Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I a horrible person?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Am I a horrible person?

So, today was an interesting/shocking day.

On my way back from school. I witnessed a stabbing. My first reaction? I checked to see if the guy was fine. (He was stabbed in the lower region of his back, barely missing his spinal cord) and stubbed the blood. I then proceeded to call 911, but somebody had already done so. After the cops got there and stabilized him, I just left. (For some reason, they didn't lock down the perimeter and let me leave, which is odd). Without a thought on my mind. Does that make me a horrible person to not feel compassion or sympathy, because right now I am feeling terribly guilty that I should have waited longer. I also had one or two thoughts going on in my mind; one being "This could have been me". A bit in shock, but my question is, do you suggest my actions to be a horrible person?

Also, this happened a street away from my school which is kinda eerie. The victim was a school kid, if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-07-2011 at 06:23 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

That's horrible... (not you, the fact that someone was stabbed)

No, I think you're a nice guy. What is the problem in leaving? I'm pretty sure the medical team could take care of things without you
    Last edited by Silentarrow; 09-07-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No, I think you've been de-sensitized by the American media like everybody else, don't feel bad!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Dude ur fine u helped him and did ur part God Loves You Parth!!!!!
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nope. You did more than what most.ppl would do. This type of act goes on in my neighborhood often, and ppl walk by cause its not a rare event.
    So what u did was going out of your way to helo someone. That makes you a good person.
    IGN- SCARECROWWOLF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

no dear , at least u stopped at all. The world is a cold crazy place at times ur jus used to it. also in server truma sum times u feel nothing about it till later. Ur not a bad person at all . im so sad u question that.
    ur friend Cagedkiller .

PS . stay safe . im a mother n would be so worried with that happening near skool. Im worried for u . =/ its scary
    Last edited by cagethewicked; 09-07-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I think u did the right thing help him till the pros come wow I would hav screamed like a girl :P

AL: Horror- rogue
    Myth- warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I think what you did was the exact opposite of horrible, your first reaction was to help, some would rather just stay in the sides and awe at what happened.

I ask the same question to myself, if something like that happens, what am I actually going to do? Lol.

Good on ya parth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I think what you did was the exact opposite of horrible, your first reaction was to help, some would rather just stay in the sides and awe at what happened.

I ask the same question to myself, if something like that happens, what am I actually going to do? Lol.

Good on ya parth
    I never thought once in my life I would have to deal something like this. I guess my medical classes in high school got put to good use. I just hope that guy is okay. I never even bothered to ask for his name...Guess I forget a lot of common courtesy while stressed. I think I'm just in shock right now, not even able to start homework. Lol...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

No way friend! You were as you said in shock, and people handle that in lots of different ways. Perhaps speaking to someone, such as a trauma counselor, would ease your mind. Lots going on in your mind right now. And posting is one good step in dealing with it, but real face time is best. Not sure how much you wish to be involved in, but you can call the local law center to report that you were there and offered first aid to the injured person and ask if they need to speak with you. But again, no you did great! Just having sense to do first aid with such a wound is incredible, lots of people would be too traumatized to do anything but stand there and weep or run away. You are a rare person and I am very glad to know there are persons of your caliber here on the forums.

Ariskabar (warrior 66), Weoki (mage 52), Hanaty (bird 61), Bucketofbolts (mage 30) Visit my threat guide! Join The Farmers' Collective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I never thought once in my life I would have to deal something like this. I guess my medical classes in high school got put to good use. I just hope that guy is okay. I never even bothered to ask for his name...Guess I forget a lot of common courtesy while stressed. I think I'm just in shock right now, not even able to start homework. Lol...
    I don't think anyone expects to deal with something like this..

I'm sure the guy is more than grateful for what you did

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Not at all. You aint horrible at all! If that was me...I wouldnt even have the heart to help the guy...I have an aversion to blood...Id pass out...Of course i would call 911 and try to get help for the guy...But going near...I would pass out...

While writing this....I dont feel too good...Just imagining the blood....
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

If nothing else, the fact that you are contemplating whether you acted in a morally incorrect way at all suggests that you have a strong moral compass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

As stated above, You did the right thing man no need to feel horrible about that most people would keep walking! I hope I could do the same as you if in the same situation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Announcing the PL Fan-Site ! Click my sig to join!http://becomeelite.forumotion.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    Devs , is there a way to contact you ? Phone number because I want my mom to explain !
    "All this Has happened before...and Shall happen again...So say We All"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    Not at all. You aint horrible at all! If that was me...I wouldnt even have the heart to help the guy...I have an aversion to blood...Id pass out...Of course i would call 911 and try to get help for the guy...But going near...I would pass out...

While writing this....I dont feel too good...Just imagining the blood....
    It's not that bad. The worst is the bright red blood, it always manages to disgust me a little bit. This seemed like venous blood though since it was dark and flowing sluggishly. On the other hand, that's a good sign as well because it means the stab wasn't very deep and didn't hit any arteries. Now that I think about it, missed spinal cord and major arteries? Man! That guy is lucky!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

It's not that bad. The worst is the bright red blood, it always manages to disgust me a little bit. This seemed like venous blood though since it was dark and flowing sluggishly. On the other hand, that's a good sign as well because it means the stab wasn't very deep and didn't hit any arteries. Now that I think about it, missed spinal cord and major arteries? Man! That guy is lucky!
    Yeah...Im no doctor or nothing...but I know ( I think xD) what happens when something happens to your spinal cord...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    Yeah...Im no doctor or nothing...but I know ( I think xD) what happens when something happens to your spinal cord...
    Yeah, but now that I also think about it. He would have a chance (if the knife made contact in that area) considering there is a pretty thick spinal column protecting the cord.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Yeah, but now that I also think about it. He would have a chance (if the knife made contact in that area) considering there is a pretty thick spinal column protecting the cord.
    Ok, now your getting into things that I dont know T.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

omg, that's scary! parth, you were so good to help that poor guy. you probably increased his chance to live, even if it was only by a little bit! don't think for one second, heck, not even a millisecond, that you are a bad person. you are the pure opposite, m'kay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Parth, this may have already been said, but you did what you could do. What else were you to do? Watch the kid go to the hospital? No, that is for his family to take care of. You did what you could, and I can already see this victim coming to you to say thanks. I mean, you think saving a person from possible death makes you a bad person? Of course it doesn't! Just relax, try to clear your head, maybe do what I do when things are on my mind and play the Easy Listening Channel on Pandora. It helps.... But other than that, hope this all gets cleared up. Most people wouldn't even dare to approach a victim of this sort. And for that, we thank you, it was a very honorable thing. +10