If sts didnt use the word 'hardcore lvl' would this b different for you? They should have use the words 'time consumming' for me but thats less appealin to players.
If there wasnt a forum, no chat ig where you could read people reachin rapidly cap or you couldnt read/view the lvl of the avatar ig would this change your point of view, not knowing who is where and at what lvl?

Reachin a cap should b just personnal imo, just dont mind others, focus on your own goal at the rythm you like or able to give.
For me it doesnt change a thing if someone else like a plat leveler reach the cap b4 me.
It also doesnt give any advantage to cap first here in this game, it only give more cash $$ to sts thats all.

I cap 56 in April/may and did like 3/5 without plat. Everybody was saying new map soon, hurry up, get the crown b4 its gone, blabla... so I did the rest with plat, yes the boost was quite impressive.
But I wouldnt have done it if I knew it was september lol.
I only used b4 plat gears, upgrade account, more avatars, vanities or maps when it was needed it to play last year.
For my part, I admit that sometime Im a bit envious on people having this luxury of '"time to play'". Got work, family, friends, gf, work, social life, other hobbies and work. (yea im typin this at work, lunchbreak..)
Will I use plat elixir to 61? Maybe, maybe not, its just an option I got.

Anyway, playing n enjoying at my own rythm with plat or not. Thats the balance I need and try to keep, thats my way of having fun with PL.