Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the botters for life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

If this is going on for years and STS does not make a move against it I think they dont consider this as cheating. Why dont we all promote botting from now on and lets see what STS's move will be.
    I value power, ambition, and DARKNESS
    Proud member of < Elite Runners >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Agreed. People who don't play the game fair should not be playing at all.
    Retired

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dogma For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I also would like to see STS do more about this. To begin with, there are not that many players on the leaderboard. You basically have CTF kills (75 players), TDM Kills (75 players), PvE Kills (75 players) and Top Players (75 players). And many of the players on these 4 leaderboards are on more than one. So the total will be considerably less than 300 players, I would guess probably around 100-150.

The other leaderboards, which are timed runs and flags, there is no way to bot or cheat your way to these. For the 100-150 players on the leaderboards, STS should do a quick review of those accounts at the end of each season and determine if any botting or other cheating took place, and then wipe the stats from any guilty players. Nobody who cheats should get a banner.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I also would like to see STS do more about this. To begin with, there are not that many players on the leaderboard. You basically have CTF kills (75 players), TDM Kills (75 players), PvE Kills (75 players) and Top Players (75 players). And many of the players on these 4 leaderboards are on more than one. So the total will be considerably less than 300 players, I would guess probably around 100-150.

The other leaderboards, which are timed runs and flags, there is no way to bot or cheat your way to these. For the 100-150 players on the leaderboards, STS should do a quick review of those accounts at the end of each season and determine if any botting or other cheating took place, and then wipe the stats from any guilty players. Nobody who cheats should get a banner.
    I doubt whether there are no ways of cheating in timed runs or flags and I agree that no banner should be granted to any cheater on the lb. We might need to define where cheating starts and to me it's any modification of the originally intended gameplay.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Because im sure autopotting and macro-keyed skill combinations never really happen.

It's best to either demolish that glamorized piece of virtual cardboard, or not give anything at all to anyone to feed their cheating egos
    Last edited by Zylx; 08-01-2016 at 06:00 AM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faliziaga View Post
    I doubt whether there are no ways of cheating in timed runs or flags and I agree that no banner should be granted to any cheater on the lb. We might need to define where cheating starts and to me it's any modification of the originally intended gameplay.
    Timed run and flags cannot be cheated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reiewaun View Post
    Timed run and flags cannot be cheated
    Are you sure?...
    We need party-option for raid! :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    sadly, kill stats is always prone to bot/dummy, and to be sure, botting case have to be solved case by case, and watching hundred thousands of players is not easy.

stopping giving rewards for these stats can also help, imo.
    You don't need to check all players... just those 75 on pve kill LB e.g.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    sometimes it would be nice to check all..

u forget people can get alts and farm stuff like km3, developers might nott think much of it but most updates are ruined faster for PvEers because of botters...

I would explain but I'm sure the forums is mature enough to understand that XD
    Indeed. Bot farmers are a pain the ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

he is sure, either misinformed or trying to misinform lels
    I won't spit toxic around, but kiddo if u have proof of that post it,I 2 years in this game, u might wanna explain us how those can be cheated zzzz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
    Disable AL on PC and it should stop the botting issue.
    Hahaha, that you acutely think removing PC compatibility would stop botting outright shows how dated your understanding of current tech is, & not only that but why the hell would any company narrow there player base & money stream for a leaderboard botting? No one that's who, because it's stupid to even think about doing something of that magnitude for something as stupid as a few botting acc's that trigger people who can't handle the fact that someone's beating them. But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    What a fresh and novel idea! Brilliant!

If you think people can't bot on mobile devices, you're a bit behind the times.
    Glad someone here understand the basic's lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

I won't spit toxic around, but kiddo if u have proof of that post it,I 2 years in this game, u might wanna explain us how those can be cheated zzzz
    Im in this game since it exists. We have a proof? no. If we had the proof we could as well ban those or ban ourselves by doing it and posting it. There definitely are things like Auto-pot and Skill-makros... Not bad if you never ever have to use pots, isn't it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I wont call out names, but there is a youtube video out there of some pretty well-known names timing arena. If you look closely, you can see that the mana does not actually drop, and the skill cooldowns are nullified because of the macro activating skills faster than the client percieves it.

