Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: About Mage's Shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry, I am rogue and I don't see a problem with mages shield. They absolutely need it in elite maps.

With regards to pvp, I think some of these rogues are blowing things out of proportion. I am noooob in pvp but even I am able to break a mages shield in my second combination of aim, nox and pierce.

I'm one of those nosy people who always checks people's stats. I think one thing is clear and that is rogues kill more than they die. Even if a rogue dies, what's the big deal since we can get back to the fight so quickly using pierce?

STS has all of the statistics. They should look at those numbers and see what works. Out of 100k kills, it should be rogues killed 50k and died 50k times, mages killed 35k and dies 35k times and tanks killed 15k and died 15k times. The numbers are up for debate but something along those lines would be balance. I don't think it looks like that now. I am willing to hedge my bets that rogues kill 3x and many as they die. I am only speaking from what I see by snooping at people's stats. I think sts should look into this and stop listening to the influence of biased players. The numbers don't lie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bira View Post
    Sorry, I am rogue and I don't see a problem with mages shield. They absolutely need it in elite maps.

With regards to pvp, I think some of these rogues are blowing things out of proportion. I am noooob in pvp but even I am able to break a mages shield in my second combination of aim, nox and pierce.

I'm one of those nosy people who always checks people's stats. I think one thing is clear and that is rogues kill more than they die. Even if a rogue dies, what's the big deal since we can get back to the fight so quickly using pierce?

STS has all of the statistics. They should look at those numbers and see what works. Out of 100k kills, it should be rogues killed 50k and died 50k times, mages killed 35k and dies 35k times and tanks killed 15k and died 15k times. The numbers are up for debate but something along those lines would be balance. I don't think it looks like that now. I am willing to hedge my bets that rogues kill 3x and many as they die. I am only speaking from what I see by snooping at people's stats. I think sts should look into this and stop listening to the influence of biased players. The numbers don't lie
    In a random environment, rogues are fine. As soon as people stack warriors and sorcerers, rogues are not fine. It's been acknowledged by developers themselves this is an issue, so there's no need to downplay it.

May I ask your IGN?

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post
    Lack of mana
    The rogues die before they run out of mana. O.o
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Lack of mana
    Vengeful blood.

[Rogue > Mage] in the rock, paper, scissors balance.

Yet, 5 rogues will always be dominated by 5 mages.

O.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breakingbadxx View Post
    Vengeful blood.

[Rogue > Mage] in the rock, paper, scissors balance.

Yet, 5 rogues will always be dominated by 5 mages.

O.O
    Can VB replenish mana of rogues?

Anyways when I try to edit my post it gets deleted. So I will post it here.

Mage team is superior because
    1. Almost unlimited mana pool. Rogues are using some mana regeneration pet and packs mastery. That may help and also STS are planning to give brutality set and reducing mana consumption. Which of course will ensure greater survival.
    2. Warriors doesn't have to rely on VB when mage is on team so they can use extra attack skill.
    3. Well synched AS and nekro shield ensures that mages won't get stunned. Rogues can do the same with Razor but not too many rogues use it.
    4. Don't forget mage is AOE class.
    5. Rogues barely provide any support to the team beside packs and fast kill.

That's all I can think of now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Can VB replenish mana of rogues?

Anyways when I try to edit my post it gets deleted. So I will post it here.

Mage team is superior because
    1. Almost unlimited mana pool. Rogues are using some mana regeneration pet and packs mastery. That may help and also STS are planning to give brutality set and reducing mana consumption. Which of course will ensure greater survival.
    2. Warriors doesn't have to rely on VB when mage is on team so they can use extra attack skill.
    3. Well synched AS and nekro shield ensures that mages won't get stunned. Rogues can do the same with Razor but not too many rogues use it.
    4. Don't forget mage is AOE class.
    5. Rogues barely provide any support to the team beside packs and fast kill.

That's all I can think of now.
    Rogues can't do the same, their damage drops like crazy when they're realistically only using 1 attack skill. Also, just razor will not insure you survive.

However, yes, VB can replenish mana of rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Rogues can't do the same, their damage drops like crazy when they're realistically only using 1 attack skill. Also, just razor will not insure you survive.

However, yes, VB can replenish mana of rogues.
    Hmm interesting. I didn't know warrior can replenish mana of others.

Anyways don't worry be happy. STS is planning to buff rogues.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Sorry but even the most brainless mage will not allow you to fire 2 back to back combos on him/ her. That is a hypothetical situation that almost never happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

[QUOTE=Zeus;2564252]In a random environment, rogues are fine. As soon as people stack warriors and sorcerers, rogues are not fine. It's been acknowledged by developers themselves this is an issue, so there's no need to downplay it.

May I ask your IGN?

Ddzc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

[QUOTE=Bira;2564279]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    In a random environment, rogues are fine. As soon as people stack warriors and sorcerers, rogues are not fine. It's been acknowledged by developers themselves this is an issue, so there's no need to downplay it.

May I ask your IGN?

Ddzc
    Well if you can't see the nickname and the banner with his Nick then there's a several problem with you :/

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiryas View Post

Well if you can't see the nickname and the banner with his Nick then there's a several problem with you :/

What do you mean? I haven't attacked you or ever addressed you. Why are you insulting me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Lol why is everybody ( 4 players lol... ) trying to nerf mage? Thats not they way to balance , and will get the pve players raging again. Lets just peacfully buff rouge and everybody will be happy

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Lol why is everybody ( 4 players lol... ) trying to nerf mage? Thats not they way to balance , and will get the pve players raging again. Lets just peacfully buff rouge and everybody will be happy
    I am noy having problem with mages, what make us upset is that are also (4 Mage Players ) that think that they know how play rogue better than us! LoL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Only bringing to light the fact that the intended [Rogue > Mage] section of the rock, paper, scissors balance is currently not what it seems.

Mages would always defeat warriors. Fair enough. [Mage > Warrior].

O.O
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-10-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

[QUOTE=Valkiryas;2564285]

There's no need to be rude..

What do you mean? I haven't attacked you or ever addressed you. Why are you insulting me?
    Is there any way I can show you this issue I'm describing in PvP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

[QUOTE=Zeus;2564347]

There's no need to be rude..

Is there any way I can show you this issue I'm describing in PvP?
    Sorry but english isn't my native languaje, I didn't say what I said to be rude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I am noy having problem with mages, what make us upset is that are also (4 Mage Players ) that think that they know how play rogue better than us! LoL
    oky if you dont have a problem withe mages whats the thread about?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    oky if you dont have a problem withe mages whats the thread about?
    It's about how mage's have a great shield while Rogue just have Nekro ( A mage can use Nakro aswell ), and RZ isn't enough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

oops forgot to add to add since you know you yo play your class way did you ot factor in your dodge since rogues have high dodge thay can dodge most of the mages gun atks leaveing him only with he 2 atk skills fb and lig or ice and lig not giveing him much options on atk.Mages also are not glass cannons so thay dont have to be glassy ( something that can brake easily) well easily fast that is. And if you look at it this way rouge with razor shield nekro and high dodge has 3 defensis at once where the mage has 2 nekro and shield wich can be broken easily by a rogue nerfing the shield will that be fair ?
    just stateing my mind here no need to agree sorry for grammar mestakes

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mrm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Zeus is correct. In a random environment rogues are op against both classes honestly. If rogue plays walls in ctf map or use rocks in tdm they should do fine. Duel is more limited area with no obstructions or environmental defenses. Similarly a Mage can beat a rogue with walls or rocks. Rogues can beat tanks with walls or rocks. Not in the open though. The issue lies in the ridiculous heal cycle. Mages were always needed in clash but it was primarily for mana. It's the combination of the Mage and tank skills and how they work so well together that presents its problem.

The reason you likely can't NERF those classes is bc without the class stack and a NERF to either or both it would be terrible for both mages and tanks. It leaves the adjustments to have to happen on the rogue. It's either a skill gets revamped to provide meaningful team support or damage. I don't think aimed or pierce should get a buff though. I have to choose generally between fire and ice depending on the situation for 2 attack and 2 defense skills. I think there should be a meaningful buff to rogues but also should make spec decisions more difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

With a good combination for shield amd pet(Nekro) the mages re unstopables thats unfair for the anothers classes, the weapons for the mages always are good and give they a lot of dmg with a extreme velocity for apply skills, now the staff 56 give they a great adventage with a incredible crits, inmunity to stun with this shield and nekro, if want to conserve this adventage, add inmuty stun to the Juggernaut Skill , a warrior cam apply this skill but always re affected with bleeds effects all it is unfair want a balance? Yes need it...