Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Lightbulb The Most Famous House LB

The Most Famous House

Name:  image.png
Views: 343
Size:  49.7 KB

Hello folks! I was walking in Arlor yesterday and got an ideia (tell me if its stupid or not)
    We received another big change in Arcane Legends these days, yes, the House System. Like every new in AL, we have two sides of the hype. Who like, and who doesn't, but the notice its so hot yet we dont have time to stop and see what is really going on, as lover of the game, I want make this new perk better, so, if you can help me i ll be very grateful!

In thread "Housing 3.0" we are talking about another house ideia: prizes for visiting a friend like Potions, Gold, Portal, Teeths or whatever. But I have no good feeling of this and let me tell why.

Remember the cakes?
    Remember the Dearys Island?
    Remember the Goblin Event bug who make chaos on the LB?

The old idea was give a prize to Host of house by someone visiting. Ex: I enter in "Reunasi" house (probably my friend) and give him ONE Teeth. This should make more people buy a house to receive the "gift" BUT... We know the history of free gifts right? Wrong way to get Dragonite Bars, by creating one account to join in our house and give himself a Teeth, farming a TON and flooding the CS with this.

In case: The gift its 1 Teeth,
    A lot of dummy user to farm this prize to buy Dragonite Bars and boooom, bye bye economy of Teeths.
    See:
    1). + Teeth = + Bars
    2). + Bars = bar price drop
    3). price drop = more Arcane Rings
    4). + Arcane Rings = price drop and sucessivelly.
    *Now, imagine with another farmed or purchesable things...definitely NO!*

Then we are trying to create something new and its here you enter! We are thinking in a Leader Boarder for the most famous house in Arlor and work like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fame Points"

If you make your house PUBLIC(only public) to visits, an random player will can join(by friend list, guild, friend of a friend) and give you a Point of Fame, if he/her like your house..sure.
    And for the visitor give the "like" he will spend 2 Story Token(we are using Story Tokens with house atm, upkeep...). ALSO the visitor just can "like" 1 house per day, and not in the same house again (just in next season).
    They make a LB of "Most Famous Houses" with the points of comunnity

Each season the LB restart to give a chance to new players, with new furnitures...

Ex:
    [ Famous Houses ]

1st: Sareocar' s House ------------ 1.432 Fame points
    2nd: Fareunaca' s House ----------- 1. 323 Fame points
    3rd: Jionaesaco' s House ----------- 1. 291 Fame points
    (Random names of my mind, like in the creation of toon)

LB ensure you an furniture or banner after the end of season

Its just an idea coz this will make the players try be the owner of the most "Famous House".

- Players will buy plat to make house better, thats help STS, once time the game is free to
    play but Devs also need eat.

- Help farm players trying find new itens to house in Elite maps, to sell or make our house
    pretty.

- Grants a new item to farm

- Make more people interested to buy a house

- Ensure a LB for who dont have time to keep running pvp or pvp all day, but can keep house
    beautiful

- Increase the fun, or chill in game, partying with friends or just slow down after hours of
    running, somewhere more particular than Guild Hall or the crazy cities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

House is here, we need work to make this be not forgotten.
    I know somebody can think "well, but thats not grant one player will not create a dummy to "like" himself" but this is really simply to solve, like increase the cost of "like" or doing a "vote permit" like the new system for start sell and trade in Arlor.
    Obviously you can bloq visitor anytime you want, to change your house or make a party for friends or just chill.

Just an idea, fell free to plus any change or tell me what you think.
    Last edited by Sasamon; 07-18-2016 at 04:15 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sasamon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

The reason I don't want to see house ideas expanded on is that this game has limited bandwidth. Every bit of coding needed to expand homes will take away something else in the long run.
    One of the reasons this game doesn't have rotating cameras is this limitation. Even the time it takes a dev to code new stuff for houses comes at the expense of other game fixes, and there are lists of bugs.

