Thread: Suggestions: Booting, New Archer Skill, Final Skill, Self Combos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Exclamation Suggestions: Booting, New Archer Skill, Final Skill, Self Combos

I would like to propose four suggestions. If you disagree with my thoughts, please post below in a civil post. Do not post things like "Hate it.", "Great Idea!", "No". Give a reason. Otherwise your wating time posting.

Booting
    I would like to see Boot reasons to have AT LEAST 4 characters in them. No more "lol", ".", "soz". At least with the 4 character minimum, these people who use those above boot reasons would have to type "sorry" or something. At some times, I think people literally boot people for fun. One person booted me and one other person yesterday with a reason "Sewers"....Does that mean sorry but you use sewer gear? The host was using sewer gear as well. Did he mean go level in sewers? Well why should I? Theres a new campaign. Of course I wanna play it. And after the two boots, there was only 2 people in the group. The host and some other person. IMO two level 54s, a level 57 (host), and some other 56+ can do much more damage than without the 54s.

New Archer Skill
    I would like to see a new skill for archers. Meditate should be taken out. I want a skill that blocks aggro. All existing aggro would be under normal circumstances (eg: damage, taunt) but no new aggro can be gained from the user during the duration of the skill. I hate using my combo and IMMEDIATELY dieing. This could even be a 5 second duration skill with a 15 second cool down. At least I can combo in peace. Why this makes sense is that a good and smart bear (Yes, im looking at you) will use taunt right when they come in the room. For every rank increased, it would lower the mana usage. The skill at rank 1 could be like 30. In order to stop the comboing arcer from dieing, the bear would have to cast taunt later. Which would mess up the pull a little. Which would make them a bad bear (yes, im looking at you). Please give Avians this skill. Theres almost no way to combo in sewers (and now Nuri Hallows!) and live. Unless you use an elixir. I have never seen this problem with mages or bears. Please get this implemented. Dont let those zombies eat our squishy feathers.

New Skill for All Classes
    I would like to see a final skill for every class. It could be unlocked at level 40 or something. It would have to be charged up. Here is the charge up method

Archer- 1 point per kill
    Bear- 1 point per enemy killed by team that you gained aggro from
    Mage- 1 point per ?? group damage. Only Area of Effect damage would tick.

And there would be a secondary way to charge up.

Archer- 1/2 points per enemy killed by team that wasnt killed by you that you did damage to
    Bear- 1/2 point ?? Damage done to bear, not counting armor
    Mage- 1/points per ?? health healed on teammates

The new skill could be

Archer- Iron Feather! Increased Armor
    Bear- Skilled Eye! Hightened Hit Percent
    Mage- Graceful Healing! Higher Healing

All these buffs would last ?? seconds. A lot of players want to see a Charge Skill for the bear. im pretty sure they mean an atacking skill. But I cannot see how the other classes would be able to have an attacking skill. I wanted to focus on the weaknesses of the class. Bears sometimes lack hit percent. Archers are squishy. Mages? I couldnt think of a "weakness" for them. This would have to change for elixir users however. A character with an elxir would be able to gain "points" and use their final skill earlier. maybe reduce it? Or make it so only they could use the secondary way.

I decided to make up a final attacking skill for each class. Here it goes

Archer- Piercing Shot! All in one shot, Base Damage x3+Armor debuff
    Bear- Charge! ???+???+Keep Aggro for ?? Seconds
    Mage- Earthquake! Massive AOE Damage+Armor debuff

I like this better than the buff final skill. Also, this skill would not rank up like normal skills. You would have to actually have it gain xp. Each time you use it effectively, you get xp. There would be a cap to the skill in terms of level or rank.

Archer- +??% Damage per rank
    Bear- +??% Damage per rank, +?? Aggro Keep Seconds per rank
    Mage- +??% Damage per rank

Self Combos
    I would like so see Self Combos. Like if an Archer uses both his/her main buffs, it would trigger a combo that could give them a slight damage boost for maybe half the duration of the buffs. If a bear uses Iron Blood and Rage, it would trigger a hit percent boost for half the duration of the buffs. If a mage uses Bov and Bom within close proximity of each other, it would trigger a damage boost. It seems weird to have two classes get damage boost and one get a hit percent boost but it seems bears need it to be a better bear. Or maybe have the mage self combo give armor? Mage baffles me a little.

