Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: arcane weapons at 16?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Default arcane weapons at 16?

Installed the game again yesterday and decided to pick up a lvl 15 set but was to poor for a para but thought I would do fine untill seeing that there are now lvl 16 arcane weapons...

I am worried that arcane weapons completely gonna kill twinking around lvl 16 for anyone that isn't extremely rich, tank was already one of the only classes which was quite good if you couldn't afford a para but now you need 10 mill (?) to buy a weapon that makes any other weapons obsolete...

Can't really say that I like the decision to make arcane weapons useable at lower lvls.
    Last edited by Justg; 08-01-2016 at 08:42 AM. Reason: less drama

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Appeltjes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

yo! bro,although i agree twink arcane weapons should have been introduced for all twink lvls but still its great work from sts devs !from long time twinks have demanded gear proggression with the introduction of arcane weapons which gives twinks hope of further more gear progresssion as twink got paid attention with arc weapons, rest the issue is of price of new arcane t weapons ofc its new stuff in the market and pretty hard to loot as well as drop rate is very low ofc with passage of time prices will drop but overall its great for twinks ,i hope soon we will have better gear then current ice set which has been around since 2014 winter event ,correct me if am wrong XD
    IT"S NOT OVER TILL IT IS OVER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I don't really mind the weapons only being for lvl 16+, I mostly find the price just insane, all the previous weapons which were improvements were event weapons which caused their price to stay relatively low which kept twinking accesible for the not to rich people, even the best legendary pets were event pets that didn't really cost a lot. Para gems were the only thing that separated the rich from the not so rich and already gave quite a big advantage.
    Last edited by Appeltjes; 07-30-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

if the twink needed gear progression doesnt mean they need arcane weapons...we twinks just need some item range to choose from...there are only 2-3 weapon and armour and ring for all twink levels...it would have been better if they released high level legendary like magma sets, etc to low level which gave comparable stats with the current weapons so twinks can have more options...with the arcane weapons twinks are not getting any weapon progression their options are more limited...there wil not be any weapon variability now...everyone will only go after one weapon...twinks need more options not just one universal gear for all...before arcanes people could choose between ss, galen, dev maul, etc...every weapon their own advantage but now only one...more limited in weapons...not even limited...there's just one option

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Litheus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Its forever farmeable so its price gonna decrease easily

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iiy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Oh god antiscrub @.@

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

They just came out 2 days ago. Give it some time and the price will decrease.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    They just came out 2 days ago. Give it some time and the price will decrease.
    the price isn't gonna go down, the thing adds over 100 dmg compared to a galen on lvl 17 and is even better than lvl 26 weapons for tanks, thats a ton of levels it has to cover, it would take months for the price to go down even by a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Of course it goes down... dropping 1m every other day... will be 500k before u know it...
    You shouldn't complain brand new awesome items are expensive... get to work and go farm one!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crudmudgeon View Post
    Of course it goes down... dropping 1m every other day... will be 500k before u know it...
    You shouldn't complain brand new awesome items are expensive... get to work and go farm one!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
    dropping 1m every day? you must be looking at a different auction than I am and "go farm one" most of the people I've seen drop an arcane chest ran for what? 5 minutes, I already ran for several hours so gl with farming one when it's full rng.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by princessraia View Post
    imo well if these twink items were released @ years ago this twink item would have cost 50m honestly lol
    okay, so?

they weren't released back then and they should've never gotten released, twinking was the only place were you could actually beat people when you were on a budget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

first of, not having new gears for lower level is a bit selfish.

because there are new players that tries arcane legends everyday

and the game is growing...

i understand you in a way that sticking with your old equips for the longest time is always the best because it's practical and cost efficient.

but not all twinks can afford that new weap and if they do you can still count them with your fingers so if you see one and your hesitant to fight em then get out and join another map...

nobody is holding a gun in your head to fight a twink with a new arc weap.
    So instead of new players being able to pick up a Galen or Storm sword for a couple 100k they should pick up a weapon that costs 8 mill, not to mention that if sts wanted gear to progress why did they then make a new weapon, the tarlok pendant is atm still the best pendant and that thing comes from the 2014 winter event, the weapons were already far more diverse than the pendants.

And if you actually played around this bracket (or simply entered paradise pier a couple of times) you would've noticed that there aren't a few people with arcane weapons, I've already seen 3 rogues and 5 tanks with the new weapons and I barely even log on anymore.

+there's nothing wrong with gear progressing but sts could've easily done it like they did in the past by making better gear in the upcoming halloween event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

They might aswell kill people in one hit, over 100 damage compared to a galen is a gg.

And twinks are pvp characters, so why does sts have to ruin twink lvls so that endgamers have smthn to be active for...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

How's this any different from the para gears that cost multiple millions? I don't quite understand. Forgive me if I don't.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersoldier View Post
    why does sts have to ruin twink lvls so that endgamers have smthn to be active for...
    So dramatic! Check out this other thread about L16 PvP: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...?365513-Twinks

Quote Originally Posted by CouchPass View Post
    16 is still pvpable without arcane, not a lot of people have them... and I've killed hooks players too. It's not that bad tbh, im a para rogue with maridos..
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaze View Post
    I agree with Lvst, you can still do very well in pvp at level 16 without an arcane weapon. Not many people have them, and the blades are especially easy to counter because they cant stun from a distance! But the best way to find out is to give it a try. Level 16 is going well and pvp is always fun!
    So... maybe not ruined.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    How do u know for sure these aren't l16 arcane weapon users trying nott to derail a thread and keep an op weapon op.

Hint at how long did it take to find out that paras and eyes ruined gems so bad we needed a jewel system.
    Because we play L16 on stealth characters both with and without the arcanes.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    How's this any different from the para gears that cost multiple millions? I don't quite understand. Forgive me if I don't.
    1 Para is enough on a set and that costs far less than an arcane weapon.

And for justg I would love seeing a dev kill this guy with 0/1 para's and no arcane weapon.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  208.2 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  222.6 KB

"I agree with Lvst, you can still do very well in pvp at level 16 without an arcane weapon. Not many people have them, and the blades are especially easy to counter because they cant stun from a distance! But the best way to find out is to give it a try. Level 16 is going well and pvp is always fun!"

And when you quote someone it would be handy quoting someone who knows smthn about pvp, anyone that owns an arcane weapon will 100% have a Nekro to stun from a distance (and also will be impossible to be stopped from closing in)+ shadow pierce is very common in rogue builds at 16 so closing in on an enemy to stun him should not be hard at all.
    Last edited by Appeltjes; 08-02-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

honestly even a player with the most OP items can be killed by a player with skills...

if your not confident with your skills then you rely on the most OP items...

and if you don't know how to balance you stats a person can rip you like paper in pvp room...

in short what im trying to stay if you have skills...

you can kill that player with an arcane weapon

P.S i found a player with a better stats than his and he is only level 10
    a lvl 10 can impossibly have over 300 damage unless he has a ton of buffs+damage elixir or is a dev

and with para vs no para it was easy to kill people that were money>skill but you can't outdamage a weapon that gives such a huge stat buff...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I dont think these weapons shouldve been released at all, i dont think twinking should exist at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    How do u know for sure these aren't l16 arcane weapon users trying nott to derail a thread and keep an op weapon op.

Hint at how long did it take to find out that paras and eyes ruined gems so bad we needed a jewel system.
    I told you im a para rogue with maridos ,_, to clarify I dont have hooks