Houses were (we thought) just going to be a vanity of sorts, then it turned out not so popular, so they add all these other mechanics (we didn't ask for) to try to make us want them.

If homes aren't popular then I think the devs should just admit it - and let it die off.

It's silly to roll out something then when it turns out unpopular to continue to make it more complicated to try to make us want what most didn't want to begin with.

This is a hack and slash not sims or avakin.
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 07-18-2016 at 07:15 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    The reason I don't want to see house ideas expanded on is that this game has limited bandwidth. Every bit of coding needed to expand homes will take away something else in the long run.
    One of the reasons this game doesn't have rotating cameras is this limitation. Even the time it takes a dev to code new stuff for houses comes at the expense of other game fixes, and there are lists of bugs.

Houses were (we thought) just going to be a vanity of sorts, then it turned out not so popular, so they add all these other mechanics (we didn't ask for) to try to make us want them.

If homes aren't popular then I think the devs should just admit it - and let it die off.

It's silly to roll out something then when it turns out unpopular to continue to make it more complicated to try to make us want what most didn't want to begin with.

This is a hack and slash not sims or second life.
    Well, nice point, but, do you already heard "if you are in hell, hug the devil"? Houses are here! We cant forget this, have a new class of item in CS and new quests, new drops everywhere! Why do not improve this? I m almost buying plat for the first time just to buy a Tavern but i m waiting something more. I never played "The Sims" before but i understand your fear about the game change totally, keep calm...this will not happen! We have a lot of brillant people working behid the game, they made ALL this, they can in a blink change everything. If the game starts two be a "The Sims" like you said, they can put new quests to do, its not House vs Run...I totally agree with you said about Hack n' Slash.

I have a lot of friends who reach everything and quit, why? "the game its always the same, run run and run, i already get almost of aps, when they launch a new cap i back, or not" they said...

And i think the community dont recevied the Housing System like should be coz theres something wrong with upkeep prices, devs told they are working on it

Thanks for the feedback! Luck in Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

This is a hack and slash not sims or avakin.
    They can rotate cameras! Hahaha i already see Remiem doing this. I just dont know why we cant. Hmmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

No I hadn't heard your "when in hell" quote b4 but coincidentally my bracelet says
    "when in Rome, kill the emperor. "

I'll answer your question;
    "Why not improve this" (houses)

Answer because the game isn't balanced there are bugs to fix and one entire class needs devs attention to be relevant.

If your friends got bored and left due to lack of content I doubt they'll come back to stand around and chat when there are apps like line and kik that do a better job than "mailboxes"
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 07-18-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

This would be a more "whos famous/more liked/ type of lb. large guilds could easily dominate this, and yes smart players could indeed exploit this. Leave houses as is, throw a house party with door prizes
    Avy
    12-2012

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

No I hadn't heard your "when in hell" quote b4 but coincidentally my bracelet says
    "when in Rome, kill the emperor. "

I'll answer your question;
    "Why not improve this" (houses)

Answer because the game isn't balanced there are bugs to fix and one entire class needs devs attention to be relevant.

If your friends got bored and left due to lack of content I doubt they'll come back to stand around and chat when there are apps like line and kik that do a better job than "mailboxes"
    "When in Rome, kill the emperor" sounds awesome to me hahaha! I ll use this! Here they always said to hug the devil...

You really hate the House idea right? Hahaha no problem! You are not wrong, the game really need be fixed, balanced..a lot of pvp dramma these day uhunn? Haha @.@ as Rogue, i want the Rogue Era again..i cant lie, but i dont think its good let the houses die, we need everything working well...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    This would be a more "whos famous/more liked/ type of lb. large guilds could easily dominate this, and yes smart players could indeed exploit this. Leave houses as is, throw a house party with door prizes
    Hmmm true, thats why so hard make something work in AL, the abuse zzzzz
    Thanks for the feedback Ava

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sasamon For This Useful Post: