Thread: Snake Charmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Snake Charmer

I did a forum search for Snake Charmer and I was surprised that I didn't see where someone had mentioned this before. I have experienced this many times and it seems like everyone else has too. My understanding of this fight is if you are hit by his white colored aoe attack, you then hide behind a pillar so the red aoe attack won't kill you. Cool concept, but almost every time myself or someone else in my group is hit by the red aoe attack through the pillar. Sometimes most or all of the group is wiped out from this. It's a bit frustrating when you do what you're supposed to and get rewarded with a 20k crit to the face anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

From what I understand, even if you are all technically behind the pillar, but one of your members gets caught by the blast, that member has a small AoE of the blast.

In other words, if one member is still 'outside' the pillar, but very close to the group, the entire group gets wiped by the blast as well.

Not sure if this is certain, but from what I've observed, this is what I believe.

I tend to tell my group to either be fully behind the pillar or not at all. If making the pillar is tight, stay away to avoid blasting your team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    From what I understand, even if you are all technically behind the pillar, but one of your members gets caught by the blast, that member has a small AoE of the blast.

In other words, if one member is still 'outside' the pillar, but very close to the group, the entire group gets wiped by the blast as well.

Not sure if this is certain, but from what I've observed, this is what I believe.

I tend to tell my group to either be fully behind the pillar or not at all. If making the pillar is tight, stay away to avoid blasting your team.
    I'm pretty sure this has happened to me when I was behind a pillar with my teammates by a different pillar and nobody next to me, but I will try to pay more attention to where everyone else is from now on to verify. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor View Post
    I'm pretty sure this has happened to me when I was behind a pillar with my teammates by a different pillar and nobody next to me, but I will try to pay more attention to where everyone else is from now on to verify. Thanks for the feedback.
    Oh. Hmm, interesting. Maybe a small delay between server and device perception?

I know sometimes when I haul for the pillar, that in my eyes, I make it to behind the pillar. But the moment that cut-scene cuts in for the blast, my character jumps to outside 0.0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

OK here's the thing.. He can only kill you if you are hit by both red & white aoe attacks, doesn't matter in which order. It's better to avoid the white aoe since it it debuffs your character, slowing them down. The red aoe does nothing, I always laugh when they ask me why aren't you dying. Anyways that's the low down I hope it helps.
    Last edited by Orcish; 09-12-2011 at 10:06 PM.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Oh. Hmm, interesting. Maybe a small delay between server and device perception?

I know sometimes when I haul for the pillar, that in my eyes, I make it to behind the pillar. But the moment that cut-scene cuts in for the blast, my character jumps to outside 0.0
    I've noticed the "jump back" from the cut scene and so I always watch where I am in the cut scene, not where I made it to before the cut scene. Maybe it's still some kind of lag, but the instances I am referring to have my toon behind the pillar on my screen in the cut scene.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post
    OK here's the thing.. he can only kill you if you are hit by both red & white aoe attacks, doesn't matter in which order. It's better to avoid the white aoe since it it debuffs your character slowing them down. The red aoe does nothing, I always laugh when they ask me why aren't you dying. Anyways that'sthe low down i hhope it helps.
    How do you know when he is going to do the white aoe? I don't want to hide behind the pillar until he does it. It seems like that would slow things down a bit with killing him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ya you still have to hide behind the pillars, there's no way around it :'( . You know he's going to cast an aoe roughly 10 seconds after he uses the last one, other then that, there isn't a way to tell. Keep track of the color and seconds, hide when you know he is about to use the white aoe.
    Last edited by Orcish; 09-12-2011 at 10:24 PM.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post
    Ya you still have to hide behind the pillars, there's no way around it :'( . You know he's going to cast an aoe roghly 10 seconds after he uses the last one, other then that there isn't a way to tell. Keep track of the color and seconds, hide when you know he is about to use the white aoe
    Hmm, in my experience the timing seems extremely inconsistent. Sometimes it seems like he takes a while and sometimes it seems almost immediately after the last one. Am I imagining this? O_o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

How do you know when he is going to do the white aoe? I don't want to hide behind the pillar until he does it. It seems like that would slow things down a bit with killing him.
    I can't tell either. Unlike Gurgox's precautionary shout, Snake doesn't seem to have any warning before he'll do a white scream.

My theories:

1. He stays put for a few seconds right before he does the actual white scream.

2. The first scream is triggered by time, the subsequent ones I don't know, since sometimes he does two almost consecutively, but sometimes with a large interval.

A good group can at most kill him after one red blast, really good ones can kill him even before his white blast. But as a bear, to avoid the first red blast, I always use my Beckon - Stomp combo as an indicator. If I'm first to the boss, I can do two beckon-stomp combos before I have to immediately run to a pillar and hide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hmm, in my experience the timing seems extremely inconsistent. Sometimes it seems like he takes a while and sometimes it seems almost immediately after the last one. Am I imagining this? O_o
    That's why I said,"roughly".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Think it's s bug. Have had several issues where a person is on side of pillar and dies and no1 is affected and other times when everyone is completely behind pillar and dies.
    Most affective way I see of killing him is right against a pillar, white flash and all behind + u continue doing damage. Easy hit and hide routine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I have experienced the mentioned bug. In my experience it always happens if you hide behind the pillar on the left side (left side = from the view as you walk in to the boss area). I've had it happen about 5 times total, and only ever if we were hiding behind that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

So is this s bug or not because im tired of dying behind the pillars also tired of the 1 hitter mobs in some levels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fastcast View Post
    So is this s bug or not because im tired of dying behind the pillars also tired of the 1 hitter mobs in some levels
    The one hitter's have procs. Check out Moog's thread on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

O ok tnx