Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Updates: Proposed Balance Changes PART 2 (7/22/2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Shiny, there are plenty of rogues that want to PvP. Use them.
    I play with randoms and i believe you're mistaking me for someone else? lol
    Last edited by Deathclaw; 07-23-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I agree. Let's try it I see what happends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
    This mage/tank stacking issue didn't exist 1-2months ago all of a sudden it became a issue.
    Tank stacking has always existed in PvP. Its just not that big a deal. It can be countered using a team with class diversity.

Stacking mages with tanks was already an issue in PvP BEFORE the rogue class got their armor value nerfed. The nerf just allowed that issue to become more apparent.

Mage stacking became the new fad after the mage class received a very significant buff to the arcane shield and their heal skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    Not unless everyone gets behind it....it's the best option there will be teams made up of every class and no more stacking any class
    That would balance it out and actually improve the feedback from all three classes as they'd all be utilized in a clash and we could spot if a class is doing less than the others....this isn't about your friends joining a room this is about balance and if that means getting rid of a few clashes where it's you and your friends oh well, it's time for balance
    Class restrictions are not a viable solution for the simple reason that you'd be denying a player the ability to play/participate just because they happen to be the wrong class at the wrong time. It would also exacerbate inter-class tensions.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reiewaun View Post
    Want my suggestion sts?No nerfs no nothing
    NEW ROGUE ARMOR AND HELM WITH GOOD AMOUNT OF HP AND ARMOR!!!
    Everyone will be fine, if other classes still cry change game, we are still using 46 underhul set,and we on. 56 lvl cap 4 months now. Jesus!!!!!
    On my war in bought new helm and armor with great amount of armor.
    If that's not the solution what is it??? We missing survivability, I am fine with my damage
    There's 56 gears for rogue and once again they want to increase the cannon not the glass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post
    Class restrictions are not a viable solution for the simple reason that you'd be denying a player the ability to play/participate just because they happen to be the wrong class at the wrong time. It would also exacerbate inter-class tensions.
    Can't be much worse than what were going through right now endless buffs and nerfs

Like seriously when's it gonna end?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I play with randoms and i believe you're mistaking me for someone else? lol
    No idea how Death turned into Shiny, my bad on the auto correct.

This mage/tank stacking issue didn't exist 1-2months ago all of a sudden it became a issue.
    It did exist, it just wasn't as known and therefore not as widely abused.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

1. Make Nox Poison Immune to Curse + Increase Nox Poison to 3x. That would mean it is doing roughly 550 damage per tick.
    2. Increase rogue survivability via small damage buff and damage reduction buff to razor.
    3. Nerf Sorcerer Damage
    4. Increase Rogue Aimed Shot capabilities

VroomIGOfast stated in chatbox last night that he does not want to implement class restriction because it hinders people from playing together.
    If they do this
    It won't be blance at all
    rogues will be super powerful
    Please vroom don't do it -.-

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Saud For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    Can't be much worse than what were going through right now endless buffs and nerfs

Like seriously when's it gonna end?
    I don't think class restrictions will ever happen. The coding would be a substantial investment and the risk that it would have to be discontinued or redone again is high. The nerfs/buffs will end when true balance is achieved. We are almost there imo.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Windmoore city waiting for honor ranked queue
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

There something called timing, the rouge can avoid the curse ability if he waits patiently till the curse wears out or uses a pet such as nilbog to remove curse.
    LOL IF YOU CAN SURVIVE 3+ LIGHTNINGS you are better than any rogue I've ever seen...it's impossible to survive a Mage through 4 combos. Impossible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

If rouges want survivability rouges should gain their normal armor back that's a reasonable proposal which shouldn't effect the balance at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

If rouges want survivability rouges should gain their normal armor back that's a reasonable proposal which shouldn't effect the balance at all.
    Their original armor was one of the factors that broke pvp the first time which is why it was nerfed to make the class more like its supposed to be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Perhaps it's just that sorcerers do way too much damage in the first place. The way I look at it is developers have these options:

1. Make Nox Poison Immune to Curse + Increase Nox Poison to 3x. That would mean it is doing roughly 550 damage per tick.
    2. Increase rogue survivability via small damage buff and damage reduction buff to razor.
    3. Nerf Sorcerer Damage
    4. Increase Rogue Aimed Shot capabilities

That would make the rouge the most overpowered class in game which will effect the balance of the game, aim shot already has the fastest cool down than any other skill in game, sorcerer damage already has been nerfed in the past so i wouldn't recommend touching on that. immunity to curse sounds ridiculous that's basically taking the skill away and making it completely useless. There is already a pet that has the ability to remove curse , two pets actually which is misty and nilbog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Kk this is what I propose based on what Zeus proposed in regards to buffing rogues nerfing mage dmg.
    1. Nerf rogue aim shot by 50%
    2. Nerf aim shot by increasing the cd of the skill by 45 sec
    3. Buff mage dmg by 30% and give mages involuntary for 10 sec
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Shelllz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Name:  Sin título.png
Views: 130
Size:  1.46 MB

This picture shows perfectly how a Group of 2 Rogues + 1 Mage + 1 Tank Full Arcane can't beat a group of 2 Tanks and 2 Mages.

The score was 4 - 14 ( Our favor ) before mage join ( Used to be 2 rogues in their side ), now rogues are useless even at 1V1, I'd love to play agaisn't a developer, QC's Tester or Designer.

That would shows us why they can't get the idea of our rol.

I am pretty upset because I don't get the vision of developer, at the moment a Mage can beat really easy a rogue at 56 and tanks are way stronger than us.

I got an idea why this is happening, a Mage > Warrior, Mage > Rogue, Why?

* Mage's shield is got several buff including a really high damage absorbsion ( 75% Damage reduction + Upgrade Mastery around 85%)+ Impairing effect, this longs around 15 Seconds

* Warrior's Juggernaut can reduce an insane amount of damage ( Higher than 65% ) + Impairing Effects + ( VB ) More Streng + Heal Over time when their life is low + More Armor

* Rogue's Razor shield can Absorb 0 damage ( 10% with mastery ) + Impairing Effects

[b]As you can see, the survality of rogue is too low and that along the inmense damage by warriors with the Unfixed Dragon HUnter Sword and the unreview damage output by mage are making the rogues the lower class.

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Valkiryas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiryas View Post

This picture shows perfectly how a Group of 2 Rogues + 1 Mage + 1 Tank Full Arcane can't beat a group of 2 Tanks and 2 Mages.

The score was 4 - 14 ( Our favor ) before mage join ( Used to be 2 rogues in their side ), now rogues are useless even at 1V1, I'd love to play agaisn't a developer, QC's Tester or Designer.

I am pretty upset because I don't get the vision of developer, at the moment a Mage can beat really easy a rogue at 56 and tanks are way stronger than us.

* Mage's shield is got several buff including a really high damage absorbsion ( 75% Damage reduction + Upgrade Mastery around 85%)+ Impairing effect, this longs around 15 Seconds

* Warrior's Juggernaut can reduce an insane amount of damage ( Higher than 65% ) + Impairing Effects + ( VB ) More Streng + Heal Over time when their life is low + More Armor

* Rogue's Razor shield can Absorb 0 damage ( 10% with mastery ) + Impairing Effects

[b]As you can see, the survality of rogue is too low and that along the inmense damage by warriors with the Unfixed Dragon HUnter Sword and the unreview damage output by mage are making the rogues the lower class.
    Get better tanks and mages.....just saying. The people in your team kinda suck........ofc you can't win. It's like putting Zeus vs a gearless nab. Your team needed another tank not 2 rogues. It's a gimme 2 rogues 1 tank 1 mage can't beat 2 tanks 2 mages. But 2 tank 1 rogue 1 mage can beat 2 tanks 2 mages. Why are u even showing ss of 1 tank 2 rogues 1 mage vs 2 tanks 2 mages? Ur not making your point any stronger just looking silly.

Last edited by Shelllz; 07-23-2016 at 08:33 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Shelllz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shelllz View Post
    Get better tanks and mages.....just saying. The people in your team kinda suck........ofc you can't win.

No, our team have good player's buddy, and their team too, should be a 1/1 rol, instead that they got 20 kills and we just 1 since rogues leave.

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

No, our team have good player's buddy, and their team too, should be a 1/1 rol, instead that they got 20 kills and we just 1 since rogues leave.
    Ok Ms. 4.5k crit lvl 46 mage. Whatever u say. I'll just nod.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I don't see how giving rogues more DoT damage is going to help. It's can be countered with curse and Jug (though realistically, not sure how many mages really use curse - it has easily been countered for several seasons by rogues, thus using it at endgame is a waste IMO. So it's hard for me to buy the curse argument the rogues here are playing...)

To me the issue for rogues is the same it was for us mages for a LONG time: survivability and contribution. If you can't survive and you can't contribute you will be replaced.

Give them something that will increase survivability - packs that heal much more over time, more packs, add armor to razor, etc. To help them contribute, up their damage a tad. Turn off KDR and test it for a week or two days to see if it works. There is no magic pill for this, it's going to take time.

All of that said I'm tired of reading attacks and outright entitled attitudes here and throughout the forums the last few weeks. Gary, Vroom, Cara and the rest of the STS team is doing a hell of a job.

Oh, and please anything but class restrictions for PVP. There is a solution, just not that.

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Otahaanak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Gear also plays a huge factor in game don't forget that , rouges are also far superior in 1vs1 against rouges it all depends on your gear and skill.