Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Idea for Fixing Pures vs. Hybrids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The whole argument that the game should be based on skill and not how well an individual can build his or her(looking out for ya ladies) character is just ridiculous in an mmo it is always just as hard to build a character as it is to play it err well at least in the good mmo'swich is all opinion I guess but I think Chuck would agree with me so then it must be fact so yeah.

Izbar-Fnord 45 Enchantress BOO YAH!!!
    Izbart 45 Archer TWEET FREAKING TWEET!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you recheck I actually edited my post to change that comment, in no way do I think the game should be heavily skill based, but right now even when well played certain pure setups are far far too hard.

EDIT:

Holding a forum debate on an iPhone is very hard :-p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Lol agreed
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i like the thoth gear in pvp

paladin build didnt work in pvp at all before thoth gear, considering i had 0-1 mana regen a second i just didnt bother at all with pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like agreement on forums, it makes me happy and warm inside :-p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I feel warm as well how harmonic

Izbar-Fnord 45 Enchantress BOO YAH!!!
    Izbart 45 Archer TWEET FREAKING TWEET!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well at least we're all happy (at some point) on the forums, even if not in game :-p

Despite the problems (in m opinion) that I see ingame, it doesn't stop me from really enjoying it (little worried now my Enchantress is maxed that I'm running out of stuff to do)

Not to say that I'm not eagerly anticipating any magic the devs are cookin up ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    So once you have enough points allotted to equip best gear the game won't let you put any more points in that category? The only point I'm trying to make is that if you choose to play as a "pure" char great have fun. If you want more mana don't dump the hundred points in to dex.
    Hybridization as it has been defined in this game by the players over the past months is simple. Using the skills of one class with the gear of another. That's all I'm saying. I have no problem with hybrids and I love that there is at least some creativity possible, but there are serious balance issues that should not just be ignored. I'm just trying to keep the lingo straight so everybody knows what everybody is talking about.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ORRRRRRRRR they could hve 2 categories: pure and hybrid.
    Renumoth damage pot spamming, 91 dodge, sexy shiv bear
    Tjornan super ultra pink carrying, rich pally Mokugoja Pretty lame twink really
    Phoenix Guild. Rising From the Ashes
    "Im here to kick butt and drink milk. and i just finished my milk...." - ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Royce I get it the point I was attempting to make is that the game really is not geared toward a pure build and calling a char pure while mixing stats and then not being happy with the results and asking for changes seems a little silly from my pov.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Royce I get it the point I was attempting to make is that the game really is not geared toward a pure build and calling a char pure while mixing stats and then not being happy with the results and asking for changes seems a little silly from my pov.
    As far as I understand you here, you're basically saying the game is unbalanced and biased to hybrids but asking for change is unreasonable.

? :-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I really don't understand what you mean.
    Royce I get it the point I was attempting to make is that the game really is not geared toward a pure build
    so far so good
    and calling a char pure while mixing stats and then not being happy with the results and asking for changes seems a little silly from my pov.
    Huh? The point is that by taking enchantress skills and combining them with warrior gear you get something that is better in every way than a warrior (with all points in Str or mixed), and also better in every way than an enchantress (whether all Int or mixed). The same is true for bowbears, etc. What does what you are saying have to do with the conversation? I don't even understand where you're coming from. In no role playing game I have ever played was it considered normal to pour 100% of your attribute points into a single category, nor was that a necessary task to be considered a pure class in every way.

The point is dramatic imbalance. Do you not consider it a problem that a paladin has stronger attack, better armor, stronger spells, better mana regen, etc., etc. than a regular Int enchantress (whether 100% Int or mixed Int with some Dex/Str)? The only thing the Int mage has is maybe 30 more points of mana which mean nothing when a paladin has better regen. There will never be perfect balance, but it's obvious that the current situation is not quite acceptable. Balance doesn't have to be perfect, but class should not predict 95% of your success in PvP which it currently does.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like to think that if I was using an actual keyboard and not an iPhone I could have been bothered (and clever enough :-p) to explain it that well.

The only part I kinda disagree with is the pouring points into a single stat thing, yeah very silly in other games, but you could realistically split the PL stats into str/end, dex/agi & int/wis, making it not seem quite so bad.

However I think that's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, although I do like the idea of having 6 stats and just double the points to spend, but that's a whole other balancing issue to throw into the works like a big fat spanner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think hybrid or pure doesn't matter now.. all is to see wat kind of role u wanna play and pump to the suitable stat.
    Monqi - Warrior LVL 40 (Nature Tanker)
    Monji - Archer LVL 40 (Birdy Shooter)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Monqi View Post
    i think hybrid or pure doesn't matter now.. all is to see wat kind of role u wanna play and pump to the suitable stat.
    I'm assuming you don't play pure characters?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Not all hybrids are over powered sure the pallys are tough to kill but not impossible. For example untill AO my bowtress was my fave build hands down right now with the gear that's available I wouldn't use for a pvp match but I'm not asking for a retool I simply moved on and started useing other chars and got over it. If I lose a pvp game I don't blame the other persons build I blame myself for not figureing out a way to win. I think all things considered things are fine as is but again you can't please evreyone. In the end it is a game and I hope evreyone has fun with whatever set up the decide to use.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not all hybrids are over powered
    Pure chacters are underpowered (for the most part)

If I lose a pvp game I don't blame the other persons build I blame myself for not figureing out a way to win.
    Enchanter vs Paladin = no win situation for the ench.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Then level a secondary char is the only other thing I can tell you bmc or find some other pures to pvp with. Idk if I'm in the minority but I find haveing a bunch of diffrent chars to choose from adds a little variety to the game and each plays completly diffrently. Maybe give it a shot and you will stumble across a counter for the pallys.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...find some other pures to pvp with.
    I mentioned earlier in the post that i wouldnt want to play the game with hybrid/pure segregated, I think it's unnecessary and cuts the community in half (certainly for pvp)

...stumble across a counter for the pallys.
    I agree, there will always be a rock, paper, scissors situation in MMO pvp but I think that if this was more down to gear loadout than class (assuming a paladin is it's own class) there would be more depth and we could both be happy with the situation.

This doesn't change the fact that a paladins skills are just as effective as an enchanters, although perhaps you feel that's fair, it's certainly very unorthodoxed.

While I'm sure paladins have a counter, I can't see it ever being a pure class, and so I've done a full circle, back to square one, segregation, etc etc etc....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmc85uk View Post
    I'm assuming you don't play pure characters?
    beep~ wrong.. i'm pure str for bear and pure dex for birdy.

and ofcoz my mind still thinking it is unbalance as hybrid is overpowered, but juz dun wanna get too involve now as i'm still thinking my tank and shooter play pretty well.. but not in PVP coz i dun play that .. so..... end of my line i guess.
    Monqi - Warrior LVL 40 (Nature Tanker)
    Monji - Archer LVL 40 (Birdy Shooter)