Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should we "Reduce" the Level Cap/XP for New Players?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Lol leveling is very easy if you work hard for it, and one of the aspect of an rpg game is leveling this make the game interesting and make the player strive for something that will take too long not an easy life. It seems like this is your 1st time rpg game or you are an amateur , there are some rpg game that hard to lvl , some of them will take a week before you can lvl or a days and they are popular so im fully disagree in reducing the cap , it will make the game boring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I would love it if the plat auto-lvl up would be removed, it ruins the point of the game. Makes it less enjoyable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

The main aspect of a mmorpg is and should be, playing the game - in other words expansion and events, and not in a boring level grindfest. I did not find it appealing or fun. I found levelling up from 46-56 agonising even with the XP buffs, plus when you have a busy RL grind, it makes it even more tedious.

I don't know how some of you guys found it fun. I jumped up and punched the air when I eventually reached level 56. DAMN!
    Last edited by Terminhater; 07-26-2016 at 10:54 AM.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminhater View Post
    The main aspect of a mmorpg is and should be, playing the game, and not in a boring level grindfest. I did not find it appealing or fun. I found levelling up from 46-56 agonising even with the XP buffs, plus when you have a busy RL grind, it makes it even more tedious.

I don't know how some of you guys found it fun. I jumped up and punched the air when I eventually reached level 56. DAMN!

I too have a busy life, but I've played other games where it took days to lvl. To me lvling from 46-56 was not that hard basically I ran the new maps over and over with random strangers for the most part. MMORGs have always been about grinding, nothing magically happens in a day. If you want some fast pace action I suggest call of duty or some other genre of games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melthyz View Post
    I too have a busy life, but I've played other games where it took days to lvl. To me lvling from 46-56 was not that hard basically I ran the new maps over and over with random strangers for the most part. MMORGs have always been about grinding, nothing magically happens in a day. If you want some fast pace action I suggest call of duty or some other genre of games.
    I too ran the new maps over and over til I got bored and still knowing I've got tons and tons more of tedious levelling up.

Mmorpg have not always been about grinding for what seems like eternity, levelling has been part of the game but not the main reason we play it. I play to enjoy the new expansion, gain new armours and weapons, fight interesting mobs and bosses. This is what I believe is the main reason of a mmorpg and not making levelling a tedious chore.

If STS says levelling is the main reason they make this game or is its core, then yeah perhaps I need to play a fast paced game.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 07-26-2016 at 11:10 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I too ran the new maps over and over til I got bored and still knowing I've got tons and tons more of tedious levelling up.
    Mmorpg have not always been about grinding for what seems like eternity, levelling has been part of the game but not the main reason we play it. I play to enjoy the new expansion, gain new armours and weapons, fight interesting mobs and bosses. This is what I believe is the main reason of a mmorpg and not totally making levelling a grindfest.

If STS says levelling is the main reason they make this game, then yeah perhaps I need to play a fast paced game.
    Well it's not all about lvling, 46-56 took me about a week and I have a full time job with a family. Don't over dramatized lvling, it's not that difficult. There is a light at the end of the tunnel it's call "Capped". Besides at what pace you want to lvl is entirely up to u.

What annoys me more than anything are people who refuses to invest time into lvling and request help over and over again. If you're not willing to invest time into ur character dun come wasting mine.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Melthyz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Well it's not all about lvling, 46-56 took me about a week and I have a full time job with a family. Don't over dramatized lvling, it's not that difficult. There is a light at the end of the tunnel it's call "Capped". Besides at what pace you want to lvl is entirely up to u.

What annoys me more than anything are people who refuses to invest time into lvling and request help over and over again. If you're not willing to invest time into ur character dun come wasting mine.
    There's no over dramatisation, it's called an opinion. My opinion is levelling was boring and tedious.

I have invested time, but it seems too much focus was made in making levelling a laborious task, again my opinion.

Who's wasting your time ? You chimed in disagreeing with me in a passive aggressive manner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

There's no over dramatisation, it's called an opinion. My opinion is levelling was boring and tedious.

I have invested time, but it seems too much focus was made in making levelling a laborious task, again my opinion.

Who's wasting your time ? You chimed in disagreeing with me in a passive aggressive manner.
    If it was so "laborious" why did you do it? You can make a case that running any maps for X amount of time is consider "laborious".

