Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Daily Deal for this coming Sunday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    They don't have value. They are liquidated for 0 gold. I don't understand your point. This very same concept applies in the real world as well.
    all im saying, i didn't have a chance to compete in a competition, challenge ect...im still pretty new to pl and new players too btw. (month in pl, but since beta in SL). I want to also have a chance to get these your lucky you already got them, but I haven't.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Daily deal for this coming Monday! Founder's helm!

In all seriousness, I must agree, discontinued items should mean discontinued. It's not "unfair" to new members, it's how a lot of things in real life are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    what the???

sam, NEVER put the pumpkin helm or green antennae up for sale again. its a symbol of being a long time player
    Yes! I wear my founders helm and my green antennas and people go crazy asking me where I got it. I HAD that attention with the reds but now it's something everyone can purchase...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    all im saying, i didn't have a chance to compete in a competition, challenge ect...im still pretty new to pl and new players too btw. (month in pl, but since beta in SL). I want to also have a chance to get these your lucky you already got them, but I haven't.
    That's the thing though. As far as I know, time machines don't exist. People wish that they could have bought Apple stock back when it was 70 dollars. Did the price reverse back to favor those who missed out on that opportunity? Pretty sure it didn't.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anedefen View Post
    they do i.e. some can have a little proc(Big Luck and Little Luck), sentimental value, and of course they look good!
    The only vanity helmet(s) to ever have value were the Founder's Helm and the Big Luck Vanity. As far as I know, the red antenna provides no bonuses whatsoever. If they do consider bringing it, at least price it to 100+ platinum to minimize the amount of players that are able to get it.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I wan the green ones

thejokerlol level 71 bear l guild eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I haven't played too many MMORPGs, but are there any that repeat holiday items? If so, then there is a precedent (whether it's kept or not is another matter) so it's not a big leap for PL to have repeat items for Halloween, the winter, etc and so repeated items wouldn't be a big surprise. If not, then there's also nothing to be surprised about. [and I acknowledge that PL doesn't have its own precedent because holidays haven't come around again] As for me, I'm hoping for new items every year but I can understand wanting a as-of-now discontinued item

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:410254
    That's the thing though. As far as I know, time machines don't exist. People wish that they could have bought Apple stock back when it was 70 dollars. Did the price reverse back to favor those who missed out on that opportunity? Pretty sure it didn't.
    I don't want to argue with you guardian keep the peace.

Well at this point the devs have developed a machine apollo, and they are bringing them back with or without your approval. Were not talking about prices, but the availablity of the items. I thought you were a guardian? Why dont you want new players to collect? Why such greed and hostility?

Well apollo, if you don't feel like supporting sts, I will, since you have all the items.... Sam bring back all the old items ill be happy to pay for them snowman head, Halloween And anything I might have missed. Newer pl and sl players appreciate all what you have done......thx again.
    Last edited by octavos; 09-10-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

The only vanity helmet(s) to ever have value were the Founder's Helm and the Big Luck Vanity. As far as I know, the red antenna provides no bonuses whatsoever. If they do consider bringing it, at least price it to 100+ platinum to minimize the amount of players that are able to get it.
    yes, i agree tho 100plat is a little high... and if they bring back Big Love and Big Luck back to their respective holidays next year, they should be 75plat or more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

All this rage over deal of the day. I don't mind if they bring back the vanity items. It's their way of making money. I have been playing PL from the start and have a founders helm. It is nice that they offer a opportunity for you to get a one time event item. One day you too will not have an item and the deal of the day will ensure that you have another opportunity. Maybe bring back founders or rename it just so that it makes sense. And just maybe they will also bring back the Droid costume that you all desire. Who knows? But most of you should know games try to recycle older items so that they can bring newer players into the flow of the game.

/end rant

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

This very same concept applies in the real world as well.
    But it's a game, not real life. I have bought a few of the deals because I like to collect items. I love the opportunity at these items! Deal of the Day is great!
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I can see it from both sides since I am by no means a collector, but have been here since the beginning. I have 2 vanity items and they were both awarded by STS. I didn't have to do any work, just log in and check my stash (I didn't even have to wave). So I get that it's an opportunity for those that missed it the first time around to get it again, but it's by no means a deal. From one aspect the oldies want the item to remain a onetime thing. Can we compromise and have the items changed ever so slightly so that it doesn't ruin the "specialness" of their initial purchase? A modification to the description should be enough right? For instance the red antenna would no longer say "You were there" because you weren't there. The only problem I see with that is the OCD collectors out there may then regard that as a different vanity item and have to purchase it as well (*hint hint* adds fuel to the STS profit machine). Perhaps all vanity items that are purchased through daily deals should read "Second chance vanity item" or even remove the item description completely. Will that satisfy everyone?