Please tell me what you think of my four suggestions!

If anybody want to contribute suggestions as to Percent for the Final Skills, please post and ill add and credit it in the thread. Thank you!
    Last edited by Register; 09-04-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

They all sound reasonably good. It might go into consideration.

But I fear even if it does get accepted, it could take forever to happen if not imperative that it is necessary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

@Booting:
    What about when you have a rusher coming at someone?
    I can't type: Sorry we don't allow rushers in my game" and let the victim die.
    @Final Combo:
    It should be an all-screen clear attack.
    Does a lot of damage, multiple hits and only for PVE.

@Archer:
    Archers are already strong enough. Cruel blast? Focus? Break armor?
    Ahem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I would like to propose four suggestions. If you disagree with my thoughts, please post below in a civil post. Do not post things like "Hate it.", "Great Idea!", "No". Give a reason. Otherwise your wating time posting.

Booting
    I would like to see Boot reasons to have AT LEAST 4 characters in them. No more "lol", ".", "soz". At least with the 4 character minimum, these people who use those above boot reasons would have to type "sorry" or something. At some times, I think people literally boot people for fun. One person booted me and one other person yesterday with a reason "Sewers"....Does that mean sorry but you use sewer gear? The host was using sewer gear as well. Did he mean go level in sewers? Well why should I? Theres a new campaign. Of course I wanna play it. And after the two boots, there was only 2 people in the group. The host and some other person. IMO two level 54s, a level 57 (host), and some other 56+ can do much more damage than without the 54s.

New Archer Skill
    I would like to see a new skill for archers. Meditate should be taken out. I want a skill that blocks aggro. All existing aggro would be under normal circumstances (eg: damage, taunt) but no new aggro can be gained from the user during the duration of the skill. I hate using my combo and IMMEDIATELY dieing. This could even be a 5 second duration skill with a 15 second cool down. At least I can combo in peace. Why this makes sense is that a good and smart bear (Yes, im looking at you) will use taunt right when they come in the room. For every rank increased, it would lower the mana usage. The skill at rank 1 could be like 30. In order to stop the comboing arcer from dieing, the bear would have to cast taunt later. Which would mess up the pull a little. Which would make them a bad bear (yes, im looking at you). Please give Avians this skill. Theres almost no way to combo in sewers (and now Nuri Hallows!) and live. Unless you use an elixir. I have never seen this problem with mages or bears. Please get this implemented. Dont let those zombies eat our squishy feathers.
    If I'm the host of my game I can boot whomever I please. If I don't like your hat I should be able to boot you. It is MY GAME. I created it and you joined it. If you dont want to be booted make your won game. I regularly make games open so my friends can rejoin it fast. Sometimes it's only 3 in the game and my other friends aren't there yet and when you are on a pot you don't want to waste time typing in a password every time. To my knowledge, no one can boot from public games( ones created by walking through a portal or joined via continue ). If you're so soft skinned and so unliked that you can't get your own party of 5 to run the new maps, it's not my problem. Some players like it all warm and fuzzy and some of us like to have fun with their friends rather than random treehuggers. We(my friends) go as far as sharing the drops by giving them to the correct class. No I don't want you in my game, no you can not have my drops, and no you can cry me a river before I even consider letting you in the next run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

And no I am not legit?
    Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Meditate is very handy in the new campaign, when you are suffering from mana drain. A big no (just my opinion) to ditching meditate. And not trying to be sarcastic, but I rarely die after using Cruel Blast...I usually follow it with Thorn Root and back up slightly, especially if a mage is hitting Lightning for Nature Strike...and potting like a fiend sometimes :P

Overall you have good ideas, but instead of ditching a skill, maybe creating a couple new ones for each class that can lead to different builds and not necessarily being able to use all of one's skills.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaarataka View Post
    If I'm the host of my game I can boot whomever I please. If I don't like your hat I should be able to boot you. It is MY GAME. I created it and you joined it. If you dont want to be booted make your won game. I regularly make games open so my friends can rejoin it fast. Sometimes it's only 3 in the game and my other friends aren't there yet and when you are on a pot you don't want to waste time typing in a password every time. To my knowledge, no one can boot from public games( ones created by walking through a portal or joined via continue ). If you're so soft skinned and so unliked that you can't get your own party of 5 to run the new maps, it's not my problem. Some players like it all warm and fuzzy and some of us like to have fun with their friends rather than random treehuggers. We(my friends) go as far as sharing the drops by giving them to the correct class. No I don't want you in my game, no you can not have my drops, and no you can cry me a river before I even consider letting you in the next run.
    Actually, people have been given penalty for booting with rude reason. So most of the time, it is suggested to give legitimate reason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

By charge, we mean a skill that excellerates our speed to get us within our skill range.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Who hurt you, man? Who hurt you so bad that you can't ever trust again?