There are also videos of a certain elite runner running maps with the same exact movements, skill timing, and everything.

So there are more things to bot than just kills. Flags can just be dummied. People arent playing ctf, they're playing "you can kill those people and ill flag to 4 and leave"

We just need to demolish the leaderboard.

#PullTheCordOnTheCheaterboard
    Last edited by Zylx; 08-02-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Arcane Legends Discord

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Pro dummy

Name:  Screenshot_2016-08-04-11-49-12.png
Views: 341
Size:  522.2 KB
    IGN: iatoz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    We just need to demolish the leaderboard.
    I can't speak for others, but the leaderboards is one of the things I most enjoy about AL. I work really hard and play many hours, and over the years I've earned 6 leaderboard banners, 4 for "Top Player", 1 for CTF Flags, and 1 for TDM Kills. I have never cheated even for one kill, and I'm proud of those banners.

If people are cheating, then STS should ban them. Yes, there will always be ways for someone to game the system. But if there is a penalty to pay if you are caught, then people may think twice before doing it. The big problem here is that at no time has STS openly said that farming kills is an offense you will get banned for.

Every time I log on, there is a little notice warning me not to give anyone my email or password. If there was a notice under that one that those cheating, botting or farming kills will be banned, then that would go a long way to reducing the number of cheaters.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Getting rid of botters is like trying to get rid of roaches.. you can't yell at them to leave and expect anything to happen.. you have to spray to get anything done

Now if you use the words "buy" and "Gold" in the same sentence you get a lifetime ban..and your device explodes..and a representative from sts comes to your house to kick your dog..

Now you think thay would be happy to apply some of that digital muscle to getting rid of players ho make it there lives work to cheet with every breath they take...

Ehhh..but what do I know..I'm just lookin for some cake
    Last edited by konafez; 08-04-2016 at 09:45 AM.

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

22. The Following User Says Thank You to konafez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

I can't speak for others, but the leaderboards is one of the things I most enjoy about AL. I work really hard and play many hours, and over the years I've earned 6 leaderboard banners, 4 for "Top Player", 1 for CTF Flags, and 1 for TDM Kills. I have never cheated even for one kill, and I'm proud of those banners.

If people are cheating, then STS should ban them. Yes, there will always be ways for someone to game the system. But if there is a penalty to pay if you are caught, then people may think twice before doing it. The big problem here is that at no time has STS openly said that farming kills is an offense you will get banned for.

Every time I log on, there is a little notice warning me not to give anyone my email or password. If there was a notice under that one that those cheating, botting or farming kills will be banned, then that would go a long way to reducing the number of cheaters.
    Agreed!

I enjoy the leader boards in AL also and have put in my due diligence to get there since Season 1. It would be a shame to completely wipe or remove the leader boards as many long time players who have worked hard to earn banners would most likely view that as a betrayal by sts of many years of effort put into the game ... it would be just as much of a betrayal of all that hard work as leaving the cheaters on the LB.

The LB unfortunately promotes cheating, but it also promotes fun and rewarding competition between players, and to remove one of the main goals of the game would take away the motivation of many players who strive to earn (and maintain) their positions, therefore removing the motivation to actually continue playing the game!

Why not remove the Super Bowl from football or the World Cup from soccer...hell, let's go ahead and ask All the competitive sports and gaming industries to remove their ultimate titles and prizes! There are cheaters everywhere in life but when they are accused or get caught then there are harsh consequences. Football players take steroids, poker players count cards, video gamers bot... if there are harsh penalties for those who cheat maybe it would deter the rate of recidivism amongst all who play any game competitively.

Strange how most who agree to remove the LB are not even on the LB, or even seem to care to be on the LB...
    Last edited by leoakre; 08-04-2016 at 05:35 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

In fact, leaderboard has been unfair since season 1, because it hasn't been resetted and Canadian and Australian people from closed beta have had an advantage over the rest and it was hard/almost impossible to make it to the top. And people have asked to reset lb every season to give others a chance to compete, but nothing has changed. 5-10k flags aps are kinda ridiculous, but in my opinion that doesn't justify to dummy/block room run them, only because others on lb might have done that.
    I am on leaderboard from 1-4, 8 (I quit al in between), I even got a season 1 pve kills banner, I liked the competition, none of my kill is botted, every pvp stat legitimately played and every flag is captured in a ctf game as it is meant to be played, since I am only Pveing atm I think I will be never get the 5k and 10 k flags. If STS is not able to remove cheaters from lb, then lb is a joke for me, when it makes ppl dummy/bot farm/script to be/stay on lb, it doesn't mean anything than being suspected of cheating and I wouldn't mind if leaderboards were removed.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

To be honest, the leaderboards in their current state bring nothing but drama. Lack of action on STS' part has caused the LB to be a free-for-all "who can bot faster". I appreciate them for resetting Cusigma's kills but what about everyone else on the LB?

