Thread: Suggested Changes to Engineer's Skills Protection and Force Shield

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What kamikazees said about the % absorb for shield is similar to what I had in mind. I was thinking more of a 25% absorb that lasts for the whole duration with no "pop", but either would be better than it is now.

As far as Protection, 30% dodge is probably excessive. Even 2.5 dodge per point would be pretty good, for a total of 15% at level 6. If you dodge an attack, you take zero damage. So taking zero damage 15% of the time would be much better than the one or two points of damage mitigation that it offers now. So I'm talking changing the armor buff into a dodge buff.

Here's how dodge works, at least I think. First there is a hit or miss roll. If there is a hit, then a dodge roll is ran based on the person's dodge rating. If there is no dodge, then there is a damage roll, and then that value is reduced by armor. If the attack is dodged, then there is no damage roll and DODGE appears over your head. This is why I liked dodge over armor in PL. In the long run 15% dodge will be quite a bit better than 60 armor. Sure you can still fall victim to 1 shot deaths, but thats where the proposed changes to shield would come in.
    Last edited by Raulur; 09-13-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Edited to explain dodge better
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member