Haha, If you feel that strongly about it, you probably really should be locking your games. Just sayin'. Unless you do, your games are considered public to a certain extent. That's why a password option exists. If your friends are coming and going from the game so much that taking literally 1 second to type a simple password is too much to handle, maybe you're not getting all that much done in the first place. It's certainly your right to boot, as you said, but not only is it basic common courtesy to make an effort (even a minimal one) at giving a reason, you also risk getting reported if you don't. Again, locked games exist to avoid these hassles altogether.

Plus, don't be quick to rule out making news friends, because I think you'd be surprised. Trading drops is not that big of a deal. I've done that plenty of times even in public games. The average player doesn't care about stuff that's not their class.
    Last edited by McBain; 09-04-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Who hurt you, man? Who hurt you so bad that you can't ever trust again?

Haha, If you feel that strongly about it, you probably really should be locking your games. Just sayin'. Unless you do, your games are considered public to a certain extent. That's why a password option exists. If your friends are coming and going from the game so much that taking literally 1 second to type a simple password is too much to handle, maybe you're not getting all that much done in the first place. It's certainly your right to boot, as you said, but not only is it basic common courtesy to make an effort (even a minimal one) at giving a reason, you also risk getting reported if you don't. Again, locked games exist to avoid these hassles altogether.

Plus, don't be quick to rule out making news friends, because I think you'd be surprised. Trading drops is not that big of a deal. I've done that plenty of times even in public games. The average player doesn't care about stuff that's not their class.
    Please refrain from making assumptions about me, thank you.

I feel that making a game and being able to boot who i wish when i wish is my right. If you don't like it, go find your own game. As for being banned for such an offense, that sounds ludicrous. Trading drops that are worth over a million gold isn't all that common, regardless of what you say. There is a large community of players that run only with their friends. I'm one of them and I'll boot you even if you're on one of my friends friends list if they haven't asked me. That's how it is.

As for friends, you wish you had mine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

As for the rest of your suggestions they look interesting but need to be tested in pvp. Personally I think they should raise lvl cap on spells to 7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Overall you have good ideas, but instead of ditching a skill, maybe creating a couple new ones for each class that can lead to different builds and not necessarily being able to use all of one's skills.
    hehe if I did that I would have to make up a new skill for every class :P
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Please refrain from making assumptions about me, thank you.

I feel that making a game and being able to boot who i wish when i wish is my right. If you don't like it, go find your own game. As for being banned for such an offense, that sounds ludicrous. Trading drops that are worth over a million gold isn't all that common, regardless of what you say. There is a large community of players that run only with their friends. I'm one of them and I'll boot you even if you're on one of my friends friends list if they haven't asked me. That's how it is.

As for friends, you wish you had mine.
    Hey man, I'm not disagreeing with you. Do what you want. I'm just telling you how it is.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

No it has to be more then one word and at least 5 letters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

A password can be as simple as one letter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I support this thread. That is all. Simple.

Oh yea, you did hit the weakness of Mage pretty well, so buffing Heal would be nice. I noticed that Heal doesn't heal much more than a health pot around 50, even for full int and maxed skill.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 09-06-2011 at 03:40 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

People on the new map boot a lot! I'm lv57 and was 56 for a long time and I get booted from the new map all the time in full Sword & Shield Fortified with reason lolz and haha and no and nah all the time... I just pm them and say next time lock your game

As for the people who are 60-61 and boot me and say "noob", really me a noob for not being able to power lv and buy pots?? Dude I play with no pots cuz I don't feel the need to max lv in a day :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Sorry but boot reason is always going to be a problem... Even with more chars folks would boot for reason: dfjhrjhkiwejghtfwgtfipwqgftiyuwqiprgfwipqugfipwerq gfiupwqpuguiwerqgfu!!.