Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: On Balance - Rogue class role in team PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

since many said rogues are balanced in a 1v1 situation and they are useless in clashes. they have to get a buff not from within but from outside to keep their power in check so that they cant rule pvp as a class. like getting buffed from other classes. like warrior's vb or jugg can effect rogues by a small % or buffed by a mage etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Give them there damage for a week
    And look at the kills/death
    Just like the blance thing we had be4
    And if its too much they kill
    Give them %8 dmg
    Just like a bouns, but not with the original %dmg gear
    P.S : i am a mage
    Last edited by Saud; 07-17-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Someone pointed out giving the shadow-pierce skill the ability to grant 50% damage reduction or 50% more armour for 5 seconds after hitting a minimum of 3 targets. I believe mages have an upgrade in their whirlwind skill granting 50% more armour for some seconds.

I think could actually be a really good solution.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 07-17-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breakingbadxx View Post
    Someone pointed out giving the shadow-pierce skill the ability to grant 50% damage reduction or 50% more armour for 5 seconds after hitting a minimum of 3 targets. I believe mages have an upgrade in their whirlwind skill granting 50% more armour for some seconds.

I think could actually be a really good solution.

What do you guys think?
    an armor buff would be useless because any armor reduction would simply cancel it out. %dmg reduction added to shadow pierce however could be a viable option. But then twinks are screwed because my maxed 17 rogue already wrecks everything 15-19.

There would need to be a way set a floor on the lvl at which rogues could utilize this dmg reduction. Personally I think they should just rework Razor shield to have a set amount of dmg reduction within the skill itself which can be expanded upon through mastery. 10% in comparison to that of Arcane Sheild or Juggernaut is a joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

May be 2 sec invulnerability in razor shield as mage and warrior. May be that's good enough to survive crossing warrior and nuke mages. Mage are so vulnerable without arcane shield. And little bit less using SP in clash situation may help.

Just a suggestion lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post
    May be 2 sec invulnerability in razor shield as mage and warrior. May be that's good enough to survive crossing warrior and nuke mages. Mage are so vulnerable without arcane shield. And little bit less using SP in clash situation may help.

Just a suggestion lol.
    And it's a good suggestion. Thanks. (Apart from the SP comment) I'm sure that to those rogues experienced in PvP here, that is 'common sense'.

The problem here clearly lies beyond a lack of 'common sense'.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 07-17-2016 at 08:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

How about stacking same character on a team will decrease the team damage that got same job

I mean if stacking 4 tank thier damage will drop 10%/tank in team, so they damage will descrease 40% each tank
    If 2 mage on team then both mage will got 20% damage decreased, so they wont really usefull on making DoT in clash
    While rog got thier critical or damage reduce by 10% for each rog in team

This wont reduce your damage if you disnt have same job on your team so your damage wont get reduce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    How about stacking same character on a team will decrease the team damage that got same job

I mean if stacking 4 tank thier damage will drop 10%/tank in team, so they damage will descrease 40% each tank
    If 2 mage on team then both mage will got 20% damage decreased, so they wont really usefull on making DoT in clash
    While rog got thier critical or damage reduce by 10% for each rog in team

This wont reduce your damage if you disnt have same job on your team so your damage wont get reduce
    So ideally it works almost like a class restriction but stacking more and more of a class results in increasingly critical debuffs.

It works just as well as the class restriction but without the negative effects of being unable to play with friends etc.

For example, in a fair classed 5v5 DPS clash, both sides would experience the same debuffs.

With this, its not necessary to buff or nerf classes.

Depending on how much the debuffs hurts the assigned classes (I would hope that it makes it so people won't even consider using more than 2 of the same class in a PvP room).

It essentially eradicates class stacking in PvP if done right.

This seems like a really good idea.

What do you guys think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

So ideally it works almost like a class restriction but stacking more and more of a class results in increasingly critical debuffs.

It works just as well as the class restriction but without the negative effects of being unable to play with friends etc.

For example, in a fair classed 5v5 DPS clash, both sides would experience the same debuffs.

With this, its not necessary to buff or nerf classes.

Depending on how much the debuffs hurts the assigned classes (I would hope that it makes it so people won't even consider using more than 2 of the same class in a PvP room).

It essentially eradicates class stacking in PvP if done right.

This seems like a really good idea.

What do you guys think?
    Personally I think the best long term solution is to fix the rogue class itself by tweaking skills rather than findind a way to compensate for the ineffectiveness of rogues in a team setting at endgame.

And by all means, with whatever changes are made, leave twinks alone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Personally I think the best long term solution is to fix the rogue class itself by tweaking skills rather than findind a way to compensate for the ineffectiveness of rogues in a team setting at endgame.

The issue is most 'tweaks' done to skills specifically, end up creating more and more problems on the long-run.

The end result is normally an endless chain of 'tweaking' to try and get people to the same level, which never succeeds.

For example, mages received a significant buff to their heal skill and arcane shield skill. This buff has become a thorn in the side of the rogue class. So, we are back to an attempt at buffing rogues for almost the same reason mages needed the heal skill and arcane shield skill buffs in the first place.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 07-18-2016 at 04:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The issue is most 'tweaks' done to skills specifically, end up creating more and more problems on the long-run.

The end result is normally an endless chain of 'tweaking' to try and get people to the same level, which never succeeds.

For example, mages received a significant buff to their heal skill and arcane shield skill. This buff has become a thorn in the side of the rogue class. So, we are back to an attempt at buffing rogues for almost the same reason mages needed the heal skill and arcane shield skill buffs in the first place.
    Even when sorcerers were at their weakest, they still always had a place in clash. The amount of buffs they've received now is so ridiculous that they've replaced rogues...
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Does dodge work only for attacks or spells as well, and then I wonder if it does for area spells or only single target ones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sevencent View Post
    Does dodge work only for attacks or spells as well, and then I wonder if it does for area spells or only single target ones

Only for auto attack/pet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

At twink levels like 15,16 etc rogues are very strong. They have high damage n high HP. It's almost impossible to kill a rogue in 1v1 n very hard in clash coz high HP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post

Just a suggestion lol.
    Nice suggestion. I just wanted to add on that most experienced rogues usually know that SP means certain death. So, that leaves us with aim and nox.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post

Sure leave twink alone, that will just work in 46+ so no warrior stacking and stay in corner for lava T.T its really hard to avoid the pull when there's a glint set

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I dont think , we need to change the rouge, as a rouge ,its already good and i think they should just adjust the arcane shield and juggernaut skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Litheus View Post
    At twink levels like 15,16 etc rogues are very strong. They have high damage n high HP. It's almost impossible to kill a rogue in 1v1 n very hard in clash coz high HP.
    That is not true. Good maxed twink tanks can kill good maxed rogues in 1v1 and vice versa. Depends on stun timing and heal fails. And for teamfights, tank is most wanted even at low levels, followed by curse mage. Please dont misinform. Its always "jjj need tank" or "out we have no tank" for our bracket, Valkeroth.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 07-21-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

buff the rogue damage in pvp to make them glass cannon not just glass even mages admitting damage is too low that in class environment they can easly outheal it. and mage can easyly replace rogue. its not essential to team its liability because of gass part

rogue has no crowd control, no powerful heal as mage or warr, no shield
    yet the damage is comparable to mage not to mention we have tiny mana pool so you cant spam as much as you want

thats all i dont wanna wait a year for this to happen

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #40
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Some good stuff in here guys, I encourage you to check out VROOM's post he just made: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nges-(7-21-16)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com