Thread: What should I look for in a pet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default What should I look for in a pet?

Hello everyone! It's been about 20 days since I started playing this game and I am really inexperienced.

I am currently a level 53 mage in the game and I'm looking for a pet combo which will cost me around 400-500k. I read all threads in the first page of "Pets" forum but the information I found were mostly not about mages/PvE and pets which people say that are cheap were above 1m gold!

So as a PvE mage I wanted to ask you what should I look for in a pet's:

1-Passive
    For example I did not understand why would I need boss stunner until I found someone who says it interrupts bosses red zones.

2-Happiness
    I am currently using Loki since it gives %15 damage bonus. Since Loki is 5k, it looks like damage is not so important! So what is important for happiness? I have no idea about this.

3-Arcane Ability

I was using Frost until today and I only used AA just once!(I was dueling a warrior, thought it would be a good idea to keep him away from me, haha.)
    Other than that people say Gyrm is a good idea, but I don't understand why would a mage need crit?

With the information I get from here I will try to make a pet combo for 500k~, if you have a direct suggestion for this mage PvE pet combo please explain why and how do I use it.

Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Teasajah; 08-15-2016 at 02:09 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Sure happy to help.

Ill explain and give u a cheap pet combo.
    Btw gratz on speed lvling

1. Passive ability

This refers to the look of the pet and how it attacks mobs or bosses
    For mobs it good to has a pet that hits multiple enemys at once.
    And maybe adds dot stuff like poison or stun.
    For bosses once u try underhul or hard elites the boss can kill u in 1 shot even if ur a warrior with high hp
    Therefore players advise u to have stun for this
    Also most most important is a melle attacking pet cause if its near to boss of enemy u get full effect of the arcane abilty (AA)

I prefer gloom (300k at lowest. 800k at highest) this is a multiple attacker and gives poison and melle pet.

Another is slink. An event pet which players got for free. Srry u missed it.

2. Happiness bonus

This adds to ur stats mainly.
    Mages have a skill called lightning which is op to them and used mainly for bosses. Having high crit makes this skill stronger by alot. Thus if u use this skill more crit is better.
    Basically u wanna have more DEX STR INT CRIT DMG in happiness. As this increases the most.

Nightshade (ns) has the best dmg ingame and increases alot of ur dmg. (800k to 1m)
    Toor has the best happiness imo (2.5m to 3m)

However for u as a low prices pet the lvl 26cap (long time ago) the pet MALISON was the best pet. And has a good dex for rogues. U can use that.
    Or just scroll in pet menu and see which gives better DEX STR INT CRIT AND DMG.
    Mage : primary stat is INT and better to get more INT
    Warrior : primary stat is STR and is better to get for STR
    rogue: primary stat is DEX and is better to get morr DEX
    This is due to the BONUS DMG % u recive and makes u stronger alot.

3. Arcane ability

This is the special ability of a pet.
    Each pet has a different special ability or AA
    And each has a different cooldown.

This is best suited to be chosen based on ur playing style.

Stun pets is used mainly on bosses and nth else. If u plan to run underhul or hard elites i suggest u get a seperate pet combo that stun alot alot.
    Mob pulling pets is highly useful if ur a rog with arcane drag dags
    Or a mage spamming his skills in elites or hard places.
    Any pet with high dmg giving aa is useful
    Any pet with stat debuffs to mobs is useful as well.
    Usually pet giving buff or stat increase AA is not used unless it gives u immunity. Cause happiness usually cover this.

Kelvin is the best stun pet (25k at lowest and 40k at highest)
    Swift for pulling (400k at lowest to 700k at highest) will lower alot in the winter event tons. Best to wait for that.
    Breeze for freezing. this is farmable if ur up to it. (400k)
    Nekro is the best aa for speed immunity and stats (5m+)
    Gloom for dot circle thingy. (300k to 800k)
    Korruption for mob debuffs (event pet given for free. Sorry u missed it)
    Slink for poison and stun (given for free in event sorry u missed it)
    Ethyl frog for slowing enemys alot but has high cooldown so basically used only for kiting. (80k to 100k).

But check out the pet menu and choose for urself. Choose a legendary though

My combos are.
    Gloom ns and swift for pve.
    In that order of passive happiness and AA
    Imma rogue for elite running and arc drag dags

Purple dodo. Or valkin as passive with kelvin AA for boss stuns.. i forgot its happiness. But it doesnt matter.
    And pure only slink no combo for boss stunning too.

HOPE I HELPED. BTW THIS IS ALL IMO.

ign sandeeep

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thank you so much for all these information Sandeeep.

I think I will just buy Gloom and level it in KM3 for now. (Will be the only thing I do these days, I am leveling+locks) I am convinced that it had a good passive and it probably already has better happinesses than any cheap pet. Also I think it's own AA is better than a stun for KM3.

As I become 56, I will be ready for elites with a Gloom which has a decent level.(Going 54 today btw.) For elites I think I will just add Kelvin's AA and save some gold for a good happiness.

Thanks again, you helped a lot!