Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Will We Be Able to Use a Keyboard for Controls ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Will We Be Able to Use a Keyboard for Controls ?

With the new OS (iOS. . .srry, srry). . . with the new iOS out, and the feature which enables us to tether a bluetooth keyboard to the iPhone (3g, 3gS), I was just wondering if we would be able to use the same to say perhaps input a couple of commands over to our respective characters? Say unleash a couple of quick spells? Move around a bit perhaps.

Not sure if someone already done thunk this one up. So posting along those lines.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sounds interesting, but most people won't get tethering because you will ruin your unlimited plan + have to pay 20 bucks (unless someone jailbreaks it). That being said, I think first they should make it multitasking capable first of all!

Good idea for down the line, but i don't see it being essential (and used by the majority of people)

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,489 Posts

Eventually, sure. Hopefully, it will use the same API as the hardware keyboard for the iPad.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Why would you need quick spells all you have to do is move your finger up a bit a click a spell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Lol @ Playing ipod touch with a keyboard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This. Is. Brilliant. I cannot wait for this to work, cause that would be AWESOME! Spell quick-keys ftw! I mean, tons more people would want to play PL after they found out that you could play it with a keyboard like a computer game. And arrow keys for movement, yay, and like control button for attack! (you could do movement by having up and down be forward and backward, and if it sensed you were playing with a keyboard, the left and right would rotate your character and the screen.

This would be SICK!

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

If there were indeed quick-skill hotkeys, etc. this would give a major advantage in play to those with bluetooth-capable devices and keyboards. I hope not to see this happen, or that if it does, it is just for typical keyboard work like typing messages, etc.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elfche View Post
    sounds interesting, but most people won't get tethering because you will ruin your unlimited plan + have to pay 20 bucks (unless someone jailbreaks it). That being said, I think first they should make it multitasking capable first of all!

Good idea for down the line, but i don't see it being essential (and used by the majority of people)
    not the kind of tethering ur thonkin elf.... The keyboard is ALL Bluetooth technology nothin with changing ur data plan
    Purearch ~lvl45 Archer~
    Xxstrpurexx ~lvl19 Str Twinky~
    Purehealz ~lvl45 Pally~
    Purehealztwo ~lvl19 Int Twinky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So .. . down the road. Tht works for me. Most people wouldn’t want to play that way, And I can see that. But, having the option wouldn’t hurt. Would it. Anyways. . . tethering. . tht’s the word I was looking for. So we can speculate on a keypad layout or smthing.

Wht would be cool would be to tether the ipod/iphone to the ipad. And then use the little gidget to control the big one. Sort of like a glorified joystick. Not so much for PL. . . but mebbe for blackstar. Can do all the flying twisting and turning tht way. Without gettin all dizzy and such. (yep. . .still holding my breath for tht one). Transfer all the gyro-metrics from the one to the other. . .cause flying hyperspace aint like dusting crops wot !!!

Royce: Yeah thought I'd say to use for mssging in game but then most people don't likes the chatter. . .some find it offensive (depending on who or wht's doing it) . . .aaannnnd. . . yeah. . all the serious guild people got their VoiPn gizmo thingie. . . .soo they wldn't use a keyboard to chat either ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Wht would be cool would be to tether the ipod/iphone to the ipad. And then use the little gidget to control the big one. Sort of like a glorified joystick. Not so much for PL. . . but mebbe for blackstar. Can do all the flying twisting and turning tht way. Without gettin all dizzy and such. (yep. . .still holding my breath for tht one). Transfer all the gyro-metrics from the one to the other. . .cause flying hyperspace aint like dusting crops wot !!!
    It's my understanding that they are planning Blackstar (which I am also very much looking forward to) as a fullblown computer game (not idevice game), but it would be pretty cool if I was wrong
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.