Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Now I want to state why I'm not happy with this event...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Now I want to state why I'm not happy with this event...

First, I want to make this clear: I'm not asking for drama or whatever. I just want to state my opinion as a warrior. Or is stating it not allowed anymore...? I just want to give sts feedback...

*cough* unpopular opinion time...

I think everyone can agree loot is just not that good. G said somewhere they'd be releasing about 100+ deeds, which doesn't seem that many considering how many players there are, trying to get anything out of the event. Aside from releasing tons of furnishing/house slots, there's really no good loot.

Then, as a tank, a proper tank with aegis and not a tank who wishes to be a rouge, I get killed in 4 shots, and unless I use juggernaut red-zone hit kills me. There's not much fun in dying. When I do it with rouges/mages they do all the damage while I try to keep the aggro, and jarl is apparently un-tauntable.

I know probably no one is going to agree to this, but its my personal opinion, and most of you can't imagine having low damage.

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elshaddoll View Post
    First, I want to make this clear: I'm not asking for drama or whatever. I just want to state my opinion as a warrior. Or is stating it not allowed anymore...? I just want to give sts feedback...

*cough* unpopular opinion time...

I think everyone can agree loot is just not that good. G said somewhere they'd be releasing about 100+ deeds, which doesn't seem that many considering how many players there are, trying to get anything out of the event. Aside from releasing tons of furnishing/house slots, there's really no good loot.

Then, as a tank, a proper tank with aegis and not a tank who wishes to be a rouge, I get killed in 4 shots, and unless I use juggernaut red-zone hit kills me. There's not much fun in dying. When I do it with rouges/mages they do all the damage while I try to keep the aggro, and jarl is apparently un-tauntable.

I know probably no one is going to agree to this, but its my personal opinion, and most of you can't imagine having low damage.

I dunno, but the red zone is pretty easy to avoid. I think considering this is a "FREE" event I think the loot rate is justifiable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

The red zone is there for a reason -_- avoid it unless you want suicide lol

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

lol..im a tank too using aegis..not using jugg plus wearing lepre i still manage to survive from jarl's red zone..mybe ur pot spamming skill / gear still not good enuf..use chest splitter / HoR next time to counter his red zone..or just avoid the red zone

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Aside from releasing tons of furnishing/house slots, there's really no good loot.
    Thank you for the feedback.

In this event we drop (from rarest to most common):

- Tavern deeds
    - Lodge deeds
    - Cottage deeds
    - Starter House deeds
    - Smelly Helm vanity
    - Housing inventory slots
    - Housing furnishing slots
    - 2K gold
    - Jarl furniture (paintings, posters, piles of gold and jewels, decorative chests)
    - Uncommon furniture
    - Common furniture

Out of 100K runs on the Jarl, how many would you expect to drop from these types of things?

We did drop tons of slots, is this good loot? Is good loot the type of item? Rarity of drop? Market value? Remember, to a large degree rarity defines market value.

In your opinion, what is "good loot"?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dinzly View Post
    lol..im a tank too using aegis..not using jugg plus wearing lepre i still manage to survive jarl's red zone..mybe ur pot spamming skill / gear still not good enuf..use chest splitter / HoR next time to counter his red zone..or just avoid the red zone
    Good point there if a tank can't take red zones why not just simply avoid right? Don't act tough just bcoz your a tank do that when you're properly geared enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Doing atleast 5-7 hours hunt per day. ZERO deed drop.. not even seen a deed drop in parties I have run with. Too rare or just bad luck?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Thank you for the feedback.

In this event we drop (from rarest to most common):

- Tavern deeds
    - Lodge deeds
    - Cottage deeds
    - Starter House deeds
    - Smelly Helm vanity
    - Housing inventory slots
    - Housing furnishing slots
    - 2K gold
    - Jarl furniture (paintings, posters, piles of gold and jewels, decorative chests)
    - Uncommon furniture
    - Common furniture

Out of 100K runs on the Jarl, how many would you expect to drop from these types of things?

We did drop tons of slots, is this good loot? Is good loot the type of item? Rarity of drop? Market value? Remember, to a large degree rarity defines market value.

In your opinion, what is "good loot"?
    The deeds are good loot, certainly, and the super smelly helm. But you said they were extremely rare, and I'm not expecting something worth so much to drop often, but I've tried - tried a lot - and I only looted common - rare - epic furniture, 2k gold, that stuff. The best I've looted is a breakfast table, a few other cheap vanity items, and a small gold pile. I appreciate the effort but I just didn't enjoy the event.
    Edit: yes the slots, previously expensive, were a nice addition. My definition of good loot is marketing value, and to give it a high value it either has to be on high demand or incredibly rare.

