Thread: [Elixirs are ruining PL?]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default [Elixirs are ruining PL?]

This is a small rant blah blah blah, containing my opinion on elixirs and how they're ruining Pocket Legends.

--

When Elixirs were introduced, they were small boosts (the 1.5x elixirs today) available for gold or a few platinum each. It worked well because you wouldn't suffer much from not using one, and it was a good way to spend extra gold. Gradually, they introduced elixirs with more and more bonuses, and made them Platinum-exclusive. It's a good way for STS to make money, but now with 3x and 4x mixes, we have several huge problems.

1. It has led to PL domination by those who spend lots of Real-world money on the game. Elixirs, mainly mixes with armor/speed/damage boosts are used 24/7 by a HUGE percentage of high levels. Economically, this is a good thing. But in terms of the game? It allows people to "buy their way through the game."

2. Pretty much the inverse of #1; people who don't spend real-world money are at a huge disadvantage, except many in pvp which doesn't matter.

3. As a direct result of #1, the teamwork and skill required to play all the dungeons has decreased astronomically. When's the last time you died with a 4x mix on? Ok, don't answer that; you get the point. PL has lost many of the Dungeon-dynamics strong in AO3 and te Sewers. Plus, tank/crowd-controlling bears are practically useless now!

--

Now, I'm fine with the xp-elixirs. But when you quadruple people's armor and damage, there's a problem. I would personally change the 3x and 4x elixirs to give the same damage/armor/speed/luck as the 2x, which should be the max in my opinion.

Another idea: make the Mount Fang campaign an elixir-free Elite Dungeon. We used to be able to use no pots, so since that changed, just take out elixirs! PL needs more of a challenge.

DISCLAIMER: Neither am I claiming the awesome Devs are being greedy, nor that Elixirs are evil and demonic and must be burned! I simply think the stat-boosting Elixirs need tweaking, adjusting, and balancing.

I may put some of these ideas into a formal suggestion or something, but for now it's just my thoughts and ideas. And I want to know yours too! What is your opinion on it today?

--Night
    Last edited by Nightarcher; 09-09-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    Gandalf有evel 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed有evel 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]