Thread: Suggested Changes to Engineer's Skills Protection and Force Shield

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For protection, I would like a simple 5 percent dodge per level. Shield should just absorb a % of damage for the duration. That way both skills would scale well and not be overpowered at low levels/useless at high.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I agree with Raulur that the best way to change Protection is to make it a % based on damage, not armor. I would like it to reduce something like 10%...30% damage for 5 seconds with a 10 second recharge. Then having two Engineers would be a good thing.

As for Force Shield, I'm not sure I like the idea it not popping unless a high single damage packet is dealt. That would seem to make it useless when encountering heavy-hitting enemies. What's wrong with it just absorbing 75 damage altogether? That would mean several small hits could pop it, or one larger hit could pop it. Either way, it would provide some damage mitigation and prevent some spikes.

Or, Force Shield could mix this idea with yours and absorb 50% damage, up to 75 points, then pop. Now that I think about it, that may be the best of both worlds. It would last longer then, prevent some spikes (but not all), and take reasonable damage.