A separate suggestion is that perhaps there should be two deal categories, a daily deal that is actually a deal on an item that is available for purchase daily (elixirs, in store vanity, plat only gear) and another daily called “Blast from the past” where special vanity/holiday items that are now removed from the game are available again. We have to bridge this gap somehow, as only those lucky enough to have found out about the game before the popularity came had access to many specialty items, time to share the opportunity.

My only issue is the price, between 50-75 plat each. Even with the best deal that's $2.25-$3.50 (rounded up) each item, where exactly does the deal part factor into this equation? So all of those out there who don’t think that the new players deserve the same items that you had a shot at, don’t pretend they aren’t paying a hefty price.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 09-16-2011 at 07:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Thanks, Gluttony I appreciate what you wrote. I can understand both sides, too.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I can see it from both sides since I am by no means a collector, but have been here since the beginning. I have 2 vanity items and they were both awarded by STS. I didn't have to do any work, just log in and check my stash (I didn't even have to wave). So I get that it's an opportunity for those that missed it the first time around to get it again, but it's by no means a deal. From one aspect the oldies want the item to remain a onetime thing. Can we compromise and have the items changed ever so slightly so that it doesn't ruin the "specialness" of their initial purchase? A modification to the description should be enough right? For instance the red antenna would no longer say "You were there" because you weren't there. The only problem I see with that is the OCD collectors out there may then regard that as a different vanity item and have to purchase it as well (*hint hint* adds fuel to the STS profit machine). Perhaps all vanity items that are purchased through daily deals should read "Second chance vanity item" or even remove the item description completely. Will that satisfy everyone?

A separate suggestion is that perhaps there should be two deal categories, a daily deal that is actually a deal on an item that is available for purchase daily (elixirs, in store vanity, plat only gear) and another daily called “Blast from the past” where special vanity/holiday items that are now removed from the game are available again. We have to bridge this gap somehow, as only those lucky enough to have found out about the game before the popularity came had access to many specialty items, time to share the opportunity.

My only issue is the price, between 50-75 plat each. Even with the best deal that's $2.25-$3.50 (rounded up) each item, where exactly does the deal part factor into this equation? So all of those out there who don’t think that the new players deserve the same items that you had a shot at, don’t pretend they aren’t paying a hefty price.
    that is a great idea
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Wow...i hope STS is coming out with some new exclusive items cuz this is outrageous. Antennas were supposed to be for players who were at the event or obtained them when they were available. IMO, bringing them back, not a good idea.

I just hope these so called "exclusive" items stay that way. The new players will have their time to get their exclusive item just like we did.

Not flaming, just sayin....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I don't want to argue with you guardian keep the peace.

Well at this point the devs have developed a machine apollo, and they are bringing them back with or without your approval. Were not talking about prices, but the availablity of the items. I thought you were a guardian? Why dont you want new players to collect? Why such greed and hostility?

Well apollo, if you don't feel like supporting sts, I will, since you have all the items.... Sam bring back all the old items ill be happy to pay for them snowman head, Halloween And anything I might have missed. Newer pl and sl players appreciate all what you have done......thx again.
    Hate to double post...but man theres a lotta hate in this here post. Parthidy never said he didnt support STS, nor did he say he didnt want new players to have a chance. But the big thing here thay struck me is why you said "...i thought you were a GOA...." Parth is a GOA and always will be. He earned his spot in the guardians and should never have anybody saying why he is one. And for as long as ive known Parth, he is far from being greedy.

Im not trying to make you feel bad or anything, but dont doubt anothers opinion. You may not agree with Parth, but you don't need to doubt his guardianship.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey Apollo! Qic here! What bow is that you're equipped with in the pic? Feel free to tell me IG. Be easy!
    IGN's :
    Qic(Sniper)
    Respawns(Nuker)
    Tempers(Tanker)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Still not over this topic? Its been weeks now u guys should let it go.

I bought it but aint wearing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Missed out on this daily deal because I couldn't get my plat on my iPod I really wanted the red antenae but Sam granted me with yellow antenae great game devs love it!!!!