorp maps. At those levels, every bit of armor helps. So now you can easily see why I'm sticking with protection, as it doesn't start to lose it's worth until 25.

One last thing. Those of you with 1 point in protection are not fooling anyone. The only thing you really do is hurt the party when someone with the skill maxed shows up. Do not be so arrogant as to assume nobody will notice. You know what they say about people who assume...
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raulur View Post
    The armor study was done assuming everyone is 25/26 with green gear. Not all players have that gear.... I also regularly help players with the last 2 cycorp maps. At those levels, every bit of armor helps. So now you can easily see why I'm sticking with protection, as it doesn't start to lose it's worth until 25.
    The armor study I completed was done with toons that were level 25 and 26, but with various levels of gear, including none. My control measurements were taken with 2 armor (the least I could get).

In the last part this quote, you indicate that level may play into armor as well. I haven't done any tests to see whether armor in Cycorp, for instance, protects a level 15 chracter better than a level 25 character. I unfortunately don't have any spare character slots to find out. Hmm maybe someone else can do it...