Thread: Brilliant Idea #42: How about a way to lock individual inventory items?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Brilliant Idea #42: How about a way to lock individual inventory items?

How about a way to lock an individual item in your inventory, so it is not tradeable or sellable?
    Please save us from our own stupidity!

I routinely liquidate large numbers of greens and oranges, as I'm sure many do.

This forces me to not carry any greens (like my green Pumpkin Chunker) I don't want to liquidate, for fear of accidental liquidation in the heat of the attempt to quickly liquidate several hundred greens and oranges.

Also, I've occasionally hit the "list item for sale" button an extra time and put up an item for sale I did not want to list. Luckily I was able to cancel the sale before anyone noticed and purchased.

I have on one occasion, I thought I was selling a rift force shield and accidentally gave them my hate shield.

Now I know this might take away some enjoyment from seeing the occasional support email "OMG I accidentally liquidated my Level 60 Strongman's Glyph Shield - HELP"
    To balance this, if you implement this suggestion, I will personally offer to occasionally do something extremely stupid and email support about it to give you guys a good laugh.

I know screen real estate is extremely limited. Though maybe not the best location, what if you added a button on the sell pop-up window? "Yes", "Cancel", and "HECK NO, I DON'T WANT TO LIQUIDATE, PLEASE LOCK THIS ITEM" (OK, the wording on that last button might need an adjustment) Then if you replace the "Sell For" button with "Unlock" for any item which is locked, when the confirm window pops up, the "Yes" button is disabled (marked "Locked"), and there is an "Unlock" button elsewhere in the window.

Perhaps there could be some sort of "liquidate" mode, where your locked items don't even show up in your inventory.

Thanks for listening as always!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    It's been suggested several times before. The last word I remember was asommers basically saying, "We wanted to avoid having to keep track of that setting for every item in your inventory." I can see how that can take up a ton of database space.
    Oh for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    At this point, unless it's an item you would normally equip, I would just keep it in stash or on a toon that doesn't get accessed a lot.
    Perfect!
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I think since this would be hard to implement, the fact that you can unliquidate an item right after it happens is probably good enough.