Thread: Radii Markers - Skill Range

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Radii Markers - Skill Range

My apologies for not grouping this with my earlier thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Status-Pop-Ups), but I had a temporary brain-lapse and couldn't recall the other item (i.e., this) that I intended to post about.

Radii Markers - Skill Range
    Whether you're new to the game or starting a new class with ranged skills that you're not familiar with, having an in-game range display (which may be toggled on/off via Options) to help see where, for example, "6m" really is would be nice. There may be a good reason why such a feature doesn't already exist (e.g., it's too resource-intensive for most devices), but -- along those same lines -- I wouldn't think that this would be much different from the Quest Guide Arrows from an implementation and resources standpoint (at least, I don't think that it would be the way that I'm envisioning it to look). I think that a simple series of color-coded, concentric circles centered about you, the player, would do the job. Everyone learns skill ranges with time, but this may be a good way to improve the learning curve.

Thanks,
    -E

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Perhaps an easier implementation would be to just subdivide the auto-attack dotted line into alternating colors so you could see where each 2m increment falls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    Perhaps an easier implementation would be to just subdivide the auto-attack dotted line into alternating colors so you could see where each 2m increment falls?
    Great idea -- that would certainly do the trick, too. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

+1 a good idea!

I'd like to see them circles, though. An engineer would certainly benefit from them. And no, they wouldn't be resource intensive. Besides naturally the thing would have to be off by default.