Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the botters for life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Default Ban the botters for life

Hi again!!

Idk about other players trying hard to protect their spots on the LB but one thing I do know.... It's completely unfair of sts to make us compete against the players who indulge in botting! There are many of us who wouldn't dream to compromise our integrity while aiming for top spots on the lb but it seems we are the minority and nothing has been done to correct this very controversial yet morally simple issue of cheating by sts!!

If there are any other honest pvers out there who actually take pride in earning every kill with their fingers, or thumbs, please give a shout out here!!!

Right now I am standing at the entrance of Kraag Tombs 2 and watching the unresponsive toon of a Leaderboard player go in and out every few seconds making 15 kills per round...I believe that's the count! Now, this kind of irreprehensible behavior has gone on long enough in our game!!

Instead of focusing on all the new and inventive ways to make platinum purchases higher, maybe sts should focus on many age-old problems that already exist in the game .... Problems previous moderators have promised solutions towards but never delivered!

Let's here it for the integrity of this great game!!

Thanks,

Msleo

2. The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I agree. There really needs to be someone at STS who can investigate these things. Perhaps a special email address where you can send any bottling accusations to and they can then investigate the player. I'm sure if they were to investigate, they could easily tell who is botting and who is not.

I often times run the same dungeon over and over again, but my movement patterns would be slightly different on each run. If the movement patterns are identical on multiple runs, that means botting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I agree. There really needs to be someone at STS who can investigate these things. Perhaps a special email address where you can send any bottling accusations to and they can then investigate the player. I'm sure if they were to investigate, they could easily tell who is botting and who is not.

I often times run the same dungeon over and over again, but my movement patterns would be slightly different on each run. If the movement patterns are identical on multiple runs, that means botting.
    Agreed!!

Plus, I often go in and out of tombs fast too but always in party with one of my own crafting alts or in solo party...and I answer every pm sent to me unless I've fallen asleep!!

It should be a simple thing for sts to spot the botters in pve and dummy farmers in pvp after all these seasons of doing nothing !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

In my opinion, the right thing is for them to get banned. Considering that its been a couple weeks after a fairly large public outcry over a certain video brimming with proof, and no action has been taken, i can assume that the devs dont really care. It's injustice. Completely unfair and it toys with the integrity of the game.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Hi again!!

Idk about other players trying hard to protect their spots on the LB but one thing I do know.... It's completely unfair of sts to make us compete against the players who indulge in botting! There are many of us who wouldn't dream to compromise our integrity while aiming for top spots on the lb but it seems we are the minority and nothing has been done to correct this very controversial yet morally simple issue of cheating by sts!!

If there are any other honest pvers out there who actually take pride in earning every kill with their fingers, or thumbs, please give a shout out here!!!

Right now I am standing at the entrance of Kraag Tombs 2 and watching the unresponsive toon of a Leaderboard player go in and out every few seconds making 15 kills per round...I believe that's the count! Now, this kind of irreprehensible behavior has gone on long enough in our game!!

Instead of focusing on all the new and inventive ways to make platinum purchases higher, maybe sts should focus on many age-old problems that already exist in the game .... Problems previous moderators have promised solutions towards but never delivered!

Let's here it for the integrity of this great game!!

Thanks,

Msleo
    +1000000000000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    In my opinion, the right thing is for them to get banned. Considering that its been a couple weeks after a fairly large public outcry over a certain video brimming with proof, and no action has been taken, i can assume that the devs dont really care. It's injustice. Completely unfair and it toys with the integrity of the game.
    I agree... Cheating is cheating. Botting, farming plat, dummy farming, sharing/selling accounts are all a banable offense, but due to lack of bans on players botting and dummy farming,players see it as a free pass to bott or dummy farm (up until recently on the dummy farming, one did see repercussions of his/her illegal actions) As long as a lb exisits with top players of simple exploitable pvp & pve kills there will be dummy farmers & botters.

In closing, I am impressed with STSs recent actions on stopping a dummy farmer!
    Last edited by Avaree; 07-20-2016 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Added the underlined words,
    Avy
    12-2012

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    I didn't see too much of that video but what I did witness was actionable yet no action has been taken!!

It's great to make the elite maps so they cannot be botted but what about pves in normal tombs or pvp kills against actual opponents fighting back instead of being on a repetitive program or in a combative room where there is an actual fight??

Is sts going to allow botters to rule our leader boards, or will players actually have to answer to their less than respectable behavior?!

That has been the question for at least 6 seasons!!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Who that super mom ? Hahaha :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    Ok, now that's more of a flirt than a post xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    Oh. The dummy farmer is here .

Sent from my 8050E using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

I've been posting the same thing before that I don't get why leaderboarders' accounts are not being consistently checked by STS, especially I wish they'd clean off cheaters from leaderboards before granting banners!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

sadly, kill stats is always prone to bot/dummy, and to be sure, botting case have to be solved case by case, and watching hundred thousands of players is not easy.

stopping giving rewards for these stats can also help, imo.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

+ 1, and agree with Ava, these days I saw an mage with 40k+ kills and 100 Deaths in CTF, I asked him about dummy farmer and he told me "well, 70% of the LB are doing that, I have no chance without doing the same, if STS dont ban them, why they would ban me?" I got like "-.- what the hell" but its not lie...no punish will make players have no fear of doing illegal things..

<3 Msleo i saw you in tombs!
    Last edited by Sasamon; 07-20-2016 at 02:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

So few people left who still play with banners season 5 and below
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sasamon View Post
    + 1, and agree with Ava, these days I saw an mage with 40k+ kills and 100 Deaths in CTF, I asked him about dummy farmer and he told me "well, 70% of the LB are doing that, I have no chance without doing the same, if STS dont ban them, why they would ban me?" I got like "-.- what the hell" but its not lie...no punish will make players have no fear of doing illegal things..

<3 Msleo i saw you in tombs!
    Haha!! I'm always in tombs or swapping up for some crate farming but I'm definitely right there present using my extraordinarily callloused left middle finger to navigate while using my other hand to tap tap tap!!! This awesome game actually helped me to regain strength and movement back into my left hand and shoulder after a horrendous break in half of my ball bone of my left shoulder and arm!! It took me over 6 months back starting in November 2012 to even be able to move my fingers !!! The distraction and finger exercises were a welcome and healing relief!!!

Now, so many years and so many seasons later I am a much better healed player for having this game to turn to but I am still saddened, shocked, and mortified that the company I relied upon and trusted so much doesn't care enough to give the support needed by its loyal players to continue on in legend while preserving the integrity of all we once held dear and valuable in their wonderful game!
    Last edited by leoakre; 07-20-2016 at 02:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Hopefully STS keeps it up and removes those who continuously bot/farm/etc as they have recently done with a certain pvper. Baby steps people
    - (un) Retired -

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hail For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

its so easy to use farmbot hahaha
    i made my own bot just to try this...pffft you make 5k kills per hour

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nothing is done to avoid dummy farm and bot if sts starts caring a bit for this theme that ruins the game because some unskilled go and use cheap ways to get in lb, it's not only pve, pvp lb full of dummy farmers, sts put an option on report for bot/dummy farm and start giving bans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Well i do pve kills too. I do at kt4 and doing full round. Each round i get around i dunno maybe around 120-140 mobs in 1.40-1.50 minutes. Im not using any bots. Pure pve xD

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Mesti For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

So basically Arcane Legends or should I say the whole spacetime studios gaming company promotes cheating in their games?

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk