Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kiting: Who's the Real Noob?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I basically debuffed you then took you down with my elemental magic.
    I bet people just go ROFLIHATEYOUKITER because they think, "Why kite if you can kill like a pro without?"
    Well, sir, I say, "What kind of a pro gets a faceplant after being kited?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    I basically debuffed you then took you down with my elemental magic.
    I bet people just go ROFLIHATEYOUKITER because they think, "Why kite if you can kill like a pro without?"
    Well, sir, I say, "What kind of a pro gets a faceplant after being kited?"
    ROFL @ Whirlzap!
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I can never kite cause I either run to far or too close.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Sun n elli
    i agree its a skill and i have to say that anyone who has raised a full mage or bird should understand they kite! Mmm and some metioned here who nay say kiting do it as well if they are honest

Big BIG BIG diff from kiting and running i hate running running accross a map thats a little to much but any really long battles where ur thumb goes numb... Ya move in that board together in battle... Seriousley the best do know how to counter win ir loose ....

Simple just have fun
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

on fighting you need strategy to win, and kiting is one of it

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

CLARIFICATION FOR OTHERS:
    Kiting: You are moving in and out of your opponents' and your own attack range so that you hit them and them not you.
    Running: Running away in one direction (no change in direction) and not coming close to the other's attack range.
    THERE IS A DIFFERENCE
    Tips for birds who are tired of dex mages (Im a dexmage myself)
    1. Use thorn wall and root if they constantly run
    2. Use avian scream lvl 5 or 6 (not sure if both work) when mages frostbite or icestorm you
    3. If they kite, use repulse and combo it up when they come back (they cant stop you because frostbite takes a bit more time to take effect)
    NOTE: PLS PLS notice that using repulse is pretty much the same thing as running or kiting, except your making your opponent move not you yourself (so dont call others kiters )

annddddddddddd: When you do pvp for a certain amount of time, you notice that there are many factors in pvp. If everybody had to just walk toward each other and spam skills, the person with the best gear would win. And as the author of this post stated, there is a reason why xbows have less damage ( its cuz of the range). Knowing the range of your opponent and yourself is a very important skill to achieve as an experienced pvper.
    Last edited by protectorofnoobs; 09-09-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    Iprotectnoobs (65) Iprotectnoob (65) Meprotectnoob (65) Akpop (35) Akpopone (35) Akpoptwo (30) Akpopthree (35) Akpoppvp (31) Akpopshank (30) Akpopmoob (26) Akpopsmack (25) Akpopshoot (25)

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

juking + kiting... Some serious skill. Running... noobz... That's all

best kiters I've ever faced: Salutee, Buddyf, and for a while, finneri.

Just play the mindgames, You got a better chance than rage-rushing like a noob. Plus it's more fun if you learn how to fight kiting with juking right Buddy?
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

There r no rules to pvp. U win u lose. Whether its kiting or not, if u win that's all that matters. Those who hate kiters only hate it Cuz they don't know how to deal with it. There are ways around everything, kiters included. As far as the crying about dex Mages kiting birds. Here's the facts. Us mages r fragile. We have 400 health. Once.shield is broken it only takes two hits to kill us where as birds n bears have health advantage, not to mention the dps advantage. Simple beckon stomp n we die or two quick bird skills we die. U can't expect a mage to just stand there and let u hit them. If so they suck as a mage. The crying about kiting is nothing more than just pathetic. Birds n bears kite as well. Its everywhere. There's nothing u can do to change it. Deal with it.

-saycred-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default vvrecked

Uh u probally won't be able to kite at lvl 22+ on dexbears and I don't recall anyone beating me besides a few in A fight or two so if ur so "good" id like to fight u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

kiting with xbow is dam hard and needs practice to learn it well. iam jealous to all the xbow artists...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

To all haters.

Kiting isnt running away, please understand being smart in range and being a coward who is running all over map wait your buff end is different.
    Kiters just take good range where enemy cant touch you. It takes skill and practice of when to start move forward and when to avoid. And to those pro tips how to fight kiter, a real pro kiter know when to approach and avoid enemy, even when enemy get out of range and then move forward again.

Dont hate things you cant beat, learn how to beat it.

Flamberge ( 15 Bear Twink Auto-Bow User )
    My friend, do you fly away now?
    To a world that abhors you and I?
    All that awaits you is a somber morrow
    No matter where the winds may blow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zerious View Post
    juking + kiting... Some serious skill. Running... noobz... That's all

best kiters I've ever faced: Salutee, Buddyf, and for a while, finneri.

Just play the mindgames, You got a better chance than rage-rushing like a noob. Plus it's more fun if you learn how to fight kiting with juking right Buddy?
    Right, Zerious! Too bad I couldn't kite you for the lvl 20 tournament...
    Here's something to look at:
    FPS Shooters: Camping is considered "noob" material. People can't beat it. They hate it. Why? Cause they can't beat it.
    Pocket Legends: Kiting is considered "noob" material. People can't beat it. They hate it. Why? Cause they can't beat it.
    See the pattern???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

1) About kiting: u have some spells ok? U kite so that u depend on this lucky crit or on ur wep dmg? Its like u dont trust that ur build or ur skill order will kill the opponent that basically turns the meaning of pvp into a different thing. A struggle to win usin a way that u can hit when the other one... Ow well... Cant
    2) the kiting needs "skill": now that we can determine the 12' range as when were in it we face the oponent guess what! Kiting is easy! The thing is... U want to get u opponent in a bad situation just to have the false idea ur stronger?
    3) nature of pvp: i have been here quit a time and iv experienced and experience pvp of all lvls. I can understand people have difrent opinions but think that lvl 60s wait til they can ice drain fire to oneshot u in a 1v1. Afterwards they even say gf! No insult but i really beleive skills r there to be used and not stay there and the player run a mile or twO to avoid his "stronger" opponent

I also kite sometimes... It is natural. But if u learn to face someone from 2 metres range and not 12 ull feel the diference urself. Cya ingame buddyf
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I don't respect kiting as it usually declares you think you will most certainly die if you stay any longer than 5 seconds.

But I don't hate it either. Anyone stupid enough to follow someone and continue to eat damage deserves to die and has no right to complain because he/she fell for it.

Im a warbird in PL so I can stand my ground. I may turn a corner or use a tree to make my opponents' skills useless but otherwise, I can't bring myself to run away in any form, style or shape. I'll take my death and move on. And kiting is - in technical terms - a form of running. Hopefully, you'll have a respectable opponent who accepts that he/she was foolish enough to follow.

I wont tell you to stop kiting just because its not in my Playbook. But I will call out straight-up running away like a coward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I can understand kiting, but I think kiting in general gets more credit than it's due. I mean, it pretty much is running, only you can attack your opponent and they can't. Given kiting is referring to being on the edge of your range, making it so your enemy can't hit. I don't expect an archer/Mage to stay in one spot when I'm a str bear, but I don't appreciate it when people are running from me so I can't hit, they repulse/firestorm to counter beckon, then run some more. I can understand rooting/freeze me, and sitting their attacking me, since I'm the one stuck in one place (and I don't expect them to run up to me to let me attack em) but when I have the ability to move, and we can actually have a decent fight, and they're going in the opposite direction, I don't think of it as a fair fight. I've kited at times, and tried kiting. I don't do it much anymore (well, don't try to. In some instances I end up doing a little in all honesty) but I think of it as not being able to handle the opponents hits. It can be difficult to master, but it's similar to me as counting cards. Hard to master, not many can do it well, but if you can, it's cheap. (IK, fail analogy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

@barbamitsos
    um u still use skills when ur kiting btw
    aanndddddd y dont u just get a mage in one v one and starrt running towards a bear and see what happens?
    Iprotectnoobs (65) Iprotectnoob (65) Meprotectnoob (65) Akpop (35) Akpopone (35) Akpoptwo (30) Akpopthree (35) Akpoppvp (31) Akpopshank (30) Akpopmoob (26) Akpopsmack (25) Akpopshoot (25)