My last statement was not directed at u, I have received many requests to "carry" a lower lvl thru Elite Gnomish or even reqular Gnomish before. Those are the type of people I'm referring to.

Once again, I'm just disagreeing with your opinions with opinions of my own, this is after all a forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

If it was so "laborious" why did you do it? You can make a case that running any maps for X amount of time is consider "laborious".

My last statement was not directed at u, I have received many requests to "carry" a lower lvl thru Elite Gnomish or even reqular Gnomish before. Those are the type of people I'm referring to.

Once again, I'm just disagreeing with your opinions with opinions of my own, this is after all a forum.
    To play the new expansion, one has to level up, this is why I laboriously levelled up.

Disagreeing is one thing but being passive aggressive and telling someone to go play some other game is another thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

To play the new expansion, one has to level up, this is why I laboriously levelled up.

Disagreeing is one thing but being passive aggressive and telling someone to go play some other game is another thing.
    Well it was merely a suggestion, I didn't want to indulge you into such "laborious/tedious" actions. Some of us consider it fun part of MMORGs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Well it was merely a suggestion, I didn't want to indulge you into such "laborious/tedious" actions. Some of us consider it fun part of MMORGs.
    Thank you, you're so kind and enjoy your future levelling endeavours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Ofc tombs are boring!! That's why I watch TV or listen to music while pveing...easy as pie tombs so no need to look much while running!!

Now put your training pants on and gogo!

XD
    I think it's fundamentally wrong that you have to entertain yourself with something else while playing a game, which in itself should be fun...
    There has to be something to keep new players from leveling up too quickly, but it shouldn't be just tombs (let's admit it, without tombing it would take ages to reach lvl 56) in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vvildfire View Post
    I think it's fundamentally wrong that you have to entertain yourself with something else while playing a game, which in itself should be fun...
    There has to be something to keep new players from leveling up too quickly, but it shouldn't be just tombs (let's admit it, without tombing it would take ages to reach lvl 56) in my opinion.
    I agree with you, that the game should entertain and you should not look for other sources of entertainment while playing a game - haha writing that alone made me feel weird. I think though that the idea was to let players run the new maps and level up while standing a chance to loot highly-priced items (antignome gear). Some of my friends levelled up in the new maps, though they took a longer time to cap than most who grinded in kraag tombs. I guess the challenge here is to make the new expansion replayable enough- provide better loot or make the maps more entertaining so that levelling won't be such a drag.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    I agree with you, that the game should entertain and you should not look for other sources of entertainment while playing a game - haha writing that alone made me feel weird. I think though that the idea was to let players run the new maps and level up while standing a chance to loot highly-priced items (antignome gear). Some of my friends levelled up in the new maps, though they took a longer time to cap than most who grinded in kraag tombs. I guess the challenge here is to make the new expansion replayable enough- provide better loot or make the maps more entertaining so that levelling won't be such a drag.
    I do agree with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vvildfire View Post
    For a normal player who doesn't care about pves thru running tombs, I'm in agreement. For a player like myself who actually has to invest alot of time and effort into the continuous repetitive running because I know it will help secure my position on the leaderboard, I find having a distraction is best!

I was not suggesting you live in the tombs, only suggesting that if you find the grinding of lvling too tedious to bare that maybe watching a show while you level up would be a help!

Please don't misconstrue a helpful suggestion!

Lvling up is such a small part of this game! Like all worthwhile things, a little effort is needed to get to the truly challenging and fun things here!

It's really not that hard.

Thanks,
    Msleo
    Last edited by leoakre; 07-27-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Safyboo >.>

You know me well enough to know what I meant xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Leveling is fine, stop trying to make the game too easy.. After grinding xp, you can proudly show off your new pve kills and max level cap.

Don't think about leveling, just play maps scaled to your level. Eventually you'll max out.

Enjoy the game, stop looking for the easy ways out and hand outs...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Safyboo >.>

You know me well enough to know what I meant xD
    I'm still looking Leoboo :/
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Geez. Dramasssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzz

Lets be thankful sts gave us an exp daily quest and it will only took 10-15mins. U earn like 4k+ exp dailies. Before we grind all the way to 56. Its hard but fun. When u hit 54 run in km3 random. Youll be leveling up fast then looting locks aswell.