Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Correcting Change to Blizzard Stick Wand

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Correcting Change to Blizzard Stick Wand

In a recent update to Pocket Legends, the overall speed of the Blizzard Stick Wand was reduced, therefore reducing it's overall DPS.

We wanted to let you know that this change was an oversight and in a coming update, it's damage will be increased accordingly to bring it's DPS back up to what it should be. Our apologies for anyone affected by this item change and our thanks in advance for your understanding.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I have a feeling that nobody even noticed
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

me too ^^^

EDIT: I don't think many people care about blizzard sticks. That's a good catch though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Hey, my little Blizzard Stick has been ranting about losing power for quite a few days.
    But hey, thanks to the new patch we can all go around 1-hitting our merry way to level 61.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I noticed I'm level 50 a two hand has higher dps I don't like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Omfg if its patched already the blizzard sucks no more for me its a low dps weapon now..... You guys killed my favorite weapon in game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mexicanpixels View Post
    Omfg if its patched already the blizzard sucks no more for me its a low dps weapon now..... You guys killed my favorite weapon in game
    First off, don't double post, use your edit post button. Secondly, samhayne said, very clearly imo, in his post that in an upcoming patch the blizzard sticks DPS will be brought back to what it should be. Calm down, no one "killed" your favorite weapon, maybe just crippled it for a few days
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

How do you kill a dead weapon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

agreed! now us mage's have no super fast weapon. which i frankly don't think is fair. because axes & swords are like 0.4.. when ours is 1.0 + why did you guys change it?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KTpantyhose View Post
    agreed! now us mage's have no super fast weapon. which i frankly don't think is fair. because axes & swords are like 0.4.. when ours is 1.0 + why did you guys change it?????
    Are you guys reading what Sam said or am I imagining his post?

:/
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Yes! The rise of the Sacred BLIZZARD STICK!! YAY!
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Keep up the good work Spacetime!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol. Blizzard sticks. ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KTpantyhose:402980
    what axes and swords have .4 speed? Thats dagger speed lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Flickz View Post
    what axes and swords have .4 speed? Thats dagger speed lol

Its the thought that counts.
    Check out my YouTube Channel if you got the time:SamKimTV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Blizz Stick = preferred wand of choice (in the past, not post-this upcoming patch) for those who prefer (inferior skill damage x high speed but horrifically bad base damage)/2 pixie stix = noisy wand that does almost no damage at high levels
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

As far as I know it's a very popular Int Bear weapon, since they want the DPS and their skill damage isn't as affected by weapon as Mages. They don't use skills as much as a regulate bear, and deal damage almost entirely on auto attack so it needs to be high DPS. Maybe Int Bird, too. I just know I talked to a Int Bear player and this is what he told me.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    As far as I know it's a very popular Int Bear weapon, since they want the DPS and their skill damage isn't as affected by weapon as Mages. They don't use skills as much as a regulate bear, and deal damage almost entirely on auto attack so it needs to be high DPS. Maybe Int Bird, too. I just know I talked to a Int Bear player and this is what he told me.
    Interesting.

I have never heard of int bears finding blizzard sticks so popular. The preferred set for int bear used to be enchanted gem blast staff due to the AOE. Some firm int bear fans considered it to be superior to custom dex bears. They relied heavily on skill damage, especially from stomp. The AOE combined with the high skilled damage were quite effective. Furthermore, survivability was not adversely affected. By mage standards, protection of enchanted was excellent, and the health regeneration would have been helpful to bears. Finally, the low mana regen on the staff is no real flaw for bears which do not have the high mana requirements that int mages (who almost entirely depend on their spells for damage) do.

Strictly from a theoretical standpoint, a blizzard stick is quite possibly the worst int weapon that a int bear could use (truth be told, it is one of the worse mage weapons too). It does not offer a high damage effective damage output against armored targets and bears do not have anything nearly as effective as "break armor". The weapon does not add very high skill damage, so the slashes and stomp would be reduced in effectiveness. There are also no advantages to survivability that I can see. I don't see any real benefits in a high DPS weapon for an int bear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I used a blizzard stick until this change and am a lv 53. I n my opinion the best mage wand was taken away and now the mage has only 1 weapon in the game under 1.0 in speed. I understand birds r sposed to b speedy and have lots of under 1.0 but even the slow powerful bears have more weapons under 1.0 in speed. And as for the blizzard stick losing power against higher lv BS monsters and bosses its just not true. I ran many sewer runs with every lv 53 wand there is and the blizzard stick hit better. I don't like this change at all but sure noone cares. I stopped playing this game for over 2to months because of bad changes to this game and here's another. I was told that the change was made because the blizzard stick fired to fast and it made it not look right and made the game wonkey, I think. But wouldn't other weld and even fast weld do the same???? If that's the case change them all to 1.0 in speed. Then let's see how people feel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

That may be true for Int Bears about their skills, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's extremely low base/auto damage is not enough to significantly overwhelm most lvl 50+ armor in PvP, nor the Balefort enemies with 120ish armor, and Nuri enemies (although I don't think the armor value of Nuri mobs has been figured out yet).

DPS is theoretical damage against air/no armor, and some people don't realize it. Yes, you can eventually wear someone out with a lot of low damage hits, and it does have a freeze proc, but I have never heard of any very experienced player preferring a Blizz Stick over other available 50+ wands in PvP or PvE.

If this patch raises the base damage a fair amount, like they did for the Glyph Daggers, then it will be a whole new ballgame of course.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage