Thread: Kiting: Who's the Real Noob?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Default Kiting: Who's the Real Noob?

Ill go right ahead and say it:
    Kiting is Skill, Not Noobish
    Kiting takes practice and very few people can preform it. I use dexbear twinks at lvls 5, 16, 20, and soon to be 26, I kite on them all. Here's some food for thought:
    If everyone can kite, why doesn't everyone kite?
    Why do crossbow users sacrifice damage for distance?
    Why doesn't everyone kite if it's ^so overpowered?

There's a simple answer to all of these:
    Kiting is skill, good kiters win, bad ones fail miserably

I have been rushed countless times because I "run" or I "kite"
    It cracks me up when I am on my wand Mage and a dexbear complains I kite.
    I have just hit 100 kills on my lvl 16, and I only do 1v1s. I finished with a record of 100-22. A k/d almost at 5. I can only think of two REAL deaths from an actual player, not a rush in aggravation that I "kite" or "run"

Kiting is Skill, Face the Facts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Buddyf97 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

We're all impressed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Even though, people don't accept kiters very well... They come in the hate scale after spwaners and rushers... Weird, huh?
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xazic View Post
    Even though, people don't accept kiters very well... They come in the hate scale after spwaners and rushers... Weird, huh?
    Ikr! Rushers and spawners are just plain old rude. Kiting is a skill, not an action

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

That's just the nature of any kind of pvp (to include fps), people will always have an issue with something, campers, spawners, kiters, etc. Basically if your winning they're hatin'.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I HATE kiters. Tired of them.!. Always hated it. And btw at lvl26 your not gona be able to kite. To many pros kan stop kiters so easy. Like me. Blitz. Everhate.lisa. vvrecked. Vvrath.wontyee. my list keeps of going. If yur gona be at 26 dont kite.

Babybugszxx,Trust, Ebagovax, Pvpbugsz, Xxaeromagexx, Bugszmage, Xbabybugszx, Bestavian, Boombugsz, Swaggbearr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Not a threat just giving you a heads up. If you kite at our level. You probably gona get rushed. just giving you a heads up

Babybugszxx,Trust, Ebagovax, Pvpbugsz, Xxaeromagexx, Bugszmage, Xbabybugszx, Bestavian, Boombugsz, Swaggbearr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xbabybugszx View Post
    Not a threat just giving you a heads up. If you kite at our level. You probably gona get rushed. just giving you a heads up
    aiiiigghhhhhttttttttt
    u can kite at basically any level, including 26
    kiting is not only about the range of your weapon but your skills sooooooo you can avoid your opponents skills while you do yours
    srsly pls know what kiting isss b4 u talk about it in such a manner
    in fact, i respect people who can kite well because its hard to do
    and its not noobish either because not anybody can kite and it helps take advantage of your regen and protects you (because you have low armor, etc.)
    and most people dont hate it ( if you do hate it, its cuz u cant kite or and cant even fight well)
    Iprotectnoobs (65) Iprotectnoob (65) Meprotectnoob (65) Akpop (35) Akpopone (35) Akpoptwo (30) Akpopthree (35) Akpoppvp (31) Akpopshank (30) Akpopmoob (26) Akpopsmack (25) Akpopshoot (25)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

what ipro said..One reason I love kiters is because they are SOOO skilled at pvp, they barely get hit! I personally choose not to kite unless I alreayd fought the person a few times. i wanna see if I can win without kiting before going to kiting. But yeah kiters will be kiters. Haters will be haters. Kiters get booted,rushed, and trash talked. Haters get kills and kills. Its how it goes. Unless the kiter makes his/her own game :P
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

im just gonna say it flat out. I can live with with kiters until a certain point. When u say kiting takes skill, idk if i can agree or disagree with that, its pretty much running. As a dex bird it becomes frustrating when all u you see is dex mages (autobow of course) running away from you (with their 100+ crit) while smashing heal. 2 autos will kill me and they didnt even have to do a skill. Thats my case, idk whether u agree or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pahud View Post
    im just gonna say it flat out. I can live with with kiters until a certain point. When u say kiting takes skill, idk if i can agree or disagree with that, its pretty much running. As a dex bird it becomes frustrating when all u you see is dex mages (autobow of course) running away from you (with their 100+ crit) while smashing heal. 2 autos will kill me and they didnt even have to do a skill. Thats my case, idk whether u agree or not.
    Thorn root is a very good skill :P Face it, most people who hate kiters hate it because they are losing. Running is different. Runners waste your buff or run until they can catch you without a vital skill. But lots of people hate kiters because they cannot win. My advice to them....Try playing differently....or....Leave the game. Spazzing out and trash talking wont help you win
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I deff agree with pahud! No questions asked..... Kiting proves nothing... Now if u can straight up ko someone in a straight up pvp then that takes more skill then the opposite player what clearly show u have more speed and more skill and to do so u have the skill to know the opposite players weakness! easy as pie for the most part :] haha btw if u don't have a fast device u might wanna stay outta pvp till u do!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I would think if a player was elite at pvping they wouldn't have to be concern with how another player plays...
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

pro tip...if someone is kiting you, dont chase them. Run the opposite direction, out of their attack range. They'll run towards you to try to get back in range, then you turn and run towards them and suddenly you're in attack range. And like someone else said using a crossbow sacrifices a good bit of damage for the range, so once you get in range you have a pretty significant advantage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xbabybugszx View Post
    I HATE kiters. Tired of them.!. Always hated it. And btw at lvl26 your not gona be able to kite. To many pros kan stop kiters so easy. Like me. Blitz. Everhate.lisa. vvrecked. Vvrath.wontyee. my list keeps of going. If yur gona be at 26 dont kite.
    First off, decent kiters don't get killed, not even touched at times. I've faced everyone on that list. They will all say I "run" when I don't even run, my repulse shot does all the work for me. Only 2 skills plus a repulse, repeat, dead enemy. And Vv can't counter kite for the life of him. Unless that counts raging and rushing me serval times after. Blitz left a few of my games cause I "run" If these so called "pros" are dying from kiters why don't they kite? Simple answer: THEY CAN'T They don't have the skill to preform it properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Kiting is my friend. That is all.
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well said Buddy.
    Kiting does take skill! I remember when you started to kite me with your 20 I didn't know how to handle it. Then I tried to kite but I sucked at first. It took A LONG TIME, probably 1000 1v1s to really start mastering it. lol
    yes you can kite at 26

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

But, I beat you earlier today in a Kiting Duel (with the additional dodges, of course)
    I am now the new King of Kiting (with a staff)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salutee View Post
    Well said Buddy.
    Kiting does take skill! I remember when you started to kite me with your 20 I didn't know how to handle it. Then I tried to kite but I sucked at first. It took A LONG TIME, probably 1000 1v1s to really start mastering it. lol
    yes you can kite at 26
    ^Kiting Buddies forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    But, I beat you earlier today in a Kiting Duel (with the additional dodges, of course)
    I am now the new King of Kiting (with a staff)!
    Lol Whirlz, I don't mega kite like a do on my twinks on my main. I might try and kite your drain but then it's all debuffs from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    pro tip...if someone is kiting you, dont chase them. Run the opposite direction, out of their attack range. They'll run towards you to try to get back in range, then you turn and run towards them and suddenly you're in attack range. And like someone else said using a crossbow sacrifices a good bit of damage for the range, so once you get in range you have a pretty significant advantage
    Exactly, finally.

Yes, kiting is a skill, but to avoid and counter being kited is an even better skill.