Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Increasing the range of ranged rogue skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    Believe me or not 25% damage reduction on razor mastery will make rogue OP in vs a mages. And that longer range will make a mage very easily to die cause rogue will easier to combo a mages, that my point of view if using mages. Well if in warrior view thats not a big problem since warrs got medium health to survive from s rogue combo even in long range, but sure it will make warrior(s) bit hard to kill rogue, so it will be pull the rogue or die in rogue hand
    It wont be OP but it will help survival rogue. None said that will be applied with longer range. I'm also mage and rogue, counting that my main is tank. And rogues definitely need at least 25% damage reduction. Also it will make huge damage loss cause you'll be able only to use 2 and not 3 attack skills. We talk here about upgrade mastery to 25% instead 10%. And not stacking them both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    It wont be OP but it will help survival rogue. None said that will be applied with longer range. I'm also mage and rogue, counting that my main is tank. And rogues definitely need at least 25% damage reduction. Also it will make huge damage loss cause you'll be able only to use 2 and not 3 attack skills. We talk here about upgrade mastery to 25% instead 10%. And not stacking them both.
    Well if my main was tank it will fine, but my main view was mage, most rogue combo only aim and pierce and that enough to take down a mage, well its still fine with rogue in my brackets, most mage still could defeat rogue in 1v1, but if the mastery applied than it will different

Note: that rogue in vs was using razor

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Well if my main was tank it will fine, but my main view was mage, most rogue combo only aim and pierce and that enough to take down a mage, well its still fine with rogue in my brackets, most mage still could defeat rogue in 1v1, but if the mastery applied than it will different

Note: that rogue in vs was using razor

I was playing mage PVP till cap 46 came and yea its hard to kill rogue with razor but its well possible. I would like first to see this in test then talk about anything. From clash perspective there isn't another and better solution than this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    I was playing mage PVP till cap 46 came and yea its hard to kill rogue with razor but its well possible. I would like first to see this in test then talk about anything. From clash perspective there isn't another and better solution than this
    Yep you're right thats very hard to kill rogue in 48, i agree with the test first bur remove the kdr cause ill duel with alot of rogue when the test day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Yep you're right thats very hard to kill rogue in 48, i agree with the test first bur remove the kdr cause ill duel with alot of rogue when the test day

Yes. Removal KDR is just must have to test things like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breakingbadxx View Post
    Increasing the range of ranged rogue skills won't reduce their fragility. It just means they will no longer be forced to stay in the front lines of battle as they do now due to their currently short range.

They aren't mages and can't cast a 2 second invulnerability and 65% damage reduction shield when they feel threatened. They must also actually pick up their packs to get healed as they don't get an instant burst of heal when they want.

They need their distance to survive, just like any other bow (skill) wielding class in any mmorpg.
    What I mean this fragility is according to increase dmg reduced on skill razor mastery. But in range case scenario if devs increase the range of rog, in my opinion this will be unfair to mage perspective. Mage only have fireball and ice that have the same range with rog skill. This will make mage 2s invulnerability become useless against rog because he can't touch her but she can. And in team battle, rog must standing close to the range of war charged heal that can stop the dmg 3s to survive so the longer range won't increase the survivability in team clash. What makes mage survive from rog attack is just 2s invulnerable with 27 cooldown and 3s protective shield from war. Nekro shield, mage heal and 65% reduce dmg from mage shield is nothing against 2s cd rog skill combo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Increasing the range of ranged rogue skills won't reduce their fragility. It just means they will no longer be forced to stay in the front lines of battle as they do now due to their currently short range.

They aren't mages and can't cast a 2 second invulnerability and 65% damage reduction shield when they feel threatened. They must also actually pick up their packs to get healed as they don't get an instant burst of heal when they want.

They need their distance to survive, just like any other bow (skill) wielding class in any mmorpg.
    Its true rogues aren't mages so their survival should not exceed as mages have.

I have to tell again that arcane shield doesn't grant 65% damage reduction. Charged shield provide 55%, also we cannot pop it all the the time as it has longer CD.

On the topic I agree that longer range may help rogues to survive. Its a nice idea as it doesn't break the glass aspect of rogues.
    Also I am always supporting giving little more damage reduction to rogues in tdm/ctf map but not in duel arena as it may break the current duel balance we have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

If they increase range for rogue they have to for mages with gun as well both are ranged and it's not fair that nothing will be able to reach a rogue unless he/she comes in for a heal...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

and thus they have to increase other range attack too, thats the dilemma so might as well leave it
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Venom set runs out of mana so quickly that I do not know any rogue who would be sane enough to use it full time.
    I use venom set full time...oh..yea..erm..
    Last edited by Java; 08-17-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zikovsky View Post
    I don't understand, Rog still have the most single target dmg output but they don't want to be fragile. We can't get everything guys. PvP is about teamwork and u can survive and kill a lot if your team mate is focus to covering u the most dmg dealer. The big problem is most of ppl are greed to kill too and don't care about rog survival. My advice is u must choose ur team mate and opponent wisely and if u act like the game changer I believe ur team mate will sacrifice their life for you to winning the game. I don't mind if devs increase dmg reduced and attack range on PvE only but if we talk about PvP, I will say "BIG NO".
    1. She does not enough damage to eliminate a target before it heal or receive healing an ally. There is a great cycle of shield and healing.

2. When a rogue loses nekro shield can be eliminated quickly. Without the possibility of healing.

3. And the most logical not matter if I have damage and be glass. Because my target or his allies will hit back.

Name:  14379830199_5cd367541c_z.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  73.9 KB
    Last edited by soon; 08-17-2016 at 09:55 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to soon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    If they increase range for rogue they have to for mages with gun as well both are ranged and it's not fair that nothing will be able to reach a rogue unless he/she comes in for a heal...
    Mages have guns in their possession, not snipers.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Breakingbadxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Mages have guns in their possession, not snipers.
    And bows are now snipers? It's only fair if you increase range for one ranged class then you have to increase it for all ranged classes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    and thus they have to increase other range attack too, thats the dilemma so might as well leave it
    My suggestion is to keep 'glass' as far as possible from the frontlines. Extending the range of the frontlines will only bring us back to square 1, thus rogues should have ranged attack skills with a longer range than any other class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

And bows are now snipers? It's only fair if you increase range for one ranged class then you have to increase it for all ranged classes
    If player A wanted their bow wielding class to have equal range to a mage, they would've chosen a mage.

Usually in MMOrpg's, archer classes have more maximum range than mage classes.

Additionally, a fireball can only fly so far before it burns out. Arrows don't burn out.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-17-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Considering the main usable skills in the rogue skill tree are that of bow and arrow, I would say that the rogue class in AL is more like a ranger or archer class. I don't think 'rogue' fits this classes description.

What do you guys think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

This is a good idea, But the range should be available only in PvE. Not PvP, It would be so critty and awchy if this works in PvP

Error 404 not found

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ragecx View Post
    This is a good idea, But the range should be available only in PvE. Not PvP, It would be so critty and awchy if this works in PvP
    The suggestion increases much needed survivability in both PvE and PvP without making the class 'tankier'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

The suggestion increases much needed survivability in both PvE and PvP without making the class 'tankier'.
    And when nobody can attack a rogue because he's so far back what will happen to this so called balance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

And when nobody can attack a rogue because he's so far back what will happen to this so called balance?
    There seems to be no problem with mages currently shielding to rush and focus rogues alongside warriors at the current distance (which forces rogues to be too close to the frontlines). They will only be further back.