Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Anyone xcant log?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    I think any sane, thinking person would have some fun with this, laugh at it and meanwhile notify the devs, just like with that bug a while ago with the helm that looked like a sword, or the bugs where you can walk out the walls.
    There is a difference between having a goofy sword and auto-leveling to 61. Sure, I would laugh about a goofy sword too, but for people to jump to 61 in under 3 minutes? Others have spent days of their time, and hundreds of dollars of plat, so this is much more severe. This is an event which gave bug exploiters an unfair upper-hand over everyone else.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

@Glut -

I understand your concern but if it werent for people like Elly, the bug would not have been found and we would have even more 61's by now. If it is not tested multuple times, it could be percieved as a slight glitch. Maybe it was a glitch for birds only? Not all who used the glitch are going to be as honest as Elly and not only report but also implicate themselves. Instead of putting someone on trial for speaking out, how bout we let the devs sort through things.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Personally I applaud the people who tried this and then posted about it in forums. It's because of their curiosity that the devs know about this in the first place. I think any sane, thinking person would have some fun with this, laugh at it and meanwhile notify the devs, just like with that bug a while ago with the helm that looked like a sword, or the bugs where you can walk out the walls. If I hadn't been asleep I would have tried it myself - not because I wanted the extra levels because I'm sure the devs will revert those toons to what they were before, but because I'd be curious to know exactly how it works. I was a Computer Science major and I'm dying to know how this bug could have crept into the code.
    As a fellow CS major, I myself was quite curious but had to refrain since I knew that most angles of the bug had been explored. I fail to see how acccomplishing the glitch could give any real insight as to the mechanism of action without at least a glance at the source code. The figures could help but it would be quite difficult to make an exact diagnosis based on a few tests. My main concern was the damage that would be done if numerous toons took advantage, I mean the server has been down for a while and STS is a business, if they deem it more lucrative to just rollback the entire server to accomplish the goal of resetting the xp gained by the bug then everyone is to suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    @Glut -

I understand your concern but if it werent for people like Elly, the bug would not have been found and we would have even more 61's by now. If it is not tested multuple times, it could be percieved as a slight glitch. Maybe it was a glitch for birds only? Not all who used the glitch are going to be as honest as Elly and not only report but also implicate themselves. Instead of putting someone on trial for speaking out, how bout we let the devs sort through things.
    I never made this a finger pointing contest, I just used examples (with names omitted) to justify my words. It was others who decided to out themselves as the individual who I was speaking about then publicly make it me against them. It's always been a discussion for the devs and only a gathering of opinions and ideas here. It never had to be personal.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 09-10-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

@Glut -

Thanks Crim, but I wish I found out and got to it first. I merely heard about it from a good friend, tested it, and we had our laughs. The moment I saw the thread informing of the glitch, it was the perfect time to let people know of the glitch, just not how to do it.

I doubt in any of my replies that I explained how to do it, just that it was there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Same deal for me, not once did I say how to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I never made this a finger pointing contest, I just used examples (with names omitted) to justify my words. It was others who decided to out themselves as the individual who I was speaking about then publicly make it me against them. It's always been a discussion for the devs and only a gathering of opinions and ideas here. It never had to be personal.
    Never said you did make it a personal attack, I used Elly as an example because he is the only one I have read admitting to what is going on. I see everyone's sides on this because I am affected as well. I have spent the last two days grinding because I was not able to play the new release until Tuesday night. I left the game with 30k xp into 60 and will be crushed if I find myself back at 56 (based on how far back this glitch goes.) I have already told others, I am pretty well known for my long xp runs and when I was noticing last night the increase in 61's, some I was 60 before them, I got a little discouraged. I even spent a quite a bit of time last night asking others where to level because I felt as if I was screwing up something. I mean, how in the world is an addict to 4x hour pots leveling this slow? LMAO

Well, I know the answer now!
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I heard whoever Abused it will get banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not going to mention names, but when I joined a friend he was doing the glitch with one of his mates, and once he got 61, he said "Ok, let me make my dex/Mage 61 now"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I just tested it......
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by largecommand View Post
    I heard whoever Abused it will get banned
    Please don't spread rumors. ATM, noone knows exactly what will happen. We will just patiently await the announcement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barbamitsos View Post
    I just tested it......
    lol, after this whole discussion?
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crimson, I actually have never ran with you but when I'm joining a PUG, I'll see your name down as a host

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not okay that staff aren't giving us some form of timely update. It's not enjoyable to see people so stressed (over a game). I also see a lot of frustration on the facebook page - surely STS have some idea as to how long the game'll be down? Really wanted to do some pink farming this afternoon
    Zaghorakis - level 60 bear | Arczaghorakis - level 60 bird | Enczaghorakis - level 60 enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbamitsos View Post
    I just tested it......
    lol, after this whole discussion?
    I think he means he just tested it nothing else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree i knew how but never told anyone how its done sorry fir those who missed the glitch but they should patch the "glitch" n let ppl keep their levels. Some may deem that unfair but it is what it is i mean tons of people missed the intense pink drops from new maps should they roll back for that too? No. Something tells me this glitch was no accident. Why would it work ob all maps and not just the new one perhaps a Dev leveling loophole ? Either way this is sts fault their POOR sloppy programming or it was intended.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Please don't spread rumors. ATM, noone knows exactly what will happen. We will just patiently await the announcement.
    Not actually a rumor but it is in the current tense as if they're not fixing the bug and watching us, check the last post HERE:

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne
    This thread is still here as notification that we're aware of the issue. Fix coming shortly. Those who abuse this bug will be banned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I didnt use the bug at all! Yesterday i did 5K xp and i think much people did even more than me! If they rollback the people who didnt use the bug im so angry! And i think so much people will quit! So just rollback or bann the people who used it!
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default cant log in

I cant log in to game. Says cant connect to server, please check ur internet connection while theres no problem playing sl...please fix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Blue

I dont think this was intended in any way, shape or form, and no people should be rolled back because it's completely unfair to those who have put in effort to get to 61. *cough* Elly *cough*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Not actually a rumor, check the last post HERE:
    Gluttony, I think we were all pretty much aware of that post. I considered it a warning from that point on, not a retrospective commentary or indication of their intent for previous testing or exploitation.
    Zaghorakis - level 60 bear | Arczaghorakis - level 60 bird | Enczaghorakis - level 60 enchantress