Thread: Looking for a few volunteers to help in a future scavenger hunt contest!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Default Looking for a few volunteers to help in a future scavenger hunt contest!

So, I had this idea for a contest that I believe would be fairly fun. It would be broken down as follows.

-Time and Date set for contest.
    - On the specified time and date, a post is made announcing the start of the contest, and a Riddle/Clue is attached to post. This riddle/clue will lead people to a certain area in the game. it will have to be slightly obscure to make it good, but it might reference to sand...or swamps..etc, going so far in one direction, behind a certain building, then including an obscure description of a persons character.
    - When the riddle is solved, and someone finds the hidden person, he will be instructed to do something, like run around a tree two times/wave at them. Once this is accomplished, the person waiting will send him a tell with ANOTHER riddle to ANOTHER area and person.
    - I would like this process to go through about 3-4 riddles/people, until the last riddle is solved.
    - Once the last riddle is solved, the last scavenger hunt staff member, gives the first person to solve a big prize (Gold or items). Second place gets a smaller prize, and third even smaller.

Sorry if this is not written to concise I am on a short break at work. Let me know what you think. If you are interested in helping out with this contest, let me know here or in PM's and we will discuss further.

Thanks.

Total Prize Money Up To (From mine and other's donations): 500k & a full Void Set!! Goal is 1mil in items/gold. I will continue saving.
    Last edited by morfic; 09-08-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Great idea.

Id love to help out if date and times suit. I'm thinking you'll want someone to hang around a secret location for a few hours....

Just let me know.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Yes, I will need a few people able to dedicate a good chunk of time to this. Anyone who is interested in participating, just let me know and we will all get together and discuss a good time for all. I think this could be a lot of fun.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Depending upon the time, I may be able to squeeze this in my schedule
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

So far I will be contributing 300k of my gold to this contest. I am going to 'try' and get up to 1mil to dedicate. But I also still need some glyph, so we'll see how it goes. I think 1 mil or a full set of death/shadow/hate/FF/Custom or equivelent would be a nice first place prize. Of course, the more I can get up the better. Keep in mind though...I am going to make these riddles as obscure and hard as possible. I don't want this to be a quick, easy race through 4 areas and win. I want it to involve thinking/stressing/getting frustrated/maybe giving up. lol

This is sort of my way of saying thank you to those who hosted the story writing contest, and my winnings of 1mil. That 1 million gold helped me sooo much when I needed it. Now that I am caught up sort of on gear and in a place to make my own gold, I figured I will repay my debt by hosting another 1milish contest

Anyway, that's two maybe's...awesome!
    Last edited by morfic; 09-07-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

ooh scavenger hunts are soo much fun, i want to help

EDIT: ive got a vyx helm that i can donate as a more minor prize like 3rd or something
    Last edited by Lowlyspy; 09-07-2011 at 04:33 PM.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Awesome Lowly! This should turn out well. Soon as we get a few more volunteers, I'll start working out time's with you guys.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Sounds fun! Too bad i cant spare the time. I am willing to donate 200k. Cheers.
    "my free give away thread is a flop"
    PL: StupidXStupid/ lvl 66 dual build mage
    SL: Glamiour / lvl 30 pure dex ops - hybernating

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Niceness!

Total Prize up to 500k in gold and a Vyxx helm!
    Total staff members: 4 possible, depending if we can schedule.
    Last edited by morfic; 09-07-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I b online soon. Text me so i can pass u the gold.
    "my free give away thread is a flop"
    PL: StupidXStupid/ lvl 66 dual build mage
    SL: Glamiour / lvl 30 pure dex ops - hybernating

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Hey morf, im gonna switch my donation, im gonna donate a void set (helm, bow, armor) instead of the vyx helm. I think the sparkles will entice a few more people to compete than a horny hat would :P

Plus i know how much you love sparkles ;D

EDIT: also if you hadn't already guessed, i do want to participate as a helper in this contest. Any time (so long as its after school or on a weekend) is fine with me
    Last edited by Lowlyspy; 09-07-2011 at 09:04 PM.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Hey morf, im gonna switch my donation, im gonna donate a void set (helm, bow, armor) instead of the vyx helm. I think the sparkles will entice a few more people to compete than a horny hat would :P

Plus i know how much you love sparkles ;D

EDIT: also if you hadn't already guessed, i do want to participate as a helper in this contest. Any time (so long as its after school or on a weekend) is fine with me
    I LOVE SPARKLES. lol. Thanks Lowly. We have met in game and I now have your void set stashed for a prize. Thanks!

Let's make it SPARKLE!