Botting programs are really hard to distinguish in solo playthroughs, and even harder to prove. Rather than causing the headache of who's legit and who's not, the seasonal leaderboards need to go. The event leaderboards however can stay as they are actually impossible to bot.

Sadly, the botters have lowered my sense of respect for the leaderboards. I dont respect anyone i dont personally know. Sure there may be totally legitimate players, but they are overshadowed by people who take advantage of technology to get ahead. And with this, drama ensues because no one should have to compete with a computer program.

So there either needs to be an effective way to detect the presence of a botting program and ban the offender, or just remove the cheaterboard altogether. Because the leaderboards cause more trouble than they're worth.
    Last edited by Zylx; 08-04-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Arcane Legends Discord

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Sometimes what seems right to us isn't the correct path to take in the eyes of others.

Removing leaderboards will 100% make sure the core endgame farmers who have been playing legitimately and tirelessly from day one(or two or three...) will stop playing the game after the primary reason of them playing is removed. I do nott want that to happen, in my opinion this could ensure the death if the game.

It's either the players will eat away at each other and grow resentment among the botters and with STS and the game becomes a haven for macros and AI labor, STS removes the leaderboard altogether and relinquishes the problem as well as awake disinterest from everyone who enjoys seeing their name on a glorified piece of virtual cardboard, or STS finds someway to detect the presence of them and bans anyone who uses them. The only method without sacrificing anything would be the latter. The first creating a toxic community and the second creating disinterest not only for botters but for a slight handful of legit players.

Just because you don't personally know Mahatma Gandhi means you don't respect him? That's what you imply when you say "I don't respect anyone whom I don't know personally", unless you have a time machine I'm guessing you don't have respect for many of the historical figures whom we read sagas about.

Perhaps you misinterpreted, and perhaps i didnt quite make the context clear. I respect Gandhi as a wise philosopher, and i respect numerous historical figures for all of their contributions that has made the world the way it is today. And you are comparing them to people who are taking advantage of technology to fraudulently surpass people behind closed doors in an online game?

Your short breaks from game mean you forget one important thing, the biggest loss to this game due to botters is the economy. All the hard working farmers have their work cut out for them just because these botters only get the Es-tea-es rollback hammer for their kills, what about the thousands of millions of gold these botters are making? how will abolishing pvp solve that?

Whoa whoa whoa, hold up there slick. Who said anything about abolishing PvP? I have never said that. The leaderboard is a medium for cheaters. Its a piece of candy in a bowl of broccoli. Some people would plow right through to get the candy, some people would eat their way to the candy, and others enjoy eating the broccoli. The people who reach straight for the candy are going to be despised by the people who worked to eat their way to it. The same goes here. There is no competition between bots and humans. Its human vs human and bots vs bots. When you force bots and humans to compete against each other, you grow a toxic community out of an unfair string of deception and rage. People dont bot to farm gold or items, since the loot is randomly dropped. Whatever they do happen to blindly walk on happens while they are botting for the Lb.

I see only a bleak future for the game and the community when I try to imagine a game without a LBR.

I see a toxic future for the game and community if things keep going the way they are. The game wont be destroyed without a leaderboard. 90% of AL play the game recreationally to have fun with other players. There are people who enjoy creating and growing their wealth, people who enjoy killing other players in pvp, people who enjoy farming, and people who enjoy socializing. There is a reason why the leaderboards dont have much of diversity. Most people don't care to be on the LB, but are angered that players are claiming to be legit but are cheating to be recognized for what they dont rightfully deserve.
    My responses are bolded.
    Last edited by Zylx; 08-04-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Arcane Legends Discord