Thread: How to recognize the "elite" (green) chests in Numa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How to recognize the "elite" (green) chests in Numa

You might have heard about the special "Elite" chests in Numa that ALWAYS drop at least one green when opened. The most frequent place for these to occur is in Uncharted Ruins, where there can be one or sometimes even two that replace the normal chests in two specific locations. One of the locations is shown in the screenshot below. The elite chest is on the left, and is easily recognized by the two legs that appear in front. Compare that with the normal chest on the right. This is at the end of the run right before Guardian who is just ahead to the left.

The second possible location for an elite chest is right behind us, in that last cul de sac just before you get here to the end. So they're both basically at the end of the run just before guardian, and it always pays to look closely at the chest in that last cul de sac instead of rushing straight past it as groups tend to often do. I've witnessed both elite chest spawning in the same run, and I've witnessed multiple party members receiving greens from such a chest. So wait for all party members to catch up before opening chests that look like these!

Edit: Apparently, these can drop in any dungeon in any campaign. I've seen screenshots now of one in Delta-7 and one in Red Ruins. However, I surmise that they might occur with the greatest frequency in Uncharted Ruins, because I've seen three there in a dozen guardian runs but never seen one anywhere else yet. Also, apparently all five chests in Uncharted Ruins have been reported as spawning elites, so it's worthwhile for guardian teams to look at every chest instead of rushing straight to Guardian.

Last edited by shannong; 09-02-2011 at 09:07 AM.
    SL: Katsumi/Katsumii/Katsumiii | Knights of Cydonia
    PL: Ohanadesu | Knights of Cydonia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Thanks so much for the screenshot! I've heard people talk about "chests with legs", but pictured something entirely different--a pic is really helpful.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Thanks so much for the screenshot! I've heard people talk about "chests with legs", but pictured something entirely different--a pic is really helpful.
    lol thats funny.

And Ive run guardian many times and checked in those spots every time. I rarely get elites there. Maybe I've been unlucky though.
    Boomsteak - Commando - Lv 35 <Sparkling Pwnies>