Thread: Walie's Lv 66, 71, and 80 Conclusive PvP Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Default Walie's Lv 66, 71, and 80 Conclusive Fox PvP Guide

Hello all and welcome to my first conclusive fox PvP Guide!

In this guide, I look to help you destroy PvP with a class that I have played (almost exclusively) since its release. A quick thing to note is that this guide may be posted in sections, I may have only the lv 66 guide up at one time but be sure to check back later for the latter level guides. Without further due, let's get into it !

For starters, I would like to preface this by saying that ranger is easily the hardest class to pull off in PvP, it will take time and effort but with these tips I am sure you will have the same success I have had if not better!

In any lv PvP, there are a few attribute builds that can work:

Full Dex:
    Firstly, there is the full dex fox. Although its fun to jump at someone and blow up their face, it's pretty hard to do with fox. A full dex build does indeed add ridiculous damage, but it also leaves you vulnerable to heavy burst, and with you not able to unstun... oh boy #Would recommend for rushers. :P

Dex/Str:
    Secondly, there is the dex/str fox, this is similar to the dex fox, however here you will put the smallest amount of dex needed for the set you wish to wear, with the rest going into str. This is a decent build which will do significant damage and leave you less vulnerable to damage. This is the build I recommend for 1v1 PvP.

Str/Dex:
    As you knew I would, I saved the best for last. The str/dex fox is by far the best build for a fox at 66, 71, or 80 PvP. Here, you put the smallest amount of str needed for your desired set, and put the rest into dex. By doing this, you allow yourself to do decent damage because of the damage that scales off of the amount of dex, while also being able to take some hits with the str gear. With this build, you will find that fox is a class that truly is worth playing.

Please Read ---> All builds in this guide will be designed for the Str/Dex fox, however these builds can work for all 3 types of fox I mentioned above.

Lv 66 Build
    Name:  Screenshot (81).png
Views: 588
Size:  1.05 MB
    With this build, you will find yourself doing a TON of up front damage. This means that birds and mages will be the best classes to set your sights on, as they cannot handle the fast burst from your full combo. Bears, as with any lv, will be a difficulty because of their stuns (which you cannot get out of).

Build Explanation:

Rabid Bite- Having 9 Rabid Bite provides burst to your combo that mages and birds will rarely be able to respond to.

Vixen Kick- This skill is bread and butter damage, but at this lv, str sets do not have great damage when not on a bear. Because of this, we need to focus our efforts on debuffing our opponent rather than hitting with raw force. That is why I have it at 4 .

Poison Needles- One of my favorite skills, poison needs is a high damage debuff spell that lowers the targets armor. It is aoe, and can be hard to hit because it shoots directly ahead of the direction you are standing. Its debuff, lowering regen, seems arbitrary, but it truly does it. It lasts for a few seconds and with regen upwards of 20-30 per second, that's pretty much a free 100 dmg!

Evasion- Not much explanation needed here... I like dodge!

Fury- Here many of you may be thinking that I am full of baloney, but please hear me out. These builds are designed for a str fox, which traditionally has low hit chance compared to the other classes of pl. This buff purely increases hit %. I have it at 9 here because the more we hit, the more likely we are to win....

Hamstring- Again, you may think I am full of baloney, but at this level, dodge isn't a major concern. With 9 fury, we are guaranteed to hit all the skills we can through the enemies debuffs.

Poison Dart- Same explanation as poison needles but, I find that this being single target makes it less valuable.

Armor Shred- We like to shred armor Shredding armor means more damage. Furthermore, I allows us to do competent damage through a mage's mana shield armor bonus.

Fox Howl- Having strength gear means your teammates may expect you to tank, having 9 Fox Howl allows for you to survive the enemy damage.

Bandage- Gets stopped by damage, do not recommend.

Hypnotize- Keep it low, keep it cool. Damage doesn't scale up with points, just the pull strength.

Rage Tonic- Free damage, we like damage.

Notice: Do NOT use evasion as an unstun... Use as a buff

Many of you will notice that I have rabid bite above lv 1, this is because I find ctf to be a rarity at this lv of pvp and thus the build should be centered towards PvP

Lv 71 Build:
    Name:  Lv71.png
Views: 587
Size:  1.18 MB
    With ctf still a rare gamemode at this lv, I have rabid bite at 9 for maximum up front damage once again.

However, I did decide to put more points into hamstring and vixen kick as classes begin to gain dodge.

With a higher lv hamstring, lowering dodge will be a necessity at this lv of PvP. Also, vixen kick adds extra burst so mages cant heal or mana shield in time :P

Build Explanation:

NOTE: Most of this explanation is verbatim from the original because my thinking has not changed between these two levels of PvP.

Rabid Bite- Having 9 Rabid Bite provides burst to your combo that mages and birds will rarely be able to respond to.

Poison Needles- One of my favorite skills, poison needs is a high damage debuff spell that lowers the targets armor. It is aoe, and can be hard to hit because it shoots directly ahead of the direction you are standing. Its debuff, lowering regen, seems arbitrary, but it truly does it. It lasts for a few seconds and with regen upwards of 20-30 per second, that's pretty much a free 100 dmg!

Fury- Here many of you may be thinking that I am full of baloney, but please hear me out. These builds are designed for a str fox, which traditionally has low hit chance compared to the other classes of pl. This buff purely increases hit %. I have it at 9 here because the more we hit, the more likely we are to win....

Poison Dart- Same explanation as poison needles but, I find that this being single target makes it less valuable.

Armor Shred- We like to shred armor Shredding armor means more damage. Furthermore, I allows us to do competent damage through a mage's mana shield armor bonus.

Fox Howl- Having strength gear means your teammates may expect you to tank, having 9 Fox Howl allows for you to survive the enemy damage.

Bandage- Gets stopped by damage, do not recommend.

Hypnotize- Keep it low, keep it cool. Damage doesn't scale up with points, just the pull strength.

Lv 80 CTF Build:
    Name:  lv80 ctf.png
Views: 593
Size:  1.14 MB
    Here, this build has lv 1 rabid bite for the second dash for flag carrying purposes. (Ik Runazeisback LOVES it foxes flag run so be sure to do that in his games)

Next, you can see that I maxed both needles for the slow which allows me to get on top of high priority targets (Mages) while also lowering their health regen so their heal is slightly less of a counter to my damage.

I also use a high level pull to pull ppl way close to smell my cologne. Mmmmmm sexy. (But for reals high pull for ctf)

Build Explanation:

- Do not question Walie ;D

And Finally, what (I think) you all have been waiting for....

Lv 80 PvP Build:

Name:  Lv 80.png
Views: 609
Size:  1.12 MB
    Although this is not my personal build, this is by far the next best thing. With high initial burst and high needle points to give adequate sustained dmg with auto attacks (Destroys Hp Regen) this is a build that will give sure-fire success.

Like the other levels, we keep the hypnotize low to not waste skill points and rather put them into things that put out damage... I like damage :P

Build Explanation:

Buffs- All buffs are 9 to ensure that we have the best stats possible when going into a fight.

Needles- Both needles are relatively high so that in the case that the opponent dodges one needle, we still have the other to reduce their health regen significantly.

Dashes- Both are high to get maximum damage :P I like damage... >

Armor Shred- We put armor shred higher than we did previously because endgame sets typically have high armor. Shredding this armor allows us to shrekem...

To conclude, fox is an amazing class that I truly believe to be the most fun in Pocket Legends. Although I am clearly biased, I do not believe there is another class that even comes close to the fox in terms of fun. Of course, fox is generally under-powered, especially in PvP, but with these builds, you honestly can have a great deal of success .

If you have any questions or suggestions for the guide, please put them in the comments. I will do what I can to answer questions and improve the guide.

Thanks for Reading!!!
    Walie
    Last edited by Congeniality; 12-11-2016 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Added build explanations for clarity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

If you think fox is the hardest class to pull off in pvp try a endgame rhino that's rough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    If you think fox is the hardest class to pull off in pvp try a endgame rhino that's rough
    True that. Literally can't kill anything, just tanks for days . I just think fox is harder because it does what a bird does... only with more variables that have to go right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Yeah fox isn't exactly easy especially full dex fox which imo was most fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    Yeah fox isn't exactly easy especially full dex fox which imo was most fun
    :P Agreed. Full dex by far the most fun way to play fox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey Walie,
    I'm just wondering if these builds are good because honestly ur not rly good. but I'm not hatin or anythin. Thx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Beckonstomp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beckonstomp View Post
    Hey Walie,
    I'm just wondering if these builds are good because honestly ur not rly good. but I'm not hatin or anythin. Thx
    They are godlike, np