Last edited by Elshaddoll; 07-27-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

if i could just get super smelly helm for rouge/tank im super happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dinzly View Post
    lol..im a tank too using aegis..not using jugg plus wearing lepre i still manage to survive from jarl's red zone..mybe ur pot spamming skill / gear still not good enuf..use chest splitter / HoR next time to counter his red zone..or just avoid the red zone
    I avoid the red zone, but sometimes lag pops up, or the red zone catches me by surprise (hey! Human error is still a possibility...) Also I have 8.5k health and 3.5k armor, I'd say that's decent.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

yes the slots, previously expensive, were a nice addition. My definition of good loot is marketing value, and to give it a high value it either has to be on high demand or incredibly rare.
    This is the crux of the matter. Good loot needs to be incredibly rare, but if you are not one of the ones who get lucky, there is "no good loot".

But there is. The deeds are good loot. The helm is good loot. The slots are more common, but also good loot.

If we would have taken a subset of The Jarl's furniture, say the posters, painting, and massive gold piles, and made them drop less frequently (but still more than the deeds) would that make them "good loot"?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I think the loot and drop rates in this event were fine. The main purpose of this event was to get rid of upkeep. STS easily could have just removed upkeep with one quick update, but instead they gave us a whole new mini-event to run. I'm pretty impressed and thankful for the effort.

They're giving us all a free opportunity to fill up on housing inventory and furnishing slots, which usually cost platinum! I don't think anyone should have expected a lot of deeds to drop, as that would be unfair to the players who have already bought the high-tier houses. STS is already sacrificing potential revenue by giving us free upkeep and housing slots; making houses extremely rare drops was a good decision, in my opinion.
    IGN: Traosabara

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Traosabara For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    This is the crux of the matter. Good loot needs to be incredibly rare, but if you are not one of the ones who get lucky, there is "no good loot".

But there is. The deeds are good loot. The helm is good loot. The slots are more common, but also good loot.

If we would have taken a subset of The Jarl's furniture, say the posters, painting, and massive gold piles, and made them drop less frequently (but still more than the deeds) would that make them "good loot"?
    No it wouldn't. Or would it? I just wanted a reward for the hardworking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Traosabara View Post
    I think the loot and drop rates in this event were fine. The main purpose of this event was to get rid of upkeep. STS easily could have just removed upkeep with one quick update, but instead they gave us a whole new mini-event to run. I'm pretty impressed and thankful for the effort.

They're giving us all a free opportunity to fill up on housing inventory and furnishing slots, which usually cost platinum! I don't think anyone should have expected a lot of deeds to drop, as that would be unfair to the players who have already bought the high-tier houses. STS is already sacrificing potential revenue by giving us free upkeep and housing slots; making houses extremely rare drops was a good decision, in my opinion.
    Ikr just be thankful of the mini event sts gave us if you looted something good be thankful but if you weren't lucky enough better luck next time for the upcoming events as simple as that.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nightmaresmoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

The deeds are good loot, certainly, and the super smelly helm. But you said they were extremely rare, and I'm not expecting something worth so much to drop often, but I've tried - tried a lot - and I only looted common - rare - epic furniture, 2k gold, that stuff. The best I've looted is a breakfast table, a few other cheap vanity items, and a small gold pile. I appreciate the effort but I just didn't enjoy the event.
    Edit: yes the slots, previously expensive, were a nice addition. My definition of good loot is marketing value, and to give it a high value it either has to be on high demand or incredibly rare.

See, a prime example "I didn't loot a deed or a helm" therefore the event is a failure. Some people see stuff thru a peephole while others have a more larger view. Personally, I didn't loot anything of value but it was one of the better events that I have seen from STS. This event could've easily turned into one that requires energy and other instruments to access. I for one am thankful and hope everyone had a good time.

PS: Learn to be happy for others, in turn you'll live a happier live.
    Last edited by Melthyz; 07-27-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

, and most of you can't imagine having low damage.
    im a former mage hving a pretty good stats still i quit playing it cuz i dont feel the fun to be a mage unlike playing as a tank ..mybe u should change class too if u dont feel good being the "low damage" class..just my personal opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

And this event is free for all. Your choice if you wanna spend on a few Luck Elixirs but truly, this mini event is great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

wait for this event and Jarl will make u happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I didnt loot a deed or a smelly helm, but I am happily collecting furniture inventory slots and housing slots, so I wont have to use plat if/when I need these later. Plus there is a sale going on, did people forget? I picked up some cheap deeds. Obviously I also got furniture items I have never seen before, so hopefully killing Jarl for slots and furniture and the sale will become an annual event.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melthyz View Post
    See, a prime example "I didn't loot a deed or a helm" therefore the event is a failure. Some people see stuff thru a peephole while others have a more larger view. Personally, I didn't loot anything of value but it was one of the better events that I have seen from STS. This event could've easily turned into one that requires energy and other instruments to access. I for one am thankful and hope everyone had a good time.

PS: Learn to be happy for others, in turn you'll live a happier live.
    What can I earn from this event aside from slots? How is this " I didn't loot deed or helm this event is bad"? Doing km3 is literally better than the event.