Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Idea for Fixing Pures vs. Hybrids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flaimdude View Post
    I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that hybrids are a bit overpowered, so here's my suggestion: have pure-only skills. How would you do that? Well, right now each class has a 'main stat':
    Ench - int
    Arch - dex
    Bear - str
    I know, everybody knows this, but it's just to help explain. Anyways, let's say you have an ench. You would be a 'pure' ench if your main stat (int) was over a certain percentage (let's say 50%) of your total points. Then, pures would have special skills that make them more secure in their roles, and hybrids would still have their customization.

What do you guys think?
    Devs u have ''WILDS STAMP OF APPROVAL'' for this one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if you guys have ever played any other game then this you wouldnt make it onrunescape and wow you should see how much some people can do to there guy. so let people customize how they want and if u got a problem with it just change yourself. if not get over it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pvp King View Post
    if you guys have ever played any other game then this you wouldnt make it onrunescape and wow you should see how much some people can do to there guy. so let people customize how they want and if u got a problem with it just change yourself. if not get over it!
    If you consider that a hybrid is a seperate class, not just a seperate loadout, then you have certain classes with all the benefits of others and none of the downsides.

By respecing from an Enchanter to a Paladin, I'm completely changing the 'class' I'm playing with.

In WoW for example, there are certain gear loadouts you can use to strengthen certain areas, all as part of one class, you can of course, respec to what is pretty much a seperate class e.g Priest/Shadow Priest. A Shadow is geared to combat, with more DPS and less healing, and a Priest is the opposite. In PL, a 'Paladin/Battlemage' or 'Bowchantress' is an enchanter, just with more defense, DPS, health, and all of the heals/nukes are just as powerful, where's the justice in that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...check-this-out
    check this out if you want to know why hybrids are over powered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

latley i have been hearing about half of the pures that play this game complain about hybrids. The reasons why hybrids are over powered is because they know what armour they need and what order to use the skills....
    The reason hybrids are overpowered is because they have better defense/damage and equally deadly skills

....So what I'm saying here its not the hybrid its the person and the brains behind the screen playing.
    I think it's safe to say that not all people playing pure classes are stupid, and most of them will know

what armour they need and what order to use the skills
    But it doesn't change the fact that, for example a strength mage using the best gear available will have better defense/damage/health/mana regen, compared to an int mage using the best gear which will have a slightly better mana pool, which doesnt make much difference with half the mana regen, and their skills will do the same damage, which in pvp currently, is enough to kill